Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Nick at Nite August 2008 -- Weddings Unveiled Week

Nick at Nite August 2008 --

Regular Schedule

Effective Monday, August 11
Mon-Thurs

8:30PM Drake & Josh (replaces Family Matters)

Effective Friday, August 22

Friday nights (early Saturday mornings)

3:00AM-5:00AM Roseanne (replaces Fresh Prince)

Sunday nights (early Monday mornings)
3:00AM-5:00AM Fresh Prince (replaces Roseanne)
5:00AM-6:00AM Family Matters (replaces Roseanne)

Rest same as July 14.

Specials & Marathons

- Weddings Unveiled
Sunday, August 3, 2008 through Thursday, August 7, 2008
9:00pm-10:00pm each night
Nothing brings a family together like a wedding. Nick at Nite invites viewers to a week of matrimony madness with your favorite Nick
at Nite families. So get ready to celebrate with singing preachers and bad wedding singers as Nick at Nite lets you tie the knot from the comfort of your own couch, without all the stress ... with episodes of Family Matters, Fresh Prince, George Lopez and Home Improvement!

Sunday, August 3, 2008
9:00PM & 2:00AM Family Matters #91 "Mama's Wedding"
9:30PM & 2:30AM Family Matters #136 "Wedding Bell Blues"

Monday, August 4, 2008
9:00PM & 2:00AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air #31 "Guess Who's Coming to Marry?"
9:30PM & 2:30AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air #117 "The Wedding Show (Psyche!)"

Tuesday, August 5, 2008
9:00PM & 1:00AM George Lopez #11 "The Wedding Dance"
9:30PM & 1:30AM George Lopez #73 "George Buys a Vow"

Wednesday, August 6, 2008
9:00PM Home Improvement #104 "Jill's Surprise Party"
9:30PM Home Improvement #144 "Something Old, Something Blue"

Thursday, August 7, 2008
9:00PM & 2:00AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air #66 "Best Laid Plans"
9:30PM & 2:30AM The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air #124 "For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll"
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 08-26-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

that sounds awsome
Old 07-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

That'll be fun to watch, and I'm glad Family Matters is still on at 11pm for the hour.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Coming Summer 2009, new animated original series for Nick at Nite:

Nick at Nite Teams Up With Michael Eisner's Tornante Animation for New TV Series

Greenlights Production for Stop-Motion Animated Comedy, Glenn Martin DDS.

20 Episodes of Tornante Animation's First TV Production to Premiere in Summer 2009, Continuing Nick at Nite's Evolution to Serve Contemporary Families

SANTA MONICA, Calif.,, July 29, 2008 -- As TV's home for the modern-day family comedy, top-rated Nick at Nite has green-lit Glenn Martin DDS., the first television series from Michael Eisner's Tornante Animation, cuing production on 20 episodes of the original, stop-motion primetime program. Giving the American family a whole new look, the 'trailblazing' series buckles up with the Martins in their toothbrush-topped dental mobile as they leave suburbia behind in the rear-view mirror and embark on a cross-country adventure. Eisner and the newly formed division of The Tornante Company -- Tornante Animation, have enlisted Eric Fogel -- the creative force behind MTV's hit Celebrity Deathmatch -- to help design the series.

"Michael Eisner has been the creative architect of some of the most successful sitcoms in television history and we're very excited that the first new series from his new company will be on Nick at Nite," said Cyma Zarghami, President of Nickelodeon/MTVN Kids and Family Group. "Glenn Martin, DDS is an innovative take on the modern American family and has the potential to be a definitional program in Nick at Nite's lineup of family comedies like George Lopez and Home Improvement."

For four decades, Michael Eisner has been a leader in the American entertainment industry. While at ABC, he helped take the network to number one with such iconic shows as Happy Days, Barney Miller and Roots. As President of Paramount Pictures, he turned out hit films such as Raiders of the Lost Ark and Saturday Night Fever. In 1984, he assumed the position of Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company and, in the ensuing 21 years, transformed it from a film and theme park company with $1.8 billion in enterprise value into a global media empire valued at $80 billion. In 2005, Eisner founded The Tornante Company; a privately held company that makes investments in and incubates companies and opportunities in the media and entertainment space.

"Nickelodeon is a global brand synonymous with innovative and creative content for kids and families," said Eisner. "This network is a great fit for Glenn Martin DDS and I look forward to helping Nick at Nite grow their prime-time line up."

With its strongest showing in more than two years, Nick at Nite is total day's number-one basic cable network with Adults 18-49 (tied with TNT) and ranks second only to sister-channel Nickelodeon among total viewers in second quarter 2008 (NMR: 3/31/08-6/29/08).

Nick At Nite is Nickelodeon's nighttime programming block that also features popular hit family comedies including the Emmy Award-winning series Home Improvement, George Lopez, and Family Matters, as well as The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Roseanne. Also coming in 2009 is the hit comedy Everybody Hates Chris, from co-creator and narrator Chris Rock and inspired by his real-life childhood experiences.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
JulieSomoski

An animated comedy? Why can't NAN just stick to reruns for now? These are what pushed Nick at Nite to the top of the ratings, so why ruin what's good?

It seems like 2009 won't be the best year for NAN so far. I'm not exactly thrilled with Everybody Hates Chris coming, and now this new animated comedy.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #6
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Very Last Minute Change:

Effective tonight (Monday, August 11), Drake & Josh has replaced Family Matters Mon-Thurs at 8:30pm.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #7
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Very Last Minute Change:

Effective tonight (Monday, August 11), Drake & Josh has replaced Family Matters Mon-Thurs at 8:30pm.
I think that was a good decision - it seemed out of place at 8:30 - maybe now we can get a more accurate schedule. It should be 2 episodes at 11pm, then encores of those 2 episodes when it airs during latenight.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:58 PM   #8
DSfan

I bet they will soon put :

9-10: Family Matters
10-11: George Lopez
11-12: Home Improvement

Those are the major shows and then latenight I am assuming will stay pretty much the same
DSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #9
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Very Last Minute Change:

Well that kind of sucks, tonight and tomorrow night they were going to air episodes not airing elsewhere. Otherwise though, 8:30 was a very weird timeslot and most of the time it was repeats anyway.

Oh well, I'll just stick with the Olympics instead.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #10
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobiedoo30
Man I cant belive that Nick@Nite is nolonger airing Family Matters at 7:30 pm CT Time
I'm really not surprised they pulled that airing(I thought they would pull it sooner). It's gotten pre-empted several times and most of the time it's a repeat, so the ratings probably weren't good.
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #11
JulieSomoski

Exactly my thoughts - there's no need for that extra 8:30 airing. Since they added that 11:30 airing, 4 a night is good enough. They don't want to overair it - we all know what happens when NAN overkills a show.

Yeah, I bet come September, 9pm will be a much better slot for the show. The early viewers will come back to NAN, and FM is a great transition show.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

I actually like FM at 12am like it is on Saturday Nights
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #13
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon
I actually like FM at 12am like it is on Saturday Nights
I much prefer the later timeslots as well. I LOVE the 2-4am block on Saturdays though. I've just started to not really watch at Midnight and watch then instead.

I actually hope it doesn't go to 9pm on weeknights. I'm usually watching something on the networks then(more true next month when fall TV starts).
Old 08-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #14
DSfan

Do you actually watch tv at 2-4 in the morning or do you mean that you record it then and watch it after?

If you actually watch it, how can you not be sleepy lol?
DSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:57 AM   #15
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSfan
Do you actually watch tv at 2-4 in the morning or do you mean that you record it then and watch it after?

If you actually watch it, how can you not be sleepy lol?
I watch it live, I'm a night owl, stay up til about 4am ET(3am my time) most nights.