Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Facts of Life Online / The Facts of Life links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Facts of Life Photo Gallery / The Facts of Life - Fan Fiction Board / The Division Board


The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Six

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Six on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Seven

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Seven on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Eight

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Eight on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Series

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Series on DVD (Amazon.com)

(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Facts of Life

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Acquires Young Sheldon; Simpsons Now Available in Original Aspect Ratio on Disney+
Fri-Yay: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Continues to Delight and Improve; Remembering Richard Herd of Seinfeld
Apple TV+ to Reboot Fraggle Rock as Series; Virtual Table Read for Bless the Harts on June 1
2021 Programming Set for FX; Hollywood Game Night Returns for 5 Episodes
FX Orders 3rd Season of Comedy; Adult Swim Brings Back Haddish and Wong Series
Memorial Day 2020 TV Marathons
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 25, 2020)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March/April/May)

My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season

01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


View Poll Results: What is your order of headmasters from favorite to least favorite?
Mr. Crocker, Mr. Bradley, Mr. Harris, Mr. Parker 0 0%
Mr. Crocker, Mr. Bradley, Mr. Parker, Mr. Harris 0 0%
Mr. Crocker, Mr. Harris, Mr. Bradley, Mr. Parker 0 0%
Mr. Crocker, Mr. Harris, Mr. Parker, Mr. Bradley 0 0%
Mr. Crocker, Mr. Parker, Mr. Bradley, Mr. Harris 0 0%
Mr. Crocker, Mr. Parker, Mr. Harris, Mr. Bradley 0 0%
Mr. Bradley, Mr. Harris, Mr. Parker, Mr. Crocker 0 0%
Mr. Bradley, Mr. Harris, Mr. Crocker, Mr. Parker 0 0%
Mr. Bradley, Mr. Parker, Mr. Crocker, Mr. Harris 4 50.00%
Mr. Bradley, Mr. Parker, Mr. Harris, Mr. Crocker 2 25.00%
Mr. Bradley, Mr. Crocker, Mr. Parker, Mr. Harris 1 12.50%
Mr. Bradley, Mr. Crocker, Mr. Harris, Mr. Parker 0 0%
Mr. Harris, Mr. Parker, Mr. Crocker, Mr. Bradley 0 0%
Mr. Harris, Mr. Parker, Mr. Bradley, Mr. Crocker 0 0%
Mr. Harris, Mr. Crocker, Mr. Parker, Mr. Bradley 0 0%
Mr. Harris, Mr. Crocker, Mr. Bradley, Mr. Parker 0 0%
Mr. Harris, Mr. Bradley, Mr. Crocker, Mr. Parker 0 0%
Mr. Harris, Mr. Bradley, Mr. Parker, Mr. Crocker 0 0%
Mr. Parker, Mr. Crocker, Mr. Bradley, Mr. Harris 0 0%
Mr. Parker, Mr. Crocker, Mr. Harris, Mr. Bradley 0 0%
Mr. Parker, Mr. Bradley, Mr. Harris, Mr. Crocker 1 12.50%
Mr. Parker, Mr. Bradley, Mr. Crocker, Mr. Harris 0 0%
Mr. Parker, Mr. Harris, Mr. Crocker, Mr. Bradley 0 0%
Mr. Parker, Mr. Harris, Mr. Bradley, Mr. Crocker 0 0%
I liked them all about the same 0 0%
I didn't care for any of them 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2018, 01:57 AM   #1
'80sSitcoms
Member
Senior Member
 
'80sSitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 30, 2013
Posts: 9,166
Default Eastland Headmasters - Favorite to Least Favorite

Vote for your order of preference!
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:50 AM   #2
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Senior Member
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 7,913
Default

Great poll!

I voted for Mr. Bradley first: he was always involved in his students' lives, he pitched in and taught classes, he saved Tootie and Blair, he even cancelled his trip to help one of his students in distress.

I voted for Mr. Parker second: he risked his own job to save Mrs. Garrett's. He risked it again to try to combat censorship at Eastland. He took an interest in the lives of his students, and knew their names. He slowly began taking Mrs. Garrett for granted, but learned his lesson when she left Eastland, and they parted on good terms.

I voted for Mr. Harris third. He listened to malicious gossip about Mrs. Garrett, and believed it without even questioning it. He expelled the four girls without ever speaking to them, only relenting when the school dietitian proposed something else . He was not a good school administrator.

I voted for Mr. Crocker last. He seemed slightly insane.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:55 AM   #3
'80sSitcoms
Member
Senior Member
 
'80sSitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 30, 2013
Posts: 9,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
Great poll!

I voted for Mr. Bradley first: he was always involved in his students' lives, he pitched in and taught classes, he saved Tootie and Blair, he even cancelled his trip to help one of his students in distress.
I remember Mrs. Garrett receiving heavy criticism from someone at this board years ago over this. They were adamant that Mrs. Garrett was very manipulative in getting Mr. Bradley to cancel his trip to Hawaii when a student at the school had a personal problem and the housemother there was already tackling it.

I have to say it is a shame that he missed his trip to Hawaii to come back to something that was already cleared up---he probably couldn't get a refund for his ticket $, lol. Poor Mr. Bradley!


Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
I voted for Mr. Parker second: ...when she left Eastland, and they parted on good terms.
Well, at least when he left EE's they did. That was at least some closure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
I voted for Mr. Harris third. He listened to malicious gossip about Mrs. Garrett
I was going to say we can't call it "malicious" since it was Tootie who sounded the alarm, and she's not malicious, but, we don't know what the words of the rumor are that Mr. Harris heard from whomever he heard it by the time it go to him, lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
I voted for Mr. Crocker last. He seemed slightly insane.
Hahaha, but he's entertaining---when he tells Nancy what he wants from her in her performance, it's so funny the explicitly detailed mature-actor list he insists she pull off---for some reason it never really hit me, but when I watched TGS last week it caught me off guard and really made me laugh!
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:52 AM   #4
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Senior Member
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 7,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
I remember Mrs. Garrett receiving heavy criticism from someone at this board years ago over this. They were adamant that Mrs. Garrett was very manipulative in getting Mr. Bradley to cancel his trip to Hawaii when a student at the school had a personal problem and the housemother there was already tackling it.
I think Mrs. G could manipulate (like in "Rough Housing"), but she used her manipulations for good. I don't think she was trying to ruin Mr. Bradley's trip.

Quote:
I have to say it is a shame that he missed his trip to Hawaii to come back to something that was already cleared up---he probably couldn't get a refund for his ticket $, lol. Poor Mr. Bradley!
It is a shame he missed his secret honeymoon with Miss Mahoney... or should I say Mrs. Emily Mahoney-Bradley?

Quote:
Hahaha, but he's entertaining---when he tells Nancy what he wants from her in her performance, it's so funny the explicitly detailed mature-actor list he insists she pull off---for some reason it never really hit me, but when I watched TGS last week it caught me off guard and really made me laugh!
Sure, it's funny for a while... but can you imagine actually working for such a man? Being subject to his whims? No way!
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:28 AM   #5
'80sSitcoms
Member
Senior Member
 
'80sSitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 30, 2013
Posts: 9,166
Default



Here you go valentina, a poll to go along with your new thread, lol.
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:12 AM   #6
cfr1970
Member
Senior Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 2,436
Default

I voted Bradley first, then Parker---same reasons as Retro. I liked the season 1 episode where he saved the girls in the storm. I wasn't too crazy about Parker much only because he worked Mrs. G to the bone and didn't seem to appreciate her until she was gone. Bad!

I don't recall Mr. Crocker & Mr. Harris? Do they come after season 6?!
cfr1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:04 AM   #7
80s Dude
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 24, 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I voted Bradley first, then Parker---same reasons as Retro. I liked the season 1 episode where he saved the girls in the storm. I wasn't too crazy about Parker much only because he worked Mrs. G to the bone and didn't seem to appreciate her until she was gone. Bad!

I don't recall Mr. Crocker & Mr. Harris? Do they come after season 6?!
Mr. Crocker appeared only in the Different Strokes "Girls School" backdoor pilot.

Mr. Harris appeared in "Gossip" and was mentioned in the New Girl episodes.
80s Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:35 AM   #8
cfr1970
Member
Senior Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 2,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s Dude View Post
Mr. Crocker appeared only in the Different Strokes "Girls School" backdoor pilot.

Mr. Harris appeared in "Gossip" and was mentioned in the New Girl episodes.
Thanks. I'll look out for Mr. Harris in "Gossip" when it cycles back around and am getting the DS dvd just for that "Girls School" ep.
cfr1970 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:59 AM   #9
80s Dude
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 24, 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
Thanks. I'll look out for Mr. Harris in "Gossip" when it cycles back around and am getting the DS dvd just for that "Girls School" ep.
You also can see it on Videomotion.
80s Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:05 PM   #10
FOL-FAN-ITA
Member
Forum Regular
 
FOL-FAN-ITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 29, 2019
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 425
Default

I voted for Mr. Bradley first. He really care about the girls , he was the best headmaster. The only thing I don't like about him is when he becomes so obsessed with I.Q. tests.

Mr. Parker second: he was a good headmaster too, although he was sometimes "rude" to Mrs. Garrett.

Mr. Harris third: he was only in one episode, I don't like him because he believed Mrs. Garrett was drunk

Mr. Crocker: I don't hate him, just my least favourite. He was a little insane but funny in some scenes
FOL-FAN-ITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:43 PM   #11
'80sSitcoms
Member
Senior Member
 
'80sSitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 30, 2013
Posts: 9,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I wasn't too crazy about Parker much only because he worked Mrs. G to the bone and didn't seem to appreciate her until she was gone. Bad!
Agreed!


Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I don't recall Mr. Crocker & Mr. Harris? Do they come after season 6?!
As they said, Mr. Crocker is in the backdoor pilot on "Diff'rent Strokes". As for Mr. Harris, "Gossip" is in season 2.
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:24 PM   #12
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Senior Member
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 7,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
Thanks. I'll look out for Mr. Harris in "Gossip" when it cycles back around and am getting the DS dvd just for that "Girls School" ep.
It is definitely worth the seven dollars, just to see the origins of the show.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:32 PM   #13
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Senior Member
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 7,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL-FAN-ITA View Post
I voted for Mr. Bradley first. He really care about the girls , he was the best headmaster. The only thing I don't like about him is when he becomes so obsessed with I.Q. tests.
He became obsessed with IQ tests during testing-time, became obsessed with running times during Track season, and became obsessed with poetry during the poetry assignment. I'd say we've discovered a deep character flaw with Mr. Bradley!

It's a good thing he left before "Who Am I"!

Quote:
Mr. Parker second: he was a good headmaster too, although he was sometimes "rude" to Mrs. Garrett.
Especially near the end! OMG! Talk about taking someone for granted! He was as bad as Blair in the Chinese food episode!

Quote:
Mr. Harris third: he was only in one episode, I don't like him because he believed Mrs. Garrett was drunk

Mr. Crocker: I don't hate him, just my least favourite. He was a little insane but funny in some scenes
Very funny, and a little insane, yes. I can see why they never talk about him, after carting him off to the institution!
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:37 PM   #14
FOL-FAN-ITA
Member
Forum Regular
 
FOL-FAN-ITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 29, 2019
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
He became obsessed with IQ tests during testing-time, became obsessed with running times during Track season, and became obsessed with poetry during the poetry assignment. I'd say we've discovered a deep character flaw with Mr. Bradley!
He was obsessed but not insane like Crocker or rude like Parker
FOL-FAN-ITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:39 PM   #15
FOL-FAN-ITA
Member
Forum Regular
 
FOL-FAN-ITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 29, 2019
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
Especially near the end! OMG! Talk about taking someone for granted! He was as bad as Blair in the Chinese food episode!
I hate Blair in that episode and when she tells Mrs. Garrett that she is her landlady
FOL-FAN-ITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.