Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Game Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Game Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Rewind TV January 2022 Schedule Includes Drew Carey, NewsRadio; HBO's Somebody Somewhere Premieres Jan. 16
Live in Front of a Studio Audience Announces Cast of The Facts of Life; Disney Television Orders Marsai Martin Produced Comedy
Antenna TV January 2022 Schedule and Q1 2022 Stunts; Chucky Gets 2nd Season on Syfy & USA
Who's the Boss? Now on GAC Family; black-ish Farewell Season Starts Jan. 4
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 29, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: MacGruber Series Premiere Date Set; Saved by the Bell Pays Tribute to Dustin Diamond
2021 Antenna TV Christmas and New Year's Schedule

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-December)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
howilu

Default Worst Game Show Hosts

I was watching an episode of the 70s game show Dealer's choice on youtube.com with Bob Hastings as host and to me, he was one of the worst game show hosts of all-time because he sounded a lot like a carnival barker. Who were some others that would be worth mentioning as some of the worst hosts?

One other name that comes to mind is the first host of the current version of Family Feud, Louie Anderson. He didn't have a very good delivery and I'll always remember his signoff "Be good to your family."
howilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
Lakeboy
Frequent Poster

Louie Anderson has to be the worst game show host ever. The guy who replaced Wink Martindale on Tic Tac Dough was bad also.
Lakeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #3
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Dylan Lane - Chain Reaction
Paul Rodriguez-The Newlywed Game
Buddy Hackett-You Bet Your Life
Louie Anderson - Family Feud
Doug Davidson-The New Price Is Right
Gordon Elliott-To Tell The Truth
Rip Taylor-The $1.98 Beauty Show
John Davidson-Any Game Show he hosted
Ross Shafer-Match Game
Jon "Bowzer" Bauman-Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour
Rolf Benrschke-Wheel Of Fortune
Old 10-26-2012, 05:35 AM   #4
Lakeboy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
Ross Shafer-Match Game
Rolf is a good one. I totally forgot about him.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
let'swatchtv
Forum Regular

Steve Harvey-Millionaire (guest host),Family Feud:he's the reason why I stopped watching Feud in 2010 just after 6 episodes. also he's a bigoted-racist jerk, doesn't care about the families, doesn't care about the gameplay, butchers some of the traditional elements that other "Feud" host obtain and he's tries too hard to be funny even though he's not, and his personality for the show is even more faker that Paris Hilton, also I feel that this version is more about him than the contestants and has ruined the once-beloved franchise with him doing these fake out poses on these "shock value" answers from his contestants for which get's very irritating, he's not smart at all, and he uses ghetto slang way too much (EX: Yo Mama jumped out Da Cake, they be eatin' moose, etc.)acting like this show is for BET instead of syndication so in conclusion viewers for Harvey's Feud is just for blacks,sexual offenders, perverts, and pedofiles since that version encourages sexual questions and answers a lot of times.

Shandi Finnessey-Lingo,PlayMania,quiznation,100 Winners:a very egotistical B*TCH who has ruined the careers of Chuck Woolery on Lingo and Mel Peachey on PlayMania for whom I thank god that she doesn't work at GSN anymore.

Last edited by let'swatchtv; 04-12-2013 at 03:54 PM.
let'swatchtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
let'swatchtv
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeboy
Louie Anderson has to be the worst game show host ever. The guy who replaced Wink Martindale on Tic Tac Dough was bad also.

Jim Caldwell or Patrick "YOUUUUUUUUUU WINNNNNNNNNNNN!" Wayne?

Last edited by let'swatchtv; 10-26-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
EricIdlefan
Thanksgiving 2021
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
Ross Shafer-Match Game
That list explains it all there!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

A few more....

Sherri Shepherd - The Newlywed Game
Carnie Wilson - The Newlywed Game
Elaine Joyce - The Dating Game
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
let'swatchtv
Forum Regular

does William Shatner-Show Me The Money count?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
Lakeboy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by let'swatchtv
Jim Caldwell or Patrick "YOUUUUUUUUUU WINNNNNNNNNNNN!" Wayne?
Jim Caldwell (I couldn't remember his name).
Old 10-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
Topanga96
I <3 Cory Matthews
Frequent Poster

Richard Karn(Al Borland of Home Improvement) of The Family Feud
Old 10-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topanga96
Richard Karn(Al Borland of Home Improvement) of The Family Feud
He was better than Louie Anderson and Steve Harvey.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #13
cleverfun3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by let'swatchtv
Steve Harvey-Millionaire (guest host),Family Feud:he's the reason why I soppted watching Feud in 2010. also he's a bigoted-racist jerk, doesn't care about the families, doesn't care about the gameplay, butchers some of the traditonal elements that other "Feud" host obtain and he's tries too hard to be funny even though he's not, and his personality for the show is even more faker that Paris Hilton, also I feel like this version is more abut him than the contestants and has ruined the once-beloved franchise with him doing these fake out poses for which get's very irritating, he's not smart at all, and he uses ghetto slang way too much (EX: Yo Mama jumped out Da Cake, they be eatin' moose)acting like this show is for BET instead of syndication and this version viewers is just for blacks,sexual offenders, perverts, and pedofiles since that version encourages sexual questions and answers a lot of times.
I am a HUGE Steve Harvey fan, from waaaay back (The Steve Harvey Show!), but I have to agree with each and everything you said. Steve IS NOT FUNNY on Family Fued because he is totally, completely and immorally out of place on this show. This is a middle America family type show and his humor is ghetto-style based humor. He is a very talented performer - but not here. He is funny enough to make you crack a rib laughing - but not here. Here, he is just a homie jester trying to be funny with jokes a majority of his audience has NO CHANCE of finding amusing. He is NOT a cross over artist. He is best appreciated by inner-city urban residents that get his inside "hood jokes" and blatant, hard to figure out "ghetto slang." So from a Steve Harvey fan to you - you are 100% correct. Here, he is among the very worst of the worst - EVER.
cleverfun3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:19 AM   #14
let'swatchtv
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverfun3000
I am a HUGE Steve Harvey fan, from waaaay back (The Steve Harvey Show!), but I have to agree with each and everything you said. Steve IS NOT FUNNY on Family Fued because he is totally, completely and immorally out of place on this show. This is a middle America family type show and his humor is ghetto-style based humor. He is a very talented performer - but not here. He is funny enough to make you crack a rib laughing - but not here. Here, he is just a homie jester trying to be funny with jokes a majority of his audience has NO CHANCE of finding amusing. He is NOT a cross over artist. He is best appreciated by inner-city urban residents that get his inside "hood jokes" and blatant, hard to figure out "ghetto slang." So from a Steve Harvey fan to you - you are 100% correct. Here, he is among the very worst of the worst - EVER.
THANK GOD YOU UNDERSTAND MY PAIN CLEVERFUN3000, It's like you can see inside my mind for the main reason why that I can't continue on being a "FEUD" fan anymore. I wish that the people at GSN's Message Boards, Buzzerblog and all "Feud" fans across America would understand that but they never will.

and really I though you were going to offended him but i'm totally suprised
that you agree with me and I appreciate it.

but don't get me wrong I loved Family Feud but I know for most people they grew up with the late Richard Dawson but as for me since i was born in 1985I grew up with Ray Combs and I think I was exposed to Richard Dawson in 1994 when he didn't kissed female contestants on the lips since he was married and he promised his daughter that the only women that he's allowed to kiss is his wife Gretchen Johnson who was a former Feud contestant in 1981 but anyway i also remember watching Louie Anderson's version now granted he wasn't the greatest Feud host of all-time but at least he didn't tell the families saying "That was the suckiest answer ever" and Richard Karn and John O'Hurley was okay as well but back to Harvey, I originally wanted to like this version of Feud since I remember that I use to like him hosting Showtime At The Apollo in syndication on the weekends and Steve Harvey's Big Time and Big Time Challenge on The WB back in the day when he had the fade and he was cool but now since he's just a washed-up, bald-headed dick I can't seem to enjoy him anymore so after I watch Wheel of Fortune on WFMY News 2 at 7:00 PM at 7:30 I play Wheel of Fortune on the Wii just for practice game purposes.

his jump to the game show bandwagon started when he guest hosted Millionaire for one week in 2008 and just sucked balls at it he wasn't really smart at all and what's really disappointing is that in one of those episodes he did referenced the currrent host Meredith Vieira which is fine by me but
he blantanly forgot Regis Philbin who hosted the ABC Primetime version of the show three times before Meredith stepped in doing the syndie version 2002 it's like having a celebrity guest host on The Weakest Link remembing George Gray instead of Anne Robinson you just don't do that, also at that
time he was being parodied by Keenan Thompson on SNL at that time.

but all in all I'm maybe be a black person but unlike Steve on the Feud i'm not an "IGNORANT" black person.

P.S. IMO, I think Cedric The Entertainer, D.L. Hughley or David Alan Grier would have been a better choice as the first permanent African-American Feud host that Steve Harvey. Heck, I would have beeen a better African-American host of Family Feud than Steve Harvey. Don't you agree cleverfun3000?

Last edited by let'swatchtv; 10-30-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:21 AM   #15
let'swatchtv
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeboy
Jim Caldwell (I couldn't remember his name).

well I'm glad i could be your help Lakeboy.