Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Hazel links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Hazel Photo Gallery

Hazel - The Complete First Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete First Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Second Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Third Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Hazel - The Complete Fifth and Final Season

Buy Hazel - The Complete Fifth and Final Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Hazel

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 24, 2022)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Going All in on Monday Night Animated Comedies (in May 2023); CBS Cancels Bull After Six Seasons
One Tree Hill Reunion on New CBS Series; Bel-Air Announces Recurring Cast, Including Karrueche Tran & Duane Martin
REELZ Announces I Love Lucy, Gilligan's Island Unknown Story Specials; The Proud Family Revival Premieres Feb. 23 on Disney+
South Park Season 25 Premieres Feb. 2; Netflix Orders Animated Comedy Procedural
Tim Allen to Star in The Santa Clause TV Series; Lifetime Reunites with Jenna Dewan
Celebrating Betty White: America's Golden Girl Airs Jan. 31 on NBC; Netflix Premieres Murderville on Feb. 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-January)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
01/04 - Work in Progress - Season 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Search Sitcoms Online:

Old 03-06-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
Rezny@gmail.com

Arrow Did the late Shirley Booth get along with-

1)the late Don DeFore 2)the late Whitney Blake 3)the late Bobby Buntrock 4)Cathy Lewis(Is she still alive?)5)Ray Fulmer(what happened to him?)6)Lynn Borden and 7)Julia Benjamin(what happened to her)?
Rezny@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
McGillicuddy
Forum Veteran

Wow! Theres no one alive from this series! What happened to Bobby Buntrock?
McGillicuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
Mr. Television
18 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by markway895
He died in a car accident in the early 1970's. He died before anybody else.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
MichaelKeith
Forum Regular

While it may be possible to hide some personal feelings on the screen, by and large, I believe that the whole cast not only go along, but liked each other based on the original cast being together for four seasons. They all appear to be enjoying themselves on screen. Especially Booth's relationship with the son Harold. She loved him both on and off-screen. One thing I really like about the show is the warmth all the characters have for one another. Contrary to what Ms. Baxter-Birney's autobiography may say, I believe the cast generally had affection for each other.
MichaelKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
Hazel Anyday

Bobby Buntrock died in a motorcycle accident that occurred on the same bridge his mother was killed on in a car accident earlier. Some say that perhaps Buntrock took his own life being depressed after his mother's death, but no one can be certain. I think it was just a horrible coincidence they both died at the same place.

No Cathy Lewis bit the dust too. Died in 1968, as I remember it, of cancer. Same with Mr. Griffin he also died in 1968. The whole cast seemed to die quickly after the show ended. But Shirley Booth, Don DeFore, & Whitney did live a long time afterward. Ray Fulmer and Lynn Borden are still kicking.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
karl59
Forum Cub

Heart Hazel actor Bobby Buntrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by markway895
Bobby Buntrock was killed in a car crash at the age of 21, on
the same bridge where his mother died in a car crash about
one year earlier.
karl59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
old grouch

If Shirley Booth was anything like her Hazel character, then she got along well splendidly with everyone.
old grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
Tom_Clark
Occasional Poster

I love Shirley Booth, and thought she had to be quite nice -- like Hazel -- in real life. I'm afraid that's not so. A man trying to write a biography on her years ago, contacted her sister who told him she didn't have a thing to say, that she hadn't spoken to her sister in years. I've also heard stories from people who said she could be quite blunt, almost rude, if you asked her for her autograph.

She was a great actress, who could do anything, so we can't judge her real life personality by her great performance as Hazel.
Tom_Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
Hazel Anyday

Default Ain't Necessarily So.

Just because (if it's true, and I have no idea) Shirley may not have gotten along with her sister does not mean she was a mean or bad person. I remember my own grandmother, she also didn't get along with her sister, seemed to have some sort of bitterness, which she never explained. At any rate, my grandmother was extremely nice, treated me royally and always with love, and boy what a cook!! Well, same with Shirley, you can't judge her character from her supposed discord with her sister. I know she got along with the first Baxter family, even Whitney Blake said so in an interview I remember hearing Whitney on Tom Snyder's radio talk show. She also said in that interview that she didn't even know Bobby Buntrock had died till more than 10 years later. (I have a tape of that somewhere.) I think Meredith is only trying to stir up controversy to sell books, al la Gary Crosby. I wonder if she called her rag "Hazel Dearest"?
Hazel Anyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:19 PM   #10
Hoagie78
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday
Just because (if it's true, and I have no idea) Shirley may not have gotten along with her sister does not mean she was a mean or bad person. I remember my own grandmother, she also didn't get along with her sister, seemed to have some sort of bitterness, which she never explained. At any rate, my grandmother was extremely nice, treated me royally and always with love, and boy what a cook!! Well, same with Shirley, you can't judge her character from her supposed discord with her sister. I know she got along with the first Baxter family, even Whitney Blake said so in an interview I remember hearing Whitney on Tom Snyder's radio talk show. She also said in that interview that she didn't even know Bobby Buntrock had died till more than 10 years later. (I have a tape of that somewhere.) I think Meredith is only trying to stir up controversy to sell books, al la Gary Crosby. I wonder if she called her rag "Hazel Dearest"?
I heard a recent interview with Lynn Borden who played Barbara Baxter in the final season and she said Shirley was a gem and loved working with her. She said that Shirley and the cast all cried when Shirley told them she was too sick to continue on.
Hoagie78 is offline   Reply With Quote