Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Renews Freshman Fall 2019 Class; Fox Schedules 9-1-1 Spin-off for Midseason 2020
Fox Schedules Comedy Christmas Event; CNBC Gets A-Rod to Get Celebs Back in the Game
Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Nick at Nite September 2010 -- My Wife & Kids Joins, Wall-to-Wall George Lopez Week

Nick at Nite September 2010 --

READ THE BLOG STORY FIRST BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION OR MAKING A COMMENT, SO YOU HAVE THE REASONINGS
Blog Story: http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2010/0...le-has-my.html

Regular Schedule

Changes ONLY:

Effective Monday, August 30, 2010
Sun-Thurs
8:00PM My Wife & Kids (replaces Family Matters)
8:30PM My Wife & Kids (replaces Family Matters)

Effective Saturday, September 4, 2010
Weekends
11:00PM The Nanny (replaces Malcolm in the Middle)
11:30PM The Nanny (replaces Malcolm in the Middle)
12:00AM Malcolm in the Middle (replaces The Nanny)
12:30AM Malcolm in the Middle (replaces The Nanny)
2:00AM My Wife & Kids (replaces Everybody Hates Chris)
2:30AM My Wife & Kids (replaces Everybody Hates Chris)
3:00AM Everybody Hates Chris (replaces Family Matters)
3:30AM Everybody Hates Chris (replaces Family Matters)
4:00AM The Nanny (replaces Family Matters)
4:30AM The Nanny (replaces Family Matters)
5:00AM Family Matters (replaces The Cosby Show)
5:30AM Family Matters (replaces The Cosby Show)

Effective Monday, September 6, 2010
Weekdays
12:00AM Malcolm in the Middle (replaces Bumper to Bumper summer marathons)
12:30AM Malcolm in the Middle (replaces Bumper to Bumper summer marathons)
1:00am George Lopez (replaces Bumper to Bumper summer marathons)
1:30am George Lopez (replaces Bumper to Bumper summer marathons)
2:00am My Wife & Kids (replaces Bumper to Bumper summer marathons)
2:30am My Wife & Kids (replaces Bumper to Bumper summer marathons)
3:00am Everybody Hates Chris (replaces Bumper to Bumper summer marathons)
3:00am Everybody Hates Chris (replaces Bumper to Bumper summer marathons)
4:00am The Nanny (replaces Bumper to Bumper summer marathons)
4:30am The Nanny (replaces Bumper to Bumper summer marathons)
5:00am Family Matters (replaces Bumper to Bumper summer marathons)
5:30am Family Matters (replaces Bumper to Bumper summer marathons)

Effective Thursday, September 16, 2010
Every night
12:00AM The Nanny (replaces Malcolm in the Middle)
12:30AM The Nanny (replaces Malcolm in the Middle) / Everybody Hates Chris airs on Fridays

Effective Friday, September 17, 2010
Fridays
9:00PM My Wife & Kids (replaces Everybody Hates Chris)
12:30AM Everybody Hates Chris (replaces Malcolm in the Middle)

Full Schedule
Mon-Thurs
6:00am Family Matters
6:30am Family Matters
8:00pm My Wife & Kids
8:30pm My Wife & Kids
9:00pm Everybody Hates Chris
9:30pm Everybody Hates Chris
10:00pm George Lopez
10:30pm George Lopez
11:00pm The Nanny
11:30pm The Nanny
12:00am The Nanny
12:30am The Nanny
1:00am George Lopez
1:30am George Lopez
2:00am My Wife & Kids
2:30am My Wife & Kids
3:00am Everybody Hates Chris
3:30am Everybody Hates Chris
4:00am The Nanny
4:30am The Nanny
5:00am Family Matters
5:30am Family Matters

Fridays
9:00pm My Wife & Kids or Nickelodeon
9:30pm George Lopez
10:30pm Glenn Martin, DDS
12:30am Everybody Hates Chris
1:00am George Lopez
1:30am George Lopez

Weekends
8:00pm Nickelodeon (Sat); My Wife & Kids (Sun)
8:30pm Nickelodeon (Sat); My Wife & Kids (Sun)
9:00pm Nickelodeon (Sat); Everybody Hates Chris (Sun)
9:30pm Nickelodeon (Sat); Everybody Hates Chris (Sun)
10:30pm George Lopez
12:30am The Nanny
1:00am The Nanny
1:30am The Nanny

Specials & Marathons

-Glenn Martin, DDS
Premiered Monday, August 17, 2009
Now airing Fridays at 10:30pm
Glenn Martin, DDS is the first television production to come out of Michael Eisner’s Tornante Animation Company. The original stop-motion animated series follows the life of Glenn Martin (Kevin Nealon), who yearns for a change of scenery and a deeper connection with his family. Determined to bring the family closer together, Glenn takes the Martins on a road trip to protest the destruction of a beloved childhood park. As things unravel right from the get-go, the family is forced to make the dental-mobile – replete with a giant decorative toothbrush on the roof – their new home. Glenn, Jackie (Catherine O’Hara) and Courtney (Jackie Clarke) – an 11-year-old future corporate maven who brings along her personal assistant, Wendy (Judy Greer), a 14-year-old North Korean exile – and son, Conor (Peter Oldring), the 13-year-old hormone-addled tween who’s not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed--quickly learn when hitting the road that the road can sometimes hit back in unexpected ways. The Martins are accompanied on their journey by the family dog, Canine, who’s pronounced buttocks only add to the hilarity.

September Premieres:

Friday, September 10, 10:30PM - Glenn Martin DDS: Fashion Show
Description: While in NYC Conor gets discovered as a fashion model and Jackie works on her clothing line. Glenn accidentally drives the RV into the Hudson River and Courtney and Wendy steal Donald Trump’s wig.

Friday, September 17, 10:30PM – Glenn Martin DDS: Step-Brother
Description: Glenn’s mother is getting remarried and he competes for Sheila’s affections with his ultra-successful, soon to be step-brother, Curtis. Featuring: MC Hammer and Betty White

- My Wife & Kids
Starts Monday, August 30, 2010
Sun-Thurs 8-9pm ET/PT and every night 2-3am ET/PT
Michael Kyle is a husband, father of three and owner of Kyle trucking. Join Nick at Nite as he brings his hilarious family-man antics to Nick at Nite and shows everyone just how he cares for his wife and kids!

George Lopez Wall-to-Wall Marathon Week
Monday, August 30, 2010 through Friday, September 3, 2010
9pm-6am ET/PT every night!
After you get a taste of Nick at Nite's newest addition (My Wife & Kids), stick around for all night marathons of George Lopez!

- Movie Premiere – FRED: The Movie
Saturday, September 18, 2010
8-10pm
Description: FRED is a story about a boy in love with the girl next door named Judy. Fred’s nemesis lives across the street, and thwarts each attempt he makes to see her. When Fred finally succeeds in making it to Judy’s, he discovers she has moved – so Fred embarks on a journey to find her. His journey takes him all over town, only to discover that Judy has moved mere minutes away. The initial blow that comes from the realization that Judy is having a party Fred wasn’t invited to, fuels a grand scheme that makes Fred cooler than his classmates could ever imagine. He may even get the girl...
Encores Sunday, September 19 at 8pm

- 7 Hour Marathon of Everybody Hates Chris
Saturday, September 18, 2010
10PM-5AM
10:00pm #001
10:30pm #041
11:00pm #051 (Premiere)
11:30pm #078 (Premiere)
12:00am #033
12:30am #035
1:00am #048
1:30am #053 (Premiere)
2:00am #015
2:30am #003
3:00am #030
3:30am #034
4:00am #063
4:30am #070

And read the blog story for further insight: http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2010/0...le-has-my.html
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 09-23-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
clj2

Oh wow. A George Lopez week and MW&K. No use for September already

ETA: wow, The Nanny is staying put! I certainly was not expecting that. It needs to be cut back on one of the channels though, that's a little overkill with TV Land airing it also.

Last edited by clj2; 08-16-2010 at 12:03 PM.
clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

My Wife and Kids would have been better at 9PM to lead into George Lopez, that pair worked on ABC. And Family Matters is a better show than Everybody Hates Chris, it deserves the primetime slot more. I'm not surprised The Nanny is staying. It brings in the ratings, why would they remove it? There's plenty of other shows that air on two or more channels, I don't see them being complained about.
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
clj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule
My Wife and Kids would have been better at 9PM to lead into George Lopez, that pair worked on ABC. And Family Matters is a better show than Everybody Hates Chris, it deserves the primetime slot more. I'm not surprised The Nanny is staying. It brings in the ratings, why would they remove it? There's plenty of other shows that air on two or more channels, I don't see them being complained about.
Not owned by the same company and at the exact same time sometimes. Cannibalazation, much?

Everybody Loves Raymond is an example of a show on two channels; it airs on TBS in the afternoon, and TV Land at night (and they aren't sister networks). The Nanny is airing around the same time on both channels who are owned by the same company.

I can't believe that Everybody Hates Chris is doing well. I thought it would have been long gone.
clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

The Nanny won't be on at the same times on TVL/NAN in September.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
retrofan05

Wow, this is a nice balanced schedule. I like the fact that one show isn't getting over played. I am glad they kept The Nanny. I think it's definitely one of their better shows and I don't think the fact that TV Land just started airing it is a reason to remove it.
retrofan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:25 AM   #7
DSfan

I like their schedule a lot, actually. It flows very well with My Wife & Kids, Everybody Hates Chris, George Lopez kicking it off.

In my opinion, keeping The Nanny is a good move since they would only keep it if it's bringing in good ratings which it must be. So, therefore, it can air on both channels and do just fine.

I am, however, disappointed that Family Matters is stuck from 5-7AM like that. But at least it's not due to some crazy injustice because their schedule is well-balanced and has a good amount of variety. So, as a fan of Family Matters, it would be nice to see it continue on in its 8PM slot but I must say that N@N's schedule is very well-done and seems like it will be a strong ratings boost for them.
DSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
Heckles101
Frequent Poster

Does TeenNick have a new schedule this Fall or is it the same old crap?
Heckles101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
retrofan05

It would be nice to see Family Matters start airing on TeenNick in good time slots. In my opinion it would fit perfectly on the network.
retrofan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #10
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

N@N gives George Lopez sooooooo much LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great, can';t wait until the 30th
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

NICKELODEON EXPANDS ROSTER OF HIT FAMILY COMEDIES WITH MY WIFE AND KIDS, STARRING DAMON WAYANS, PREMIERING MONDAY, AUG. 30, ON NICK AT NITE

Sitcom Co-Created and Exec Produced by Wayans to Air Weeknights with Back-to-Back Episodes at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

NEW YORK - Aug. 23, 2010 -- Nickelodeon welcomes My Wife and Kids to Nick at Nite, TV's home for the modern-day family sitcom, every weeknight from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT) beginning Monday, Aug. 30. The half-hour series stars Damon Wayans (In Living Color, Major Payne) as a modern-day patriarch who rules his household with a unique brand of wisdom, discipline and humor. Wayans executive produced and created the series with Don Reo (Blossom, Everybody Hates Chris), and also served as a writer on the show. The complete 123-episode library of My Wife and Kids will join Nick at Nite's slate of stellar family comedies, which includes George Lopez, its original time-slot neighbor during the series' initial broadcast run.

"With Damon Wayans at the helm, My Wife and Kids is the perfect series to live alongside Nick at Nite's line-up of proven favorites that put families front and center," said Zarghami. "His unique brand of humor and perspective tackles real-life family issues in a fun, entertaining way that our audience both relates to and appreciates."

My Wife and Kids stars Wayans as Michael Kyle, a loving husband and successful owner of Kyle Trucking, who longs for a traditional life. He becomes an unlikely "Mr. Mom" when his wife, Janet, played by Tisha Campbell-Martin (Martin, House Party), becomes a stockbroker. While raising his family in the suburbs of Stamford, Conn., Kyle uses his distinct parenting style to impart life's lessons to his three children: his only son, the rebellious but slightly dense Michael, or "Jr." (George O. Gore II), his self-absorbed, moody and adolescent daughter Claire (Jazz Raycole, later Jennifer Freeman), and his youngest wisecracking daughter Kady (Parker McKenna Posey). The series features guest stars Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Keenan Ivory Wayans, Wayne Newton and Gary Coleman. Produced by ABC Studios (formerly known as Touchstone Television) and distributed by Disney-ABC Domestic Television, the series ran in prime time on network television on ABC from March 2001 to May 2005.

My Wife and Kids has been honored with an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series (Campbell-Martin), two BET Comedy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (Wayans) and Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series (Campbell-Martin), and two People's Choice Awards for Favorite Male Performer in a New Television Series (Wayans) and Favorite Television New Comedy Series.

Nick at Nite is Nickelodeon's nighttime programming block that features popular modern-day family comedies including Everybody Hates Chris and the Emmy Award-winning series Home Improvement, George Lopez, Malcolm in the Middle, The Nanny and Family Matters. Year-to-date, Nick at Nite ranks as the number-one cable network in total day among Women 18-49, averaging a 0.7/415,000 and 1.6 million total viewers.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #12
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Additional info:

Glenn Martin Season 2 Premieres:

Friday, September 10, 10:30PM - Glenn Martin DDS: Fashion Show
Description: While in NYC Conor gets discovered as a fashion model and Jackie works on her clothing line. Glenn accidentally drives the RV into the Hudson River and Courtney and Wendy steal Donald Trump’s wig.

Friday, September 17, 10:30PM – Glenn Martin DDS: Step-Brother
Description: Glenn’s mother is getting remarried and he competes for Sheila’s affections with his ultra-successful, soon to be step-brother, Curtis. Featuring: MC Hammer and Betty White

Other stunts / programming:

Saturday, September 18, 8-10pm – Movie Premiere – FRED: The Movie
Description: FRED is a story about a boy in love with the girl next door named Judy. Fred’s nemesis lives across the street, and thwarts each attempt he makes to see her. When Fred finally succeeds in making it to Judy’s, he discovers she has moved – so Fred embarks on a journey to find her. His journey takes him all over town, only to discover that Judy has moved mere minutes away. The initial blow that comes from the realization that Judy is having a party Fred wasn’t invited to, fuels a grand scheme that makes Fred cooler than his classmates could ever imagine. He may even get the girl...
Encores Sunday, September 19 at 8pm

Saturday, September 18, 10PM-5AM – 7 Hour Marathon of Everybody Hates Chris
Old 09-13-2010, 12:39 AM   #13
Tubehead

what show should be next in line for nick at nite?

my pick
California dreams i doubt it would happin.
step by stepi think this show would do well on nickat nite.
boy meets world i think this would do well on nickat nite
saved by the bell. supraised they hadn't showed it yet it come on all the time on tbs.
king ofqueens
thewayns brothers
haning wiht mr cooper
Tubehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #14
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

So is MW&K doing well on N@N? I guess Malcolm wasn't since they took it off the line up. I didn't think EHC was doing that well.
spunkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #15
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflies
So is MW&K doing well on N@N? I guess Malcolm wasn't since they took it off the line up. I didn't think EHC was doing that well.

I hope not
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote