Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default SitcomsOnline.com Upfront Preview Week

Stay tuned all this week (May 10-13) at around 12 noon ET on the blog for our predictions of the fall schedules!

First up: NBC and Fox: http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2010/0...1-upfront.html

ABC: http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2010/0...pfront_11.html

CBS: http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2010/0...pfront_12.html

The CW: http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2010/0...pfront_13.html

Please let us know your thoughts on our prediction and feel free to post your schedules!

Actual upfront is next week (May 17-20), so please join us the next two weeks as this is the busiest time of the year for TV people!
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 05-13-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
icecream
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Fanatic

This is what I think would benefit each network the most.

ABC
Air Mr. Sunshine Thursdays at 8 followed by Cougar Town, try to get some of the Friends audience. It would also have crossover appeal with Grey's Anatomy. Put Generation Y Sundays at 8, No Ordinary Family at 9 and Desperate Housewives at 10. Home Edition would move to Fridays and B&S would be midseason.

CBS
Move CSI off Thursday and air Hawaii Five-O Thursdays at 9 (it's original home) between Survivor and The Mentalist. Put Reagan's Law Tuesdays at 9 and move NCIS: LA to Wednesdays at 8. Keep The Good Wife where it is, it would be foolish to move it when it gets more viewers than NBC and ABC combined.

CW
Air Betwixt post Vampire Diaries. Dump the Top Model repeat and move Supernatural back with Smallville on Fridays.

FOX
Cancel Lie to Me, have Human Target and Fringe share a timeslot with no repeats. Order additional episodes of Cops and America's Most Wanted to air on a special night of Friday.

NBC
Air a totally new lineup Monday with Chase at 8, The Rockford Files at 9, and Undercovers at 10. Air Law & Order: Los Angeles Fridays at 10 after two hour Datelines, Trial By Jury did well there. Bill the original L&O as the final season and air it Sundays after football. If they do bring Heroes back double pump it on Saturdays where there's no ratings anyway. It can't stay on Mondays.
icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Our NBC and Fox Fall 2010 preview:

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2010/0...1-upfront.html

Please discuss!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
tvcrazed
Forum Regular

i just dont see NBC putting Apprentice on Mondays at 8 eps since DWTS is there and their drama pilots seem very strong. Wouldnt be surprised to see them go UC, CHASE, and CHUCK or even 3 new drama. They'll prob go action/adventure Monday since everyone is either comedies or female. CHASE could fill 24 niche.

I also see OUTSOURCED at 9:30 and 30 Rock to midseason but P&R in Fall. theose comedies are very strong with males 18-34 and theres major buzz on them which could increase with Summer reruns.

I could see Apprentice Mideason with celeb version in Summer, like what ABc does with Bachelor.
tvcrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
tvcrazed
Forum Regular

FOXs most buzzed about pilot appears to be Breakout Kings, I see that post HOUSE, but maybe youre right

I could see some reality Wed

Last edited by tvcrazed; 05-10-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
icecream
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Fanatic

NBC
Sunday
7:00 Football Night in America
8:15 Sunday Night Football

Monday
8:00 Chuck
9:00 The Rockford Files
10:00 Undercovers

Tuesday
8:00 The Biggest Loser
10:00 Kindreds

Wednesday
8:00 Parenthood
9:00 Chase
10:00 Law & Order: SVU

Thursday
8:00 Friends with Benefits
8:30 30 Rock
9:00 The Office
9:30 Outsourced
10:00 Love Bites

Friday
8:00 Minute to Win It
9:00 Dateline
10:00 Law & Order: LA

FOX
Sunday
7:00 Football Overrun/Repeats
8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 The Cleveland Show
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Monday
8:00 House
9:00 Breakout Kings

Tuesday
8:00 Glee
9:00 Keep Hope Alive
9:30 Traffic Light

Wednesday
8:00 Human Target
9:00 Midland

Thursday
8:00 Bones
9:00 Fringe

Friday
8:00 Jamie Foxx Sketch Comedy
9:00 Kitchen Nightmares

Saturday
8:00 Cops
8:30 Cops
9:00 America's Most Wanted

Last edited by icecream; 05-10-2010 at 02:38 PM.
icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

tvcrazed, good point about The Apprentice. I thought I heard fall though? But Sundays starting in March would be better with the celeb edition in summer. This is NBC though and they make bad decisions. Major buzz on Parks & Recreation? First I have heard. Community, maybe, but P&R? Buzz or not, it will do the same numbers.

castrule, Bob's Burgers for Fox is for mid-season contention.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #8
tvcrazed
Forum Regular

They did say Fall, u heard right. I'm just thinking that since their pilots seem to have turned out well, this is how they might go.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
benjamoon
Bewitched

for NBC:

My thoughts on the blog schedule:
-- I doubt we see "Apprentice" in the fall. They'll want to use the time especially with football to try to launch some new shows and "Apprentice" can be a midseason replacement for a failed show
-- I don't think we see "Parenthood" move yet. At first, it looked like it needed to move to survive but it has stabilized in recent weeks and I think NBC won't mess with one of its more stable nights
-- Instead of two new comedies on Thursday, I think we only see one and another night for new comedies (Monday maybe?)

I will also post my schedule prediction I put in the other the other thread with a few updated changes:

Mondays
8:00 THIS LITTLE PIGGY
8:30 PERFECT COUPLES
9:00 THE EVENT
10:00 THE ROCKFORD FILES
--- NBC needs a revamp on Mondays and I suggest an entirely new night much like ABC did with Wednesdays this past fall. The 8pm multi-cam comedies here don't fit with the single camera sitcoms on Thursdays so I would pair them together to try to launch a new hour of comedy. "The Event" will try to capture some of the "24" audience and "The Rockford Files" is one of NBC's high profile 10pm shows

Tuesdays
8:00 The Biggest Loser
10:00 Parenthood
--- This has stabilized, I say it stays although I really don't think TBL needs to be 2 hours

Wednesdays
8:00 Heroes/Chuck
9:00 UNDERCOVERS
10:00 Law & Order: SVU
--- NBC shouldn't bring back "Heroes" and "Chuck" but I think they bring each back for a 13 episode run or so. "Undercovers" will get a ton of promotion and either sink or swim quickly and "SVU" is a stable presence at 10pm

Thursdays
8:00 Community
8:30 30 Rock
9:00 The Office
9:30 OUTSOURCED
10:00 LOVE BITES
--- I really hope NBC does not continue to let "30 Rock" wallow at 9:30pm. That being said, I think "Outsourced" will bomb - its a tasteless idea. Then I say we see either "Community" or "Parks and Rec" at 9:30 with the other at 8

Fridays
8:00 Minute to Win It
9:00 Who Do You Think You Are?
10:00 Dateline NBC
--- I see Fridays remaining unscripted and "Minute to Win It" might be a good lead show while "Who Do You Think You Are" has been a decent success by NBC Friday standards

Saturdays
8:00 Encores
--- One step at a time, NBC

Sundays
7:00 Football Night in America
8:00 Sunday Night Football
--- Obviously

Midseason: The Apprentice, CHASE, Friday Night Lights (in the summer), Law & Order, KINDREDS, The Marriage Ref, NEXT, Parks and Recreation
--- "Apprentice" and "Marriage Ref" may go to Sundays, "Parks and Rec" to Thursdays at some point replacing the certain to fail "Outsourced." "Next" also to Thursdays as temporary replacement for "Community" or "30 Rock," "Kindreds" and "Chase" to some failed slot or Sundays, and "L&O" to a hole in the schedule or Fridays

My favorite TV shows: Bewitched, I Love Lucy, American Dreams, Mary Tyler Moore, The Office, Happy Days, The West Wing, Modern Family, Friday Night Lights, Friends, Mad Men, Parks and Recreation, and Parenthood
benjamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #10
benjamoon
Bewitched

for FOX -

My thoughts on the blog schedule:
-- I think its a huge toss up whether "Glee" goes at 9pm or 8pm on Tuesdays. 8pm would benefit 9pm comedies but also they might choose to keep it at 9pm since its doing so well there against lots of competition
-- I think we see "Lie to Me" one more time even with the showrunner leaving instead of the Jamie Foxx show, which could be midseason

I will also post my schedule prediction I put in the other the other thread with a few updated changes:

Mondays
8:00 House
9:00 MIDLAND
--- "Midland" is a huge risk but FOX would probably like to have a critical darling in their posession

Tuesdays
8:00 TRAFFIC LIGHT
8:30 WILDE KINGDOM
9:00 Glee
--- Word on the street is that FOX is wanting to launch comedies on Tuesday (which could use some) and "Glee" is the perfect show to pair with comedies. If they can get some solid live action comedies, they'll be fine as opposed to garbage like "Brothers" and "'Til Death." The biggest question is in what order FOX chooses, Glee then comedies or comedies then Glee. 8pm comedies might have a tough go of it

Wednesdays
8:00 Human Target
9:00 BREAKOUT KINGS
--- "Human Target" is on the fence and I say it comes back for another try. "Breakout Kings" sounds like it could be a hit and if it doesn't go after "House," it will almost surely go to Weds at 9

Thursdays
8:00 Bones
9:00 Fringe
--- "Fringe" is weakening but we probably will have Thursday in tact at least in the fall

Fridays
8:00 Lie to Me
9:00 Kitchen Nightmares
--- "Lie to Me" goes to Fridays to die. If it fails (which it probably will), we'll likely see Jamie Foxx's show, encores, or reality shows

Saturdays
8:00 Cops
8:30 Cops
9:00 America's Most Wanted
--- just a guess

Sundays
7:00 NFL Overrun/The OT/Encores
8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 The Cleveland Show
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad
--- No more messing around with new live action shows

Midseason: American Idol, JAMIE FOXX SKETCH COMEDY SHOW, KEEP HOPE ALIVE, RIDE ALONG, TERRA NOVA
--- "Terra Nova" is a sure bet and will probably at least start with an "American Idol" lead-in launch. Maybe after that it goes to Mondays if "Midland" fails? "Keep Hope Alive" could go to Tuesday comedies if one fails and "Glee" may take a break for the beginning of AI again. Not sure about "Ride Along" - Thursdays at 9 maybe? "Jamie Foxx" to Fridays at 8 or Sundays at 7
Old 05-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #11
R.jsheedy

MONDAY!!!

8:00 - House
9:00 - Fringe

TUESDAYS!!!

8:00 - KEEP HOPE ALIVE
8:30 - WILDE KINGDOME
9:00 - GLEE

WEDNESDAY

8:00 - Midland
9:00 - Lie To Me

THURSDAY

8:00 - Bones
9:00 - Breakout Nights

FRIDAY

8:00 - Jamie Foxx Sketch Comedy
9:00 - Kitchen Nightmares

SATURDAY

8:00 - Cops
8:30 - Cops
9:00 - AMW

Late Night

11:00 - Spoof
12:00 - The Wanda Skyes Show (CUT DOWN TO 30 MIN SHOW!)

SUNDAY!!!

7:00 - Football Overrun (O.T!)
8:00 - The Simpsons
8:30 - American Dad
9:00 - Family Guy
9:30 - The Clevland Show

CANCELLED: Human Target, Brothers, Til Death, Past Life, Sons Of Tucson, and 24.

RETURNING: House, Fringe, Lie To Me, Bones, Glee, The Simpsons, The Clevland Show, Family Guy And American Dad.

NEW SERIES: Spoff (LATE NIGHT), Breakout Nights, Midland, Jamie Foxx Sketch Comedy, Keep Hope Alive, and Wilde Kingdome!.

MID-SEASON PICK-UP'S! Most Likley To Suceede, Bob's Burgures, Ride-A-Long, And Securitty!

NBC!:

MONDAY

8:00 - Law And Order: LA
9:00 - Chuck
10:00 - Rockford Files

TUESDAY

8:00 - The Biggest Loser
10:00 - The Marriage Ref

WEDNESDAY

8:00 - [B]Nathan Vs. Nature[/B
]8:30 - Perfect Couples
9:00 - Law And Order
10:00 - Law And Order: SVU

THURSDAY

8:00 - Parks And Rec (COMUNITTY RETURNING MID-SEASON)
8:30 - Friends With Benefits
9:00 - The Office
9:30 - 30 Rock
10:00 - Parenthood

FRIDAY

8:00 - Minute to Win It
9:00 - Dateline, NBC

SATURDAY

Re-Runs

SUNDAY

Saturday Night Football

RETURNING SERIES: The Office, Parks And Rec, 30 Rock, Parenthood, The Marriage Ref, Dateline, Chuck, Law & Order, Law & Order SUV, and The Biggest Loser!

NEW SERIES: Law & Order:LA, Rockford Files, Nathan VS. Nature, Perfect Couple, and Friends With Benifits.

MID-SEASON! Outsourced, Undercovers, and Chase.

CANCELLED: EVERYTHING ELSE!!!
R.jsheedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #12
tvcrazed
Forum Regular

oh yeah meant to say this before. I dont see them messing with Tuesday at all. TBL into PARENTHOOD works amazingly.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #13
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

benjamoon, I don't think NBC will air comedies on Monday, even if it is only an hour. Tuesdays maybe, but I don't see them cutting Biggest Loser (even though it has been up and down this season).
Old 05-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!
Forum Veteran

NBC is a very hard schedule to predict this year, since they're basically building from scratch. But, I think The Apprentice will definitely be on the fall schedule, most like Mondays at 10pm. Think - ABC will probably have Castle again, and CBS will either have CSI:Miami or a new drama. NBC has seen with Law & Order what happens when they place a drama there, so they're most likely going to go a different route, and The Apprentice seems perfect for the timeslot.

Plus, this is the new blue-collar "pedestrian" version. I'm sure NBC will pump up the "everyman" aspect of it, which could very likely hit a chord with viewers (similar to how Undercover Boss has this season). I would not be surprised at all to see The Apprentice make a comeback.

Meanwhile, Thursdays at 10pm will probably be Love Bites (I'd be shocked if it wasn't). I wouldn't be surprised to see Outsourced at 9:30, maybe with Community and another new comedy in the 8pm hour. With all the new comedies NBC has, they have to be adding another hour. I've said for ages that they may choose to do a comedy hour Tuesdays at 8pm, moving Biggest Loser to 9-11pm. This Little Piggy and the new Paul Reiser project sound the most interested. 30 Rock and Parks & Rec will have to get held for midseason - Parks & Rec will likely share with Community or the new comedy, while 30 Rock could end up being placed in any empty timeslot throughout the season.

Parenthood Wednesdays at 8pm sounds reasonable, with SVU at 10pm of course. Fridays could see Dateline at 8pm, Heroes/Chuck at 9pm, and the new Law & Order (or the original) at 10pm. The rest of the sked (Mondays 8-10pm, Wednesdays 9pm) will have to be 3 new dramas.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #15
benjamoon
Bewitched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan
benjamoon, I don't think NBC will air comedies on Monday, even if it is only an hour. Tuesdays maybe, but I don't see them cutting Biggest Loser (even though it has been up and down this season).
Do you see sitcoms on any other night besides Thursday? I understand what you're saying (on the blog) about needing a returning sitcom to launch new ones and not having any outside of "The Office" that could stand alone, but I'm not sure that's true if the new ones are a completely different type (multi-camera, family, etc)