Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 29, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: MacGruber Series Premiere Date Set; Saved by the Bell Pays Tribute to Dustin Diamond
2021 Antenna TV Christmas and New Year's Schedule
2021 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend Include The Jeffersons on Starz Encore Black
First Look at Peacock's Bel-Air; Dollface Returns Feb. 11 on Hulu
Paramount+ Celebrates the Holidays with Sitcom Classics; HBO Max Gets in Holiday Spirit as Well with Christmas Comedy Series
Apple TV+ Announces The Afterparty Premiere Date; SNL Closes Out 2021 with 2 New December Episodes

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August-November)

Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Deluxe Edition (100 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Standard Edition (50 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/24 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season 2
09/07 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
DolfanBlitz
Occasional Poster

Default Grocery Robbers of Oregon & Washington State (1987-1992)

Does anybody know if the robbers who amassed over $1.5 million by robbing grocery stores in Oregon and Washington in the late 80s/early 90s were caught, or struck again after the airing on Unsolved Mysteries?
DolfanBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
justins5256
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolfanBlitz
Does anybody know if the robbers who amassed over $1.5 million by robbing grocery stores in Oregon and Washington in the late 80s/early 90s were caught, or struck again after the airing on Unsolved Mysteries?
I don't know, but I'd be damn curious to find out. I think this was one of those segments that never made it to Lifetime for some reason.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

I'm assuming there's still no new information here. I can't believe they hit ALL those stores in such a short period of time without being caught--I mean, that was easily over 30 stores over a relatively small area. The descriptions of the two were very detailed. It's just crazy.

Slightly OT, but does anyone know if those so-called pizza bandits were ever caught as well?

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #4
nohwheregirl
THE Mystery Machine

I'm curious about updates on this one as well. This segment totally scares the crap out of me every time I watch it.
nohwheregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohwheregirl
I'm curious about updates on this one as well. This segment totally scares the crap out of me every time I watch it.
For sure. My first semester of college I worked as a grocery store cashier and was often assigned the last shift since most of the other cashiers were underage and couldn't sell alcohol or tobacco (definitely some of the most-purchased items on that shift). I remember thinking how desolate and rather unsecure the store seemed at 10:30 at night.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I'm assuming there's still no new information here. I can't believe they hit ALL those stores in such a short period of time without being caught--I mean, that was easily over 30 stores over a relatively small area. The descriptions of the two were very detailed. It's just crazy.

Slightly OT, but does anyone know if those so-called pizza bandits were ever caught as well?
I'm pretty sure they were. It was the work of a local gang, I don't remember a lot of the details sorry, but i'm pretty sure they case is solved. I even saw it on one of the Farina episodes.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCalibur
I'm pretty sure they were. It was the work of a local gang, I don't remember a lot of the details sorry, but i'm pretty sure they case is solved. I even saw it on one of the Farina episodes.
Oh, I wasn't aware this segment made it to the Farina incarnation. I remember how the group operated in "rotating teams of two", and that there seemed to be something like six or seven of these guys. It seems a group of that size might be caught more quickly than just two people.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #8
kev411
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86

OT, I never kenw there was a pizza bandits case on the show.
kev411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:22 AM   #9
Schmoopie
Keep Calm and Love Snoopy
Forum Star

I'd be interested in this too! Funny how Washington State has so many stories like this; the Green River Killer, Mary Kay Letournau, etc.....

September 23, 1961-January 14, 2019

Schmoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #10
hawkeye123

I live in Oregon.So,i would deffinatley be interested in knowing if the case was ever solved.What happened exactly? i don't even remember hearing about it.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #11
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123
I live in Oregon.So,i would deffinatley be interested in knowing if the case was ever solved.What happened exactly? i don't even remember hearing about it.
Two men rob grocery stores by posing as customers and entering the stores at or around closing time. The first store they hit was in a small town in Oregon in 1987 and they subsequently hit more throughout Oregon and Washington in coming years. The robbers had a kind of good cop-bad cop style in which one would be aggressive and demanding and the other was sort of reassuring and compassionate (RS mentioned that the latter was known to take hamburger buns and put them under people's heads as they laid at gunpoint on the store floor). There were composites--very detailed composites--shown at the end.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123
The episode is on video sites if you want to watch it
Old 07-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
hawkeye123

Thanks to both of you.I will check it out.
hawkeye123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
Steve W.
Forum Regular

"and the other was sort of reassuring and compassionate (RS mentioned that the latter was known to take hamburger buns and put them under people's heads as they laid at gunpoint on the store floor)."

Lol, that's kinda weird (I haven't seen it, either). I can imagine this guy talking to the customers in a soft, sympathetic voice: "It's gonna be okay, everyone.....we're just going to take all of the cash we can find.....you're going to be okay....just relax. We'll be gone a in a minute and you can get back to doing what you were doing, okay?"
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #15
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

In the reenactment he doesn't say anything to them, just puts the hamburger buns under their heads while RS narrates about him being nice. It wouldn't have made me feel much better with the gun still there!
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote