Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 29, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: MacGruber Series Premiere Date Set; Saved by the Bell Pays Tribute to Dustin Diamond
2021 Antenna TV Christmas and New Year's Schedule
2021 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend Include The Jeffersons on Starz Encore Black
First Look at Peacock's Bel-Air; Dollface Returns Feb. 11 on Hulu
Paramount+ Celebrates the Holidays with Sitcom Classics; HBO Max Gets in Holiday Spirit as Well with Christmas Comedy Series
Apple TV+ Announces The Afterparty Premiere Date; SNL Closes Out 2021 with 2 New December Episodes


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August-November)

Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Deluxe Edition (100 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Standard Edition (50 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/24 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season 2
09/07 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
ddelta
Member
Frequent Poster
 
ddelta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 07, 2003
Posts: 217
Default Su Ya Kim

Okay can we talk about this case for one moment. I was watching it on one of CrystalDawns set this weekend and I am absolutely perplexed by it all.

Just to recap, this was the woman who came from Korea and lived in NYC. Her husband and her had run two stores...one in Manhattan and one Brooklyn. She left her apartment one Saturday afternoon to go shopping and is not seen again. That night a security guard doing his rounds in Brooklyn, comes across a white male hanging around a dumpster. He is dressed in a running outfit with blood in it. After giving the security guard $20 to dump in the dumpster, he leaves. The security guard gets his partial license plate and make/model of car. Then he finds Su Ya Kim's naked body in the dumpster stabbed to death.

I was confused as to why Ms. Kim's car was located in her home garage not used that day. You have to assume she was probably abducted from her apartment condo.

I do believe the security guard and his story....don't know why, really I didn't get the vibe he was very smart and was being truthful He admitted that he took $20 from the guy.

Why did the partial license plate and car/model match up with a LI College woman's car who claimed she never used her car that night?

And finally why would this man be wearing a running outfit.

My gut feeling on this from the facts presented on UM (which are usually not a complete set of them) is that Mrs. Kim was having an affair with this man who was seen at the dumpster. Makes sense that he would be in everyday clothes, when something happens and he kills her. Mrs. Kim was also stabbed 9 times....that seems like overkill to me. Plus UM kept harping on the fact of how happy she was in her marriage and they had just celebrated 10 years together...I was wondering if that was the husband take on it.

Anyone else feel like this might be the case??
ddelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
miche
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 11, 2007
Location: nj
Posts: 31
Default

yeah i rember this case i dont think the security guard story added up he probley knew a lil more then what he was telling..
miche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
ZanzibarBlue
ZanzibarBlue
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 95
Default A different take

IMO one of the saddest stories ever on UM. Not only was she the victim of an unsolved murder, she had 2 children; and the family ultimately ended up leaving America and returning to Korea.

At first, I also questioned the veracity of the security guard's story. However, I think ultimately he told the truth. First, he apparently passed a lie detector test and the police officially never considered him a suspect. Second, if he was somehow involved, why "discover" her body in the dumpster in the first place? He would have been better off simply burying the body in the dumpster and chances are it would not have been discovered until it was dumped at the processing plant / landfill, if at all. Finally, why appear in the UM segment if you've got something to hide? It's not like he's a suspect and would want to clear his name.

Given the multiple stab wounds and the body was nude, but apparently no evidence of rape was found, it suggests a crime of passion by someone who knew her. I don't believe they ever mentioned where the husband was that afternoon, however, he was out when she left. She didn't take her car to go shopping, which suggests that she may have planned to be picked up by someone.

The strangest aspect of this case is that the suspect's car was identified by its license plate #; and that it belonged to a Taiwanese exchange student who did not live in the area and hadn't used the car that night. I know that the victim and car owner's nationalities were different, however, it is quite a coincidence that they were both foreign-born Asian females. It's not like they both lived close to one another in an Asian community. The exchange student went to a college that was not nearby (relatively speaking). Perhaps she or someone she knew was involved with the victim or her husband. Even though the guy who the guard saw dump the body was white, if I recall he appeared young enough and was wearing running gear, which suggests that he might have been a student at the college.

Very strange that the suspect's car was positively ID'd and found and the owner has no idea how it could've been used in the crime. Also, since blood was dripping from the body, was her blood ever found in the car itself?

Finally, the husband leaving America and returning to Korea, while understandable given the circumstances, also bothered me. He had established a successful business and had 2 sons. It's possible that he might have wanted to avoid further police scrutiny.
ZanzibarBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
everybodylovesrs
Member
Frequent Poster
 
everybodylovesrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 12, 2008
Posts: 488
Default

Yeah, it seems like the spouse is the automatic suspect so Iwonder why they didn't mention anything about him.

I tried finding a newspaper article on this case, but could not locate one.
everybodylovesrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:50 AM   #5
Phanekim
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2009
Posts: 106
Default

i'm not sure its the husband.

i mean who's the white guy that was seen in the dumpster with blood. he is your guy. the guard seemed smart enough to id the plate on the car. I have been a witness to a crime and saw the license plate. I remember model and make. I dont see why this blue nissan is not the car. perhaps it wasn't a new york license plate? i mean the guy is a security guard...even a partial recognition is good enough for LE to find the car. the security guard is baffled too. if my reporting of the plate was told to me to be wrong...i would be baffled too. i saw what i saw. the guard saw what he saw.

this case distrurbs me. however, you would think the police would have investigated the husband...looked for blood around the house? whats his association with the white guy seen at the crime.

my gut is this....my gut tells me she was having an affair. she wasn't leaving her husband so the guy killed her. its funny how stack mentions them having one store in long island...the same place where the foreign exchange student's blue nissan was found.

this might explain why the husband left. there's no reason for him to be in america. she probably cheated on him with a white male. america is probably a huge source of anguish for him.

thats what my gut tells me.
Phanekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:17 AM   #6
LiveByTheSea
Member
Occasional Poster
 
LiveByTheSea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 25, 2008
Location: Iowa, USA
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanekim
i'm not sure its the husband.

i mean who's the white guy that was seen in the dumpster with blood. he is your guy. the guard seemed smart enough to id the plate on the car. I have been a witness to a crime and saw the license plate. I remember model and make. I dont see why this blue nissan is not the car. perhaps it wasn't a new york license plate? i mean the guy is a security guard...even a partial recognition is good enough for LE to find the car. the security guard is baffled too. if my reporting of the plate was told to me to be wrong...i would be baffled too. i saw what i saw. the guard saw what he saw.

this case distrurbs me. however, you would think the police would have investigated the husband...looked for blood around the house? whats his association with the white guy seen at the crime.

my gut is this....my gut tells me she was having an affair. she wasn't leaving her husband so the guy killed her. its funny how stack mentions them having one store in long island...the same place where the foreign exchange student's blue nissan was found.

this might explain why the husband left. there's no reason for him to be in america. she probably cheated on him with a white male. america is probably a huge source of anguish for him.

thats what my gut tells me.
That's what I was just thinking. maybe when su ya kim went out that night to go "shopping," she actually met up with her lover somewhere. That would explain why her husband and his brother discovered the car was still in the garage. I don't think she drove it at all that night because it was pointed out that the car's engine was cold. I have a feeling that su ya kim wanted to end the relationship with her lover so he became enraged and killed her. What I don't get is how the blue Nissan belonged to a Taiwanese exchange student so how did the guy get a hold of the car?

certainly a disturbing case.

Last edited by LiveByTheSea; 09-10-2009 at 01:41 AM.
LiveByTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:59 AM   #7
Phanekim
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2009
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveByTheSea
That's what I was just thinking. maybe when su ya kim went out that night to go "shopping," she actually met up with her lover somewhere. That would explain why her husband and his brother discovered the car was still in the garage. I don't think she drove it at all that night because it was pointed out that the car's engine was cold. I have a feeling that su ya kim wanted to end the relationship with her lover so he became enraged and killed her. What I don't get is how the blue Nissan belonged to a Taiwanese exchange student so how did the guy get a hold of the car?

certainly a disturbing case.
for those suspecting the husband, i believe his alibi was that he was at the store all day. there are several questions that an investigator should ask.

first off, she goes shopping, did she say where? women don't shop alone too often. even if they do, they should have gone shopping and were sighted. UM mentioned the police questioned her friends and got nada. next step would be to scour shopping places...malls near her house or her favorite malls to see if anyone recognized her. what did she like to buy etc etc. This is probably the direction the police initially took...if it was cold this has to be where she purposely took some discretion in her whereabouts.

this probably means an affair. we do know this crime was more likely a crime of passion. no robbery...but stabbing 9 times. thats overkill. there was no rape either. unless this was a hate/racial crime.

one thing that bothers me is they didn't get dna or prints from tthe body. the suspect handled the body. that body is laden with prints and dna especially if the guy has blood all over her. another point to support the affair theory is the fact the time of death is during the daytime. if she was robbed or anything she couldn't have been in a secluded area if she was shopping.

if affair theory holds, her friends might have a good chance of knowing or even suspecting. women have a knack for that. they might not know of an affair but they might suspect. "oh he was a friend...etc etc." Another point is that it might not have been even an affair. it might have been just an unrequited friendship that led towards his frustration.

i think that eventually things came out. i think the husband eventually started hearing through the grapevine that there might have been an affair going on. I think that caused him a lot of despair and he left. I also noticed they were constantly emphasizing how a great mother and everything she was. thing is, to solve the murder would reveal her infidelity. in korean culture, that might be a greater disgrace and carry more weight than actually resolving the murder and bringing the perpetrator to justice.

my last thoughts include that that car is dirty. that car is the freaking car. liek ive said before, i've ID'd a license plate to a crime (robbery) before. I wrote and memorized that thing like crazy. the guard was already suspicious, he was probably analyzing that license plate like crazy. even his interviews he was like...i dont get it. thats the car. i bet you the police tailed that car like crazy.

i also do not buy into the UM theory that it was a cab driver. how many white light haired taxi cab drivers do you see? the type that would be attracted to this woman would be probably white professional.

just my two cents.
Phanekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
Mastermind
Member
Senior Member
 
Mastermind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 16, 2008
Posts: 1,842
Default

My two cents on this case...

1. I believe the security guards story, because it is way too detailed for him to have made it up. Plus why would he sully himself by mentioning he took $20? If he made up the story, he would try to put himself in the best light possible.

2. I think an aspect that is overlooked in this case is the description of the suspect. He was wearing what appears to be jogging gear. Jogging gear? I highly doubt he attacked Su while he was jogging and then dragged her into his car that was parked nearby. It makes more sense that he wore these clothes because he didn't want his actual clothes bloodied. He wore something that he could dispose of right away and still be moderately decent. In short, I believe he killed her in a building somewhere and spent time disposing the body. This gives evidence that this may be a very thought out killing.

3. Most attackers tend to go after their own ethnic background or show a fetish for a certain type. I wonder if there have been similar attacks of Asian women in the area.

4. As mentioned by a previous poster, it is interesting that they found car that belongs to another Asian women. This makes me wonder if this might be a mistaken identity killing. That the killer murdered the wrong woman.

5. As bad as i feel for Mr. Kim, I would not rule out the possibility that he hired someone to off his wife. Or that some other person hired a proxy.

6. I doubt the suspect was a cab driver. i think he fits more the description of a livery driver or a limo driver.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
Phanekim
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2009
Posts: 106
Default

Usually i agree with you to the tee. But I'm going to disagree with some of your thoughts here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
My two cents on this case...

1. I believe the security guards story, because it is way too detailed for him to have made it up. Plus why would he sully himself by mentioning he took $20? If he made up the story, he would try to put himself in the best light possible.
Yeah. There seemed to be nothing that would seem the indicate the guard was lying.

Quote:
2. I think an aspect that is overlooked in this case is the description of the suspect. He was wearing what appears to be jogging gear. Jogging gear? I highly doubt he attacked Su while he was jogging and then dragged her into his car that was parked nearby. It makes more sense that he wore these clothes because he didn't want his actual clothes bloodied. He wore something that he could dispose of right away and still be moderately decent. In short, I believe he killed her in a building somewhere and spent time disposing the body. This gives evidence that this may be a very thought out killing.
I disagree that this was a thought out killing. If you are to kill someone...in a "hit" sort of way. Why stab them 9 times then dump their body in the middle of the city? I know the dump site was a little off but there are plenty of other places to dump the body outside the city. Also why dump the body with blood all of you. i'm sure that body is laden with evidence.


Quote:
3. Most attackers tend to go after their own ethnic background or show a fetish for a certain type. I wonder if there have been similar attacks of Asian women in the area.

4. As mentioned by a previous poster, it is interesting that they found car that belongs to another Asian women. This makes me wonder if this might be a mistaken identity killing. That the killer murdered the wrong woman.
i somewhat agree here. I think this guy is more of a professional though. i think he's white collar. i hate to stereotype/profile, but these white professional types like the asians.

I disagree that this is a mistaken hit. if it was and the intended target was the exchange student why was he in the exchange students car? why was suya kim even connected?

Quote:

5. As bad as i feel for Mr. Kim, I would not rule out the possibility that he hired someone to off his wife. Or that some other person hired a proxy.
again, I don't agree. what possible motive could he have had. again, a hitman wouldn't have stabbed a woman 9 times. there are way better ways to kill a person. stabbing is too messy and would leave too much evidence.

Quote:
6. I doubt the suspect was a cab driver. i think he fits more the description of a livery driver or a limo driver.
i'm not sure why UM said he was a cab driver or such. how many white cab drivers are there? the guy doesn't seem very "ethnic" in any way.

Again, I have a feeling the police know who probably did it.
Phanekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #10
egswanso
Member
Frequent Poster
 
egswanso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddelta
Okay can we talk about this case for one moment. I was watching it on one of CrystalDawns set this weekend and I am absolutely perplexed by it all.

Just to recap, this was the woman who came from Korea and lived in NYC. Her husband and her had run two stores...one in Manhattan and one Brooklyn. She left her apartment one Saturday afternoon to go shopping and is not seen again. That night a security guard doing his rounds in Brooklyn, comes across a white male hanging around a dumpster. He is dressed in a running outfit with blood in it. After giving the security guard $20 to dump in the dumpster, he leaves. The security guard gets his partial license plate and make/model of car. Then he finds Su Ya Kim's naked body in the dumpster stabbed to death.

I was confused as to why Ms. Kim's car was located in her home garage not used that day. You have to assume she was probably abducted from her apartment condo.

I do believe the security guard and his story....don't know why, really I didn't get the vibe he was very smart and was being truthful He admitted that he took $20 from the guy.

Why did the partial license plate and car/model match up with a LI College woman's car who claimed she never used her car that night?

And finally why would this man be wearing a running outfit.

My gut feeling on this from the facts presented on UM (which are usually not a complete set of them) is that Mrs. Kim was having an affair with this man who was seen at the dumpster. Makes sense that he would be in everyday clothes, when something happens and he kills her. Mrs. Kim was also stabbed 9 times....that seems like overkill to me. Plus UM kept harping on the fact of how happy she was in her marriage and they had just celebrated 10 years together...I was wondering if that was the husband take on it.

Anyone else feel like this might be the case??
I just reviewed this one on UM. I suppose the affair, etc. theories are possible, I certainly wouldn't jump to that conclusion without some actual evidence. Nor, frankly, do I suspect either the security guard or the husband.

This strikes me as a sexual sadist serial killer - the overkill (nine wounds) along with the intimacy of stabbing. A famous analogy would be Zodiac's attack at Lake Berryesa. In this scenario, Ms. Kim could have been accosted and abducted whilst shopping and was likely a victim of chance, not specifically targeted.

A serial killer theory would also explain the dump site - the killer could have scoped out a good site - a dumpster hidden from street view next to an abandoned building in a bad neighborhood is a pretty good one; and his discovery was a fortutious accident.

The license plate issue is an interesting one, and a couple of possabilities come to mind: (1) the guard got the number wrong - certainly possible and I suppose the simplest explanation; that the cars were both blue nissans was just coincedence then; (2) it was an out-of-state plate - I consider this not very probable, since NY plates are fairly distictive and anyone familar with them (as I'd presume a NY resident to be) and able to observe the plate long enough to get a partial number would have instantly recognized a non-NY plate, even if they couldn't id the state/province; (3) one possability not mentioned in the segment was that the killer could have "borrowed" the plate from the student's car, replacing it after the murder - on the one hand, this would explain the discrepancy perfectly (even the matching cars), but on the other, it seems risky - how would the killer know the plates would not be missed? How would he know he would not be observed removing and replacing them? It seems more troublesome than just stealing a car to use for the murder, then dumping it.

I wonder if any other murders in the NYC area fit the general pattern?

On a wholly unrelated note, was the actor playing the mystery man in this segment the same one playing "Tom Johnson" in the infamous segment re: that crime.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
Mastermind
Member
Senior Member
 
Mastermind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 16, 2008
Posts: 1,842
Default

Quote:
This strikes me as a sexual sadist serial killer - the overkill (nine wounds) along with the intimacy of stabbing. A famous analogy would be Zodiac's attack at Lake Berryesa. In this scenario, Ms. Kim could have been accosted and abducted whilst shopping and was likely a victim of chance, not specifically targeted.
Not necessarily. He may have used the knife because it was the only weapon available to him at the time.

One theory that hasn't been looked at is the possibility this could be a hate crime against Asian people.

Again, the fact that he was wearing a jogging type outfit still strikes me as interesting. He had to have taken her somewhere before he attacked her and had her alive for a period of time.The jogging outfit tells me that he was busy disposing of her body and wiping blood off somewhere.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #12
nohwheregirl
THE Mystery Machine
Senior Member
 
nohwheregirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 23, 2004
Posts: 1,043
Default

I think that the license plate mix up is frustrating but ultimately a non-issue (other than the fact that it didn't lead to the killer). The DMV is definitely not infallible, or maybe the guard got the license plate number wrong, as mentioned above.

I once got a call from a Dallas Police Detective saying that a car registered in my name had been involved in a hit and run accident. I have a quite unusual name, and I hadn't lived in Dallas or had a car registered in Texas in 5 years. It turns out that they had attached my social security number to this person's vehicle registration and it was just a clerical mix up. Point: it's possible that a clerical error or something like that could have led to a license plate mix up or duplication. But ultimately, I don't think this is where the answers lie to who killed Su Ya Kim.
nohwheregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #13
youngUMfan
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 12, 2009
Posts: 81
Default

Hmm... this is such a strange case.

My gut instincts tell me that she had an affair. because her car engine was cold.

However, her store was in Bushwick Brooklyn , an unsafe area.

Six Years ago, my mother herself ran one of those "stores" selling toys and imported knifes from China in a not-so-safe location of houston. I guess the hardships of coming to the United States forced them to open the stores in those areas to survive.

I think the episode was strange as to that none of their store customers or people living near that store were interviewed for the segment. Have the police looked into connections with people who lived near the store?
youngUMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #14
Necco
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2006
Posts: 1,121
Default

In addition to the "borrowed" plate theory, it is possible the person in question had access to vehicle records and had a set of plates forged with a legitimate plate number matching a similar vehicle. People who work in town tax offices, the DMV, insurance companies and others have access to such records.

As for her husband going back to Korea, there could be several reasons for this, none of which are suspicious to me.
a) America was THEIR dream and he couldn't bear to live it without her.
b) He needed help raising the kids and all of his extended family was back in Korea.
c) Maybe he went back home to start over and find a new wife.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #15
Mastermind
Member
Senior Member
 
Mastermind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 16, 2008
Posts: 1,842
Default

Quote:
In addition to the "borrowed" plate theory, it is possible the person in question had access to vehicle records and had a set of plates forged with a legitimate plate number matching a similar vehicle. People who work in town tax offices, the DMV, insurance companies and others have access to such records.
As do law enforcement officers.

Quote:
As for her husband going back to Korea, there could be several reasons for this, none of which are suspicious to me.
a) America was THEIR dream and he couldn't bear to live it without her.
b) He needed help raising the kids and all of his extended family was back in Korea.
c) Maybe he went back home to start over and find a new wife.
I don't know. It's not like he came from Japan and went back to Japan. How many people would go back to south Korea? There was a very good reason they left south korea. Sadness aside, I can't imagine it's the wisest thing financially to do? he still has a business that I assume was still profiable. It would be way cheaper to bring the family here than for him to go there. Not to mention the kids would have to be taken out of American culture to a whole new culture and school systems.

South Korea is a very hard country for law enforcement to find someone. i don't even know if they have an FBI office.(i would assume so due to the DMZ and CIAs prescence.)
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.