Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Classic Sitcom Reunions on NBC's Today, Week of Feb. 25, 2008

During the Week of February 23, NBC's Today will have a "Together Again" segment during the 8 a.m. portion of the show. The casts of Happy Days, One Day at a Time, Growing Pains, Newhart, Knots Landing and Murphy Brown will reunite. More details will come on our news blog soon, so check back. We hope to have a list of all the participants for you.

Here is NBC's Today "Together Again" Schedule:

On Saturday, February 23, 'Weekend Today's' Amy Robach will interview the cast of "Growing Pains." Kirk Cameron, Joanna Kerns, Alan Thicke, Jeremy Miller, and Tracey Gold will talk about their experience as the Seaver family in the classic 1980's sitcom.

On Sunday, February 24, Peter Alexander interviews the cast of "Newhart." Bob Newhart, Julia Duffy, Peter Scolari, William Sanderson, Tony Papenfuss, and John Voldstad are reunited for the first time on television as a full cast.

"Happy Days" are here again on Monday, February 25 when Henry Winkler, Ron Howard, Marion Ross, Tom Bosley, Erin Moran, Don Most, and Anson Williams are reunited live in the studio.

On Tuesday, February 26, the cast of the classic sitcom "One Day at a Time" with Bonnie Franklin, Valerie Bertinelli, Mackenzie Phillips, and Pat Harrington together again live in the studio.

Candice Bergen, Faith Ford, Charles Kimbrough, and Joe Regalbuto will be live in studio 1A on Wednesday, February 27 to talk about their time on "Murphy Brown."

On Thursday, February 28, Michele Lee, Joan Van Ark, and Donna Mills stop by to talk about one of the longest-running primetime dramas in network history, "Knots Landing."

Friday's reunion will be announced.

Also, on Tuesday:
(9-10 a.m.): Valerie Bertinelli (One Day at a Time) returns later in the show to discuss the book "Losing It: And Gaining My Life Back One Pound at a Time." Gary Coleman is interviewed.

Stay tuned to the news blog for further information.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 02-21-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:48 PM   #2
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

I wonder if Jeff Conaway will be there. Cuz he looks pretty rough on Celeb Rehab.
dawsongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:03 AM   #3
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

maybe this will boost sales of Taxi, ODAAT and Murphy on DVD
Dean Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

UPDATE:

"TODAY" PRESENTS 'TOGETHER AGAIN'

America's Favorite Morning Show Reunites Viewer's All-Time Favorite
Television Casts

Casts Of "Happy Days," "One Day at a Time," "Murphy Brown," And "Knots Landing" Are Reunited Live

"Growing Pains" And "Newhart" Casts On "Weekend Today"

NEW YORK - February 21, 2008 - NBC's "Today" will bring America's favorite classic television show casts together again starting Saturday, February 23 and continuing through Friday, February 29. "Together Again" reunions will air each day during the 8:00 a.m. hour of "Today."

On Saturday, February 23, 'Weekend Today's' Amy Robach will interview the cast of "Growing Pains." Kirk Cameron, Joanna Kerns, Alan Thicke, Jeremy Miller, and Tracey Gold will talk about their experience as the Seaver family in the classic 1980's sitcom.

On Sunday, February 24, Peter Alexander interviews the cast of "Newhart." Bob Newhart, Julia Duffy, Peter Scolari, William Sanderson,
Tony Papenfuss, and John Voldstad are reunited for the first time on television as a full cast.

"Happy Days" are here again on Monday, February 25 when Henry Winkler, Ron Howard, Marion Ross, Tom Bosley, Erin Moran, Don Most, and Anson Williams are reunited live in the studio.

On Tuesday, February 26, the cast of the classic sitcom "One Day at a Time" with Bonnie Franklin, Valerie Bertinelli, Mackenzie Phillips, and Pat Harrington together again live in the studio.

Candice Bergen, Faith Ford, Charles Kimbrough, and Joe Regalbuto will be live in studio 1A on Wednesday, February 27 to talk about their time on "Murphy Brown."

On Thursday, February 28, Michele Lee, Joan Van Ark, and Donna Mills stop by to talk about one of the longest-running primetime dramas in network history, "Knots Landing."

Friday's reunion will be announced.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
Cliff Barnes
Frequent Poster

Very cool. But some of these have been done before, multiple times on other programs. Where's the Kids Incorporated Reunion?
Cliff Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

I agree. Growing Pains, Happy Days and One Day at a Time has been done a lot. How about Three's Company, Diff'rent Strokes, and Perfect Strangers instead? Or even Family Matters. Newhart, Murphy Brown and Knots Landing are first timers I think.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #7
thebloodyscot
Being ridiculous
Frequent Poster

Yeah I saw the Growing Pains reunion on Larry King and on the dvd, and the Murphy Brown feature on the dvd (although they weren't all together). It'll be interesting to see the Murphy Brown cast all together as well as the casts of Newhart and possibly Taxi. It'll also be interesting to see the Gary Coleman interview. I saw the Family Ties one online, that was cool. Too bad I missed the Cosby Show kids one but I never watch Oprah

Last edited by thebloodyscot; 02-21-2008 at 06:51 PM.
thebloodyscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:07 AM   #8
ajm1972
Forum Regular

Didn't they do a TAXI reunion a few years ago, a one hour special and Knots Landing, they had a 4 hour mini-series several years ago.

Since NBC is doing so many of these its too bad they didnt promote their own show LAS VEGAS when earlier this season Selleck, Manetti and Mosely all appeared on camera for the first time in 20 years as sort of a Magnum PI reunion.

Aj
ajm1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

I missed the last happy days reunion in 1991 I think. I think there was another one in in this decade
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #10
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Yes, the 2003 marathon on ABC. It aired during sweeps in primetime and it got huge ratings.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #11
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

I"m really looking forward to the Murphy Brown reunion. I don't think they've been reunited since the show went off the air . . . I'm not sure if they were altogether on the DVD, or if they were interviewed at different times.

Let's hope it'll boost sales for those shows. You'd think they could hold up a copy of Murphy Brown season 1 or One Day at a Time season 1.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:07 PM   #12
gotsmart
The Office, Thursdays on NBC
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
Let's hope it'll boost sales for those shows. You'd think they could hold up a copy of Murphy Brown season 1 or One Day at a Time season 1.
I hope so, besides Happy Days and Newhart all the other shows are in danger of not being continued on DVD. I really hope that Friday is the Taxi cast.
gotsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #13
Better Days
Frequent Poster

It wasn't on in Seattle. Here's NBC's schedule:

Sat 8-9am - weekend morning news
Sat 9am - weekend morning news
Sun 8-9am - weekend morning news
Sun 9am - weekend morning news
Mon 7-11 - Today: Cast of Happy Days

Is it just the stupid state I live in?

Besides, the big 2 parties aren't working for us.

PicKet FenceS on DVD!
CLueLeSS
"It's like old times" - Luke Spencer to Robert Scorpio! (General Hospital) Feb 21, 06
Better Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:46 PM   #14
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

nope it is here 2 in pa new castle we had early show but no today show
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #15
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Hmm Seattle must not air it? Weekend Today airs 7-9am on Saturdays and 8-9am on Sundays.