Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 22, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Tina Fey Sitcom Starring Ted Danson in the Works; A.P. Bio Gets a Reprieve
Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-17-2008, 03:08 AM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default BET Acquires Diff'rent Strokes and Malcolm & Eddie...and More!

BET will launch two sitcoms in February.

Blog Story: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...lcolm-and.html

Diff'rent Strokes
Weekdays 9-10am
Diff'rent Strokes launches on BET Tuesday, February 19 airing weekdays 9-10am.
What you talking about... Diff'rent Strokes joins BET! Don't miss this loveable sitcom, weekday mornings. Starring Gary Coleman.

Malcolm & Eddie
Weekdays 10-11am, 4-5pm, and 11pm-12am
"Malcolm & Eddie" joins BET! Don't miss the hilarious adventures of Malcolm McGee and his room mate Eddie Sherman. Starring Malcolm-Jamal Warner and Eddie Griffin.

You can still catch Jamie Foxx at midnight-1am and The Wayans Bros. from 3-4am weeknights. Girlfriends, The Parkers can still be seen in marathon blocks. In Living Color will air on weekends in a weekend block with two other new additions, Sanford and Thea starting March 1.

The Parkers will get a President's Day marathon from 10am-7pm
BET promises to keep you laughing 9 hours straight with "The Parkers" BET marathon. Tune in for laughs from funny lady, Mo'Nique.

Girlfriends 12-hour marathon on Saturday, February 23 from 9am-9pm.

See full details on the blog: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...lcolm-and.html
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 02-18-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:15 AM   #2
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

a decent sitcom from the 1980's in syndication? too good to be true, I bet we won't even get to the non-DVD episodes, but I'm hoping.
Dean Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:35 AM   #3
friendsfan77
-

It's good the show will be getting national exposure again. I wonder if this will help Sony get off its behind and release more seasons on DVD
friendsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:21 AM   #4
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

finally on a channell i get i cant wait and this month hope it soon
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:44 AM   #5
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Talking

This is Awsome News
Old 02-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
JT

Gosh, I love BET now.

It's been many, many years since DS aired regularly on a national channel. I believe the last time was on N@N in the 2000-2001 era. Or maybe it spent some time on TVLand since then?
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #7
DSfan

Actually, I'm pretty sure the last time it was on national TV was in 2001-2002 on TNN, now Spike TV.

I am lucky enough to already have it on Peachtree and I've been recording them all incase the DVDs never get released.

Now, with it also on BET, I guess it's just the more the merrier

I was actually about to get BET off my digital tv because I have a package where you pick certain channels and I was thinking to replace BET since I watch it for a music video about 3 times a year lol.

Definetly keeping the channel now!
DSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
BET will launch two sitcoms in February.

Diff'rent Strokes
Weekdays 9-10am and 3-4pm
Diff'rent Strokes launches on BET Tuesday, February 19 airing weekdays 9-10am and 3-4pm.
What you talking about... Diff'rent Strokes joins BET! Don't miss this loveable sitcom, weekday mornings. Starring Gary Coleman.

Malcolm & Eddie
Weekdays 10-11am, 4-5pm, and 11pm-12am
"Malcolm & Eddie" joins BET! Don't miss the hilarious adventures of Malcolm McGee and his room mate Eddie Sherman. Starring Malcolm-Jamal Warner and Eddie Griffin.

You can still catch Jamie Foxx at midnight-1am and The Wayans Bros. from 3-4am weeknights. Girlfriends, The Parkers can still be seen in marathon blocks.

The Parkers will get a President's Day marathon from 10am-7pm
BET promises to keep you laughing 9 hours straight with "The Parkers" BET marathon. Tune in for laughs from funny lady, Mo'Nique.

Full details and write-up will come Monday on the blog.

Great News about Different Strokes, great Addition by BET instead of the UPN/CW Leftovers. Can't wait to set the recorder
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #9
JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSfan
Actually, I'm pretty sure the last time it was on national TV was in 2001-2002 on TNN, now Spike TV.

I am lucky enough to already have it on Peachtree and I've been recording them all incase the DVDs never get released.

Now, with it also on BET, I guess it's just the more the merrier

I was actually about to get BET off my digital tv because I have a package where you pick certain channels and I was thinking to replace BET since I watch it for a music video about 3 times a year lol.

Definetly keeping the channel now!
Ooooh yeah, I forgot all about it being on TNN. Actually, for a second, I forgot TNN even showed old TV shows after it stopped being The Nashville Network. If I remember right...there was DS, and "Three's Company," and "Newhart," and "WKRP in Cincinnati," and "The Wonder Years," and I even think I remember "Taxi" too.
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #10
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Great news as far as I am concerned. Let's just hope they don't edit them to shreds.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #11
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

sad that BET is more ION than ION is now

ION won't dare touch Diff'rent Strokes, they want Seinfeld and Raymond
Dean Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
Great news as far as I am concerned. Let's just hope they don't edit them to shreds.

Now I don't know what BET editing style is like since this will be my first time watching a sitcom on the network since 1994
Old 02-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #13
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester
sad that BET is more ION than ION is now

ION won't dare touch Diff'rent Strokes, they want Seinfeld and Raymond

Or JAMIE FOXX

lol
Old 02-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #14
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

BET didn't do that good of a job with 227 and Amen...they would like end the closing theme before it ended. But at least they aired the shows.

Here is more to wet all of your appetites...Diff'rent Strokes and Malcolm & Eddie are being added to weekdays, but there will be some more sitcoms coming in March during the weekends. I won't reveal what they are today, you'll have to wait until tomorrow on the blog, but Solomon will be happy tomorrow!

As for ION, you never know, they could air Diff'rent Strokes...it is possible. Raymond and Seinfeld are not what they are after, those would be impossible for them to get. Besides the MASH deal, their shows are shows that really haven't aired much lately (Drew Carey, Baywatch).
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #15
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
BET didn't do that good of a job with 227 and Amen...they would like end the closing theme before it ended. But at least they aired the shows.

Here is more to wet all of your appetites...Diff'rent Strokes and Malcolm & Eddie are being added to weekdays, but there will be some more sitcoms coming in March during the weekends. I won't reveal what they are today, you'll have to wait until tomorrow on the blog, but Solomon will be happy tomorrow!

As for ION, you never know if will air Diff'rent Strokes...it is possible. Raymond and Seinfeld are not what they are after, those would be impossible for them to get. Besides the MASH deal, their shows are shows that really haven't aired much lately (Drew Carey, Baywatch).

OMG!! Pav I think it's one of the shows below!!!!!

Grady
Sanford Arms
Jeffersons
Me and the Boys
Charlie and Co
Here and Now
Out All Night