Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-26-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
TJ
Site Owner
Administrator
Forum Veteran

Default Solomon's Weekly Rant (1/26/08) Discussion: Sick of Seacrest; Flavor Flav; Sony DVDs

Please read:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...elevision.html

...then discuss.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
clarkkent
Occasional Poster

Default all mentioned

Right on Soloman!!! I can't stand American Idol or Ryan Seacrest and I don't wish to see him everytime I turn on the tv. I even saw him in a mouthwash advertisement with my sunday coupons. Enough already!!!

I really do hope that season 2 of 227 will be released some time this year. That show is hilarious and I can't understand why more people don't buy it. It is relatively inexpensive (cheaper than the other crap they release) and it deserves a second season release more than stupid Barney Miller does.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!
Forum Veteran

Good rant Solomon! I hate Seacrest just as much as you do. The guy seems to be everyone, but I don't know how. I guess we can blame FOX for this one . . . they probably no he'd work for anything.

And I'm with you on Sony. 4 years seems to be there thing. It was 4 years for Barney Miller, and 4 years for Mad About You. Looks like 2008 is the year for Who's the Boss? and 227-LOL. But, I'm not a fan of BM, so it makes me angry to see BM get another release, while much better shows like WTB and 227 don't.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
joefriday
Just The Facts Ma'am
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to joefriday

I agree. I want to complete my All In The Family collection on DVD!

Check out my myspace page at:
www.myspace.com/joefriday_wqmx
joefriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefriday
I agree. I want to complete my All In The Family collection on DVD!
Looks like we'll have to wait until 2010 to do that.
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
Dean Winchester
Forum Fanatic

I don't like Barney Miller any more than you do, but still.... I thought you'd be happy they revisited Barney Miller after four years! That gives other "abandoned" shows hope. I know you don't like the show, and I don't care for it either, but it's fans deserved more than a half-season that apparently was different than the rest of the show. There are Sony shows I like and ones I dislike, but seeing a show that looked dead on arrival getting another season gives me hope for other shows like 227 and Diff'rent Strokes. Think objectively, even if it's a show you hate, it's still great to see it getting revived after so many years, it makes other shows more likely to come back. Plus, remember Barney Miller is nowhere to be seen in syndication right now, let the fans have another season
Dean Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester
I don't like Barney Miller any more than you do, but still.... I thought you'd be happy they revisited Barney Miller after four years! That gives other "abandoned" shows hope. I know you don't like the show, and I don't care for it either, but it's fans deserved more than a half-season that apparently was different than the rest of the show. There are Sony shows I like and ones I dislike, but seeing a show that looked dead on arrival getting another season gives me hope for other shows like 227 and Diff'rent Strokes. Think objectively, even if it's a show you hate, it's still great to see it getting revived after so many years, it makes other shows more likely to come back. Plus, remember Barney Miller is nowhere to be seen in syndication right now, let the fans have another season

I'm not saying BM season 2 shouldn't be released, just that it should be released with all he other one season dvd release shows like 227, Maude and WTB,
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent
Right on Soloman!!! I can't stand American Idol or Ryan Seacrest and I don't wish to see him everytime I turn on the tv. I even saw him in a mouthwash advertisement with my sunday coupons. Enough already!!!

I really do hope that season 2 of 227 will be released some time this year. That show is hilarious and I can't understand why more people don't buy it. It is relatively inexpensive (cheaper than the other crap they release) and it deserves a second season release more than stupid Barney Miller does.

His face is on COUPONS TOO???
Old 01-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #9
tanquant
Forum Regular

I am so tired of looking at Ryan Seacrest I can't stand it anymore. Who was he before American Idol?

I would love to have the rest of the seasons of Different Strokes.
tanquant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #10
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Junkie

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

I hear that Solomon. I am so sick of Ryan Seacrest's name and face. He has a radio show in Los Angeles. He took over one of the morning radio shows. Knowing that fool has his mug everywhere is just annoying. Ryan this and Ryan that...gimme a break here. His mug pops up EVERYWHERE. Has he done the Victoria Secrets lingerie show yet? Will he get his own game show?

I wish American Idol would go away...FAST!
Old 01-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #11
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Addict

Hey, hey, hey...you guys are dissing my show (Barney Miller)!! I do agree, though, that it would be nice to see Season 2 of 227...I recently viewed the first season and really enjoyed it. Now, let's get Season 4 of Facts of Life released, too!!

I too am sick of Ryan Seacrest - he's everywhere, and won't go away!!! Help!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #12
Mr. Television
17 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Addict

another reason for me not to watch the SB pre-game show.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:18 PM   #13
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
I hear that Solomon. I am so sick of Ryan Seacrest's name and face. He has a radio show in Los Angeles. He took over one of the morning radio shows. Knowing that fool has his mug everywhere is just annoying. Ryan this and Ryan that...gimme a break here. His mug pops up EVERYWHERE. Has he done the Victoria Secrets lingerie show yet? Will he get his own game show?

I wish American Idol would go away...FAST!

He needs a woman, too many media responsibilities-lol
Old 01-27-2008, 01:16 AM   #14
PlayOn
ADHD: what I have not who I am

I don't really have a problem with Seacrest. I mean I wish he wasn't on AI talking to people as they go in (which I don't really get) but I watch to vote for the next Carrie Underwood (meaning big star), not to see him. Having his own show on radio show is over the top, tho.
Don't get me started on Sony. Aren't they the people that put FOL on DVD? If they are, I know alot of people on the FOL board who would be happy to throw a bomb at the studio. Alot of AITF fans as well, like myself. What also makes me mad is there lack of extras. We pay nearly 20 bucks for a show (sometimes more) and the only extras are promos and a little friggin' booklet that tells what the episodes are. Season 2 of AITF had one, anyway.
I never saw BM so I don't have a dog in that race.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:17 AM   #15
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Junkie

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

GIMME ALL OF BARNEY MILLER!!!!!
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote