Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD/Streaming News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
TJ
Owner
Administrator

Default 2008 Sitcoms on DVD Preview and Predictions

Read it here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...d-preview.html

What do you think we'll see on DVD in 2008?
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #2
Corolla

I'm hoping 8 Simple Rules [S2, S3], Reba [S5, S6] and Arthur [other than S10] will be released on DVD in 2008.
Corolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

I'm hoping for the following sitcoms:

More: 8 Simple Rules, Diff'rent Strokes, Facts of Life, Silver Spoons, Leave it to Beaver, What's Happening Now!!, Bewitched, Benson, One Day at a Time, Anything But Love, All in the Family, The Jeffersons, 227, Who's the Boss?, Growing Pains, George Lopez, Archie Bunker's Place, Night Court, Welcome Back Kotter

New: Hooperman, The Ropers, Three's a Crowd, Out of this World, Small Wonder, Mr. Belvedere, Family Matters, Step by Step, Alice, According to Jim, Hope & Faith, My Wife & Kids, The Wonder Years, Golden Palace, Webster
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 01-07-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
RocktheBeat81
Occasional Poster

Default This year...

I hope to see "Small Wonder" released on DVD... but chances are that will never happen.

The show garners a good fan base (plus they stripped all the episodes that were on youtube, so something is bound to give if it had so many viewers).
RocktheBeat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Here is what I'm hoping for the most:
The Wonder Years, Family Matters, Mary Tyler Moore, Murphy Brown (which Pavan didn't include on his list-LOL), Who's the Boss?, Growing Pains, 227, A Different World, Boy Meets World, Drew Carey Show, 8 Simple Rules, Facts of Life, Mad About You, The Nanny, One Day at a Time, Whose Line?

Here's my predictions:

I feel The Wonder Years still has a very, very slim chance of getting released on DVD ever. The music rights are just too huge, and the companies know that fans will be HUGELY disappointed if music is replaced. Plus, no company seems to be working on this show.

Murphy Brown, I feel also has a very small chance, but I also feel that we may see another season this year.

Family Matters I'm sure we'll see this year. The show has been a staple on ABC Family daytime for years now, and it's coming to Nick at Nite soon, so WB will eventually get this on the shelves.

The Drew Carey Show, Growing Pains, and Fresh Prince I also see getting another season set released. Drew Carey is huge on television once again . . . The Price is Right, Power of 10, his show on ION now. WB isn't that stupid. Growing Pains doesn't have much music rights, so getting another set of this show should be easy. Same for Fresh Prince.

I'm not even gonna predict Sony right now. There is noway to tell of anything they plan to do in the future.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #6
clj2

More of: Mama's Family, 227, I Dream of Jeannie (final season), Facts of Life, That Girl, Happy Days, Mary Tyler Moore, Alice, Leave it to Beaver, Hazel, Hart to Hart, Who's the Boss, Growing Pains, Step by Step, Gimme a Break!, Bob Newhart...not that I'd buy all of these, lol.

New: My Three Sons (color episodes), Mr. Belvedere (would like to see it), Wonder Years, Room 222, The Beverly Hillbillies
clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #7
TV_Fan
Forum Regular

Echoing what's already been said by some:

From Sony I predict in 2008 we'll see more Jeffersons, All In The Family, What's Happenning Now, Benson, Silver Spoons, Diff'rent Strokes (please please!) , Facts of Life and current shows. Not holding my breath for Who's The Boss or 227 but at least Sony has been giving shows thought abandoned a 2nd chance (Barney Miller).

I have no idea what to expect from WB. I'm not holding my breath for Growing Pains or Alice but at least Perfect Strangers is coming. I think we'll see more of Fresh Prince.

From Fox or anyone they would be kind enough to license it to, I would love to see Mr Belvedere, Small Wonder and of course The Wonder Years. Not holding my breath for The Wonder Years. I'm sure Fox will continue WKRP with huge cuts and replacements and will only continue to piss off fans more.

I really wish Universal would give Gimme A Break another shot, or at least license it out. Come on Arts Alliance! Come on VEI! Someone! Anyone!

I'm sure we'll see more Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley & the final season of Mork & Mindy from Paramount/CBS. Also more Family Ties and I'm hoping Cheers. Really wish they'd release Webster, but not holding my breath.
TV_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
rjt100
Frequent Poster

Default More Lucy

The Lucy Show, The Lucy Show, The Lucy Show, The Lucy Show, The Lucy Show, The Lucy Show, The Lucy Show, The Lucy Show, The Lucy Show
rjt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #9
ryan423

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
Here is what I'm hoping for the most:
Growing Pains doesn't have much music rights, so getting another set of this show should be easy. Same for Fresh Prince.
Over the summer, WB was asked about the Fresh Prince in an online chat and they said the reason it wasn't being released was high music costs. My guess would be some of those costs are like the episode in Season 5 where Will sings Phil the Jennifer Holiday song that Jennifer Hudson sang in Dream Girls. If it were the theme song, it would have never been released at all!
ryan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #10
Kristen

Send a message via ICQ to Kristen Send a message via AIM to Kristen Send a message via MSN to Kristen Send a message via Yahoo to Kristen

I also noticed Murphy Brown was not on the list. I guess Pav/TJ considers it DOA. That's really a shame, b/c there IS a fanbase out there who would love to own all the seasons on DVD. Besides that, here's what else I'd like to see this year: (Not saying any of these have a prayer, but hey, you never know!)

- The Nanny Season 3
- Mary Tyler Moore Season 5
- Designing Women Season 1
- Wings Season 7 (Season 6 is coming in March)

Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #11
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan423
Over the summer, WB was asked about the Fresh Prince in an online chat and they said the reason it wasn't being released was high music costs. My guess would be some of those costs are like the episode in Season 5 where Will sings Phil the Jennifer Holiday song that Jennifer Hudson sang in Dream Girls. If it were the theme song, it would have never been released at all!
I know, I was at that chat! In my opinion, it's WB being lazy. If sales were really strong, they would have already either released season 5 with or without the music. If it's just that song, I'm sure many FP fans wouldn't mind.
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #12
TV_Fan
Forum Regular

I was also at the chat. I think they just use the music excuse whenver they don't have an answer. I remember someone asking about Family Matters and WB music was a problem. Someone else responded that really the only music was the theme song which could be replaced with the season 2 theme song. The WB person stated they didn't have the info and someone else would have to look into it. Excuses excuses.
TV_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #13
mlingerfelt
Forum Regular

I want to see season sets of Chico and the Man and CPO Sharkey.
mlingerfelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #14
DLevine2
DLevine2

I want The Golden Palace to be released on DVD in 2008.
DLevine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:54 AM   #15
Felix Na Vi Da
Frequent Poster

Well I'm pretty happy that Dave's World and Jake and the Fatman are finally being released. I honestly couldn't have predicted this so I'm quite happy.

I would love for the following to come but I'm not going to get my hopes up

Brimstone
Sightings
The Edison Twins
Glory Days
Do Over
Line Of Fire
Happy Family
Run Of The House
Hawaii
Eyes
Drive