Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #61
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60s70s80stvfan
Can't you just see it....

6:00PM-8:00PM Fresh Prince
8:00PM-10:00PM Mama's Family
10:00PM Diagnosis Murder

I could definitely see this:
6-8pm Fresh Prince
8-9pm Mama's Family
9-11pm Fresh Prince

And maybe DM on the weekends.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #62
JulieSomoski

I definitely do not seen ION as a black network like TV One. That's why Wayans. Bros. would be the last thing I'd expect them to have picked up.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #63
ilovethe80s

I don't know about them picking up Fresh Prince LOL your giving them ideas. What about Full House it's on ABC Family already but they could pick it up too since it's a Warner Bros. show. I haven't seen Punky Brewster on tv in years i know it's on DVD but it's still not the same because i can't watch it for free if you know what i mean. What about Silver Spoons, Facts of Life, Family Ties etc. There are so many 80's and 90's shows they should pick up. I don't really care about Wayan's Brothers that much i mean i watch Mama's Family occasionally. I wish they could put The Wonder Years back on and even before 10pm like around 7 or 8.
ilovethe80s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #64
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethe80s
I don't know about them picking up Fresh Prince LOL your giving them ideas. What about Full House it's on ABC Family already but they could pick it up too since it's a Warner Bros. show. I haven't seen Punky Brewster on tv in years i know it's on DVD but it's still not the same because i can't watch it for free if you know what i mean. What about Silver Spoons, Facts of Life, Family Ties etc. There are so many 80's and 90's shows they should pick up. I don't really care about Wayan's Brothers that much i mean i watch Mama's Family occasionally. I wish they could put The Wonder Years back on and even before 10pm like around 7 or 8.
Exactly! There are tons of great classic 80's and 90's shows out there to air that they have rights to, yet they put on Wayans Bros.

I'd love to see Facts of Life on ION. It hasn't been on TV in awhile. Also hoping for more Wonder Years, possible in an earlier slot, like 7pm.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #65
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
Exactly! There are tons of great classic 80's and 90's shows out there to air that they have rights to, yet they put on Wayans Bros.

I'd love to see Facts of Life on ION. It hasn't been on TV in awhile. Also hoping for more Wonder Years, possible in an earlier slot, like 7pm.

Yeah I think WY was more of a earlier type of show like 7pm-9pm like Full House which is why the show didn't do well at 10pm
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #66
JT

Hell, I'd just be glad to see them dust off the WB-owned dramas they have the rights to. The time to expand this channel came and went a loooong time ago. They need to kick their **** into gear.
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #67
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
Yeah I think WY was more of a earlier type of show like 7pm-9pm like Full House which is why the show didn't do well at 10pm
That's what I always thought too. The Wonder Years is not a show you should air past 10pm . . . if it aired at like 7pm, or even 9pm, it would probably get more kid viewers that itw ouldn't get past 10pm.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #68
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

African-American Programming Partnership Created Through Unique Alliance Between Star Media, ION Media Networks, Omnicom Media Group and Major Advertisers
McDonald’s and State Farm Join as Founding Charter Advertisers for African-American Content Block on the ION Television Network

Net Proceeds to be Reinvested in Multi-Cultural Content Creation

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- ION Media Networks, Inc. (AMEX:ION) in collaboration with African-American TV syndicator Star Media and Omnicom’s OMG Entertainment & Sports unit, announced today a strategic partnership for the creation and exhibition of African-American programming on the ION Television Network. The initiative already has backing from major charter sponsors McDonald’s, State Farm and P&G, with others expected to follow.

Initially, the partnership will use the syndication marketplace and TV libraries of Warner Bros. and other major television studios to program urban and diverse content. The longer term goal is to reinvest net proceeds from this enterprise into an original programming fund that can help create new African-American and diverse content to be aired on ION Television.

The initiative launched on Monday, January 14 in the 6-7 p.m. ET timeslot on ION Television, with the return of “The Wayans Brothers” to broadcast television. Warner Bros. Domestic Television is the programming partner for this series.

Star Media’s Dennis Ray and OMG’s head of multi-cultural entertainment, Marissa Nance, will lead the first-run development process working in conjunction with the ION Television team.

“The chief limitation to the growth of African-American television and media companies has been the inability to get sustained advertiser support for African-American programming,” said Ray. “This unprecedented advertiser commitment allows us, for the first time, to develop a programming fund to ensure the consistent supply of African-American programming. This is a model for the future.”

Steve Grubbs, CEO of OMG Entertainment & Sports, said, “This is a groundbreaking new business model enabling us to invest in a partnership that will fill a marketplace need, namely the creation and distribution of African-American programming.”

“We’re delighted to team up with Omnicom and Star Media in an innovative business partnership to advance TV content diversity,” said Brandon Burgess, Chairman and CEO, ION Media Networks. “We are prepared to dedicate key time periods on our broadcast network to diverse audiences, and to expand this initiative as we build audience and advertising support. Depending on demand, we may also consider establishing a dedicated, 24/7 multi-cultural spin-off network, using our digital broadcast capacity.”
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #69
ilovethe80s

I guess that means that they could air The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and maybe Family Matters that's Warner Bros. too I think
Old 01-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #70
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

I don't think they will or can, since it is on other broadcast channels in syndication. But you never know. I personally would love to see a 3-7pm block of shows for this African American Initiative...something like this would be realistic:

3:00PM Diff'rent Strokes (Sony)
3:30PM Diff'rent Strokes (Sony)
4:00PM Webster (Paramount)
4:30PM Webster (Paramount)
5:00PM Amen (Universal)
5:30PM Amen (Universal)
6:00PM Wayans Bros. (Warner Bros.)
6:30PM Wayans Bros. (Warner Bros.)

Though I'm not sure if they have full access to the Paramount library, so Webster might be available...but maybe they could have Amen 4-5pm and air Hangin' with Mr. Cooper (Warner) from 5-6pm.

Shows like 227, Benson, What's Happening!! (all Sony), Gimme a Break (Universal) are NOT available since they are with the Program Exchange.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #71
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

I was wondering if 227 and What's Happening was Sony
Old 01-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #72
ilovethe80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobiedoo30
I was wondering if 227 and What's Happening was Sony
He said they were
Old 01-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #73
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

here is what how I think

at 2:00 pm Wayans Bros
at 2:30 pm Wayans Bros
at 3:00 pm Webster
at 3:30 pm Webster
at 4:00 pm Diff'rent Strokes
at 4:30 pm Diff'rent Strokes
at 5:00 pm Amen
at 5:30 pm Amen
Scoobiedoo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #74
ilovethe80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobiedoo30
here is what how I think

at 2:00 pm Wayans Bros
at 2:30 pm Wayans Bros
at 3:00 pm Webster
at 3:30 pm Webster
at 4:00 pm Diff'rent Strokes
at 4:30 pm Diff'rent Strokes
at 5:00 pm Amen
at 5:30 pm Amen
That's pretty cool. I remember Webster I wonder what happened to that show.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #75
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

the last time I saw Webster was on WGN weekday's at 3:00 pm
Scoobiedoo30 is offline   Reply With Quote