Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Seinfeld links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Seinfeld Photo Gallery

Seinfeld - Season 1

Buy Seinfeld - Season 1 on DVD
Seinfeld - Seasons 1 & 2

Buy Seinfeld - Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 3

Buy Seinfeld - Season 3 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 4

Buy Seinfeld - Season 4 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 5

Buy Seinfeld - Season 5 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 6

Buy Seinfeld - Season 6 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 7

Buy Seinfeld - Season 7 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 8

Buy Seinfeld - Season 8 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 9

Buy Seinfeld - Season 9 on DVD
Seinfeld - The Complete Series (2007 Release)

Buy Seinfeld - The Complete Series (2007 Release) on DVD
Seinfeld - The Complete Series (2013 Release)

Buy Seinfeld - The Complete Series (2013 Release) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Seinfeld

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Season 9 and Complete Series Set on DVD November 6, 2007

Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander &
Michael Richards Are Reunited As Final Season Arrives on DVD Along
With The Complete Series

SEINFELD: SEASON 9

Four-Disc DVD Contains All 24 Episodes
with an Array of Exclusive Bonus Features and Classic Episodes,
Including “The Serenity Now” and the Highly-Rated Finale Seen by
Over 75 Million People

SEINFELD:
THE COMPLETE SERIES

All 180 Episodes on 32 Discs in Two Volumes Contain Every
“Water-Cooler” Moment Along with a Wealth of Never-Before-Seen
Bonus Features

Complete Series Also Includes the Collectible “Official Coffee Table
Book” – a 226-Page, Bound Anthology with Photos, Quotes and Trivia
From Every Episode – Including Personal Reflections by Jerry Seinfeld
and Bonus Disc Featuring a First-Ever Cast Reunion “Round Table”
Discussion with Larry David

BOTH SETS DEBUT ON DVD NOVEMBER 6

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (August 27, 2007) – The multiple award-winning quartet of Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander and Michael Richards come together again on DVD when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment debuts Seinfeld: Season 9 and Seinfeld: The Complete Series on November 6. Seinfeld: Season 9 is a four-disc boxed set including all 24 episodes from the ninth season of the long-running series, including the finale that drew viewership numbers of over 75 million and hours of exclusive, never-before-seen bonus footage. The holiday must-have of the year, Seinfeld: The Complete Series, offers the ultimate and most comprehensive Seinfeld experience ever. The 32-disc, two-volume set offers 180 unforgettable episodes of the multiple Emmy® Award-winning show along with “The Official Coffee Table Book,” a 226-page, bound anthology filled with photos, quotes, trivia from every episode, and personal reflections from Jerry. The collectible book also includes a bonus disc featuring “The Roundtable,” an exciting hour-long round table discussion among the four cast and creator Larry David reminiscing about the award-winning show’s run on air. A total of 104 hours of bonus features are included with Seinfeld: The Complete Series. Seinfeld: Season 9 will be priced at $49.95 SRP, while Seinfeld: The Complete Series will be available for $283.95 SRP.

The wealth of bonus features for Seinfeld: Season 9 include scenes from “The Roundtable” (excerpts from the one-hour table discussion), deleted scenes, bloopers, trivia, interviews, stand-up comedy footage, and other behind-the-scenes bonus material. The ninth season was nominated for five Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Comedy Series, and features an astounding array of noteworthy episodes such as the unique backwards episode, “The Betrayal,” and the reemergence of a classic arcade game in “The Frogger.” The season culminates in the highly rated two-part finale, which boasts an illustrious gathering of some of the show’s most memorable guest stars including Larry Thomas (Soup Nazi), Wendel Meldrum (Low-Talker), Golden Globe® Award-winner Teri Hatcher, TV journalist Geraldo Rivera, and others.

Seinfeld: The Complete Series is the all-access pass to anything and everything Seinfeld -- from classic episodes like “The Soup Nazi,” “The Bubble Boy,” “The Muffin Tops,” to historic moments such as Jerry’s Today show appearance in the now infamous Puffy Shirt and George’s scenes with Yankees owner George Steinbrenner to the emergence of iconic catch phrases like “Yada Yada Yada,” “Double-dipping,” and “Shrinkage.”

Created and produced by Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David, Seinfeld premiered on NBC on July 5, 1989. Following the professional and personal lives of four single friends living on Manhattan’s Upper West Side -- Jerry Seinfeld, a stand up comedian; his childhood friend, George Costanza (Alexander); his ex-girlfriend, Elaine Benes (Louis-Dreyfus); and his wacky neighbor, Cosmo Kramer (Richards) -- the sitcom about nothing was an immediate critical hit and the core of NBC’s “Must See TV” campaign, eventually drawing more than 30 million regular viewers each week. The series was nominated for 68 Emmy Awards (winning 10) and 15 Golden Globes (winning 3) over the course of its nine-season, 180-episode run.

Seinfeld: Season 9 Special Features Include:
“The Last Lap” – the cast and crew reminisce about their final days making SEINFELD and share their impressions about the show’s legacy
Scenes from “The Roundtable” – Excerpts from a conversation with Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louise-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, Michael Richards and Larry David nine years after SEINFELD went off the air
“Inside Looks” – Behind-the-scenes stories from the cast and creators
“Not That There’s Anything Wrong With That” – Never-before-seen outtakes and bloopers
“In the Vault” – Season Nine never-before-seen deleted scenes…saved from the cutting room floor, including 15 bonus minutes from “The Finale”
“Yada, Yada, Yada” – Cast and crew audio commentaries
2 Sein-Imations – See classic SEINFELD scenes re-imagined in Sein-Imation
“Notes About Nothing” – Behind-the-scenes trivia and production notes
“The Betrayal” Back-to-Front – Watch Seinfeld’s “backwards” episode….forwards
Factoid Tracks on all 24 episodes
Bonus Previews
Closed Captioned
Digitally Mastered Audio and Video
Full Screen Presentations
Audio: English (Stereo), French
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Seinfeld: Season 9 episodes include:

The Butter Shave The Apology The Bookstore
The Voice The Strike The Frogger
The Serenity Now The Dealership The Maid
The Blood The Reverse Peephole Puerto Rican Day
The Junk Mail The Cartoon The Clip Show, Parts 1&2
The Merv Griffin Show The Strong Box The Finale, Parts 1&2
The Slicer The Wizard
The Betrayal The Burning

Seinfeld: The Complete Series Special Features Include:

"The Roundtable: The Cast of Seinfeld and Larry David" – Bonus disc featuring the exciting reunion of the entire cast plus Larry David on the ninth
anniversary of the series finale
Documentaries for All Nine Seasons
“Inside Looks”
“Not That There’s Anything Wrong With That” (Bloopers)
“In the Vault” (Deleted Scenes)
“Yada Yada Yada” (Commentaries)
“SEIN-IMATION”
“Notes About Nothing”
Bonus Previews
Digitally Mastered Audio and Video
Full Screen Presentations
Audio: English (Stereo), French
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Closed Captioned

Seinfeld: Season 9, from the broadcast year of 1997-1998, has a run time of approximately 553 minutes and is not rated.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
kramer
Re-gifter
Frequent Poster

Man you are quick, I was just about to post the info. I figured they would do a complete series, so I almost did not buy the individual seasons. I could not wait so I bought each season as it came out.

Curly: Certainly! We're all incompetent
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
gotsmart
The Office, Thursdays on NBC
Frequent Poster

I knew this would happen. I held off buying each release so I'll probably get this for my b-day (which is Nov. 6)! Is this the first complete series set with special packaging and new bonus features that has been released by Sony? Apparently there is also a King of Queens set in the works also. What dissapoints me a bit is that the bonuses included in the gift packs for seasons 1 & 2 and 5 & 6 will probaly not be in this set.

Here is a very similar sounding Australian version of the complete series.
The box looks very confusing in the picture so hopefully it will be a bit more simple when we get it over here but it will probably be the same :

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/795105
gotsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
gotsmart
Frequent Poster

Package art for season 9 and complete series:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7928

Last edited by gotsmart; 08-24-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
kramer
Re-gifter
Frequent Poster

I really don't like the look of the complete series box. I guess it really should not matter much because I already have the other seasons. With a suggested retail price of $283.95 counting season 1 and 2 together it is still $35 a season. You can get the earlier seasons cheaper than that.

Last edited by kramer; 10-08-2007 at 01:44 AM.
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
Ant-Lox
Cloud Watcher

I stopped buying the sets after season 1 & 2 because I knew a boxset would be coming. Hopefully I can catch it on sale on Amazon.

Sports Allegiances
Philadelphia 76ers
Philadelphia Flyers
Philadelphia Phillies
Philadelphia Eagles
Detroit Red Wings
New York Football Giants

Ant-Lox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #7
gotsmart
Frequent Poster

I picked up the Complete Series tonight at Best Buy w/ the fridge box. I am pretty happy with the set. My only complaint is that the material that the outer box, the book, and the 2 holders are made of is very annoying. It is very susseptible to finger prints and it is impossible to remove the finger print marks. You can only see these marks when the box is tilted to the light so it isn't a big deal.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:28 AM   #8
Buffyboy323
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsmart
I picked up the Complete Series tonight at Best Buy w/ the fridge box. I am pretty happy with the set. My only complaint is that the material that the outer box, the book, and the 2 holders are made of is very annoying. It is very susseptible to finger prints and it is impossible to remove the finger print marks. You can only see these marks when the box is tilted to the light so it isn't a big deal.
Are the discs safe? A lot of these Complete Series boxsets go cheap on DVD holders (Friends and The West Wing are examples).
Buffyboy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:53 AM   #9
gotsmart
Frequent Poster

The disc storage is pretty good. Each disc has its own plastic tray and you can flip through them like a book (similar to the Three's Company sets). There are 2 cases that hold the discs. 1 contains seasons 1-5 and the other contains 6-9. Each of these cases holds 16 discs.

This should help you see what it is like:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sei...-Season-9/7928

And this (scroll down a bit to see the pic of the box):
http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/se...leteseries.php
Old 11-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #10
Buffyboy323
Forum Veteran

Quote:
The disc storage is pretty good. Each disc has its own plastic tray and you can flip through them like a book (similar to the Three's Company sets). There are 2 cases that hold the discs. 1 contains seasons 1-5 and the other contains 6-9. Each of these cases holds 16 discs.

This should help you see what it is like:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sei...-Season-9/7928

And this (scroll down a bit to see the pic of the box):
http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/se...leteseries.php
Thanks for posting those pictures. The discs are safe. I get irritated because some Complete Series sets have discs that slide into cardboard. I was afraid Sony might be doing the same thing.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #11
gotsmart
Frequent Poster

Unfortunately 3 out of the 32 discs are scratched. I only played 1 disc and a problem occured on 1 episode. Haven't checked the others. Not really a big deal but it is annoying.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:10 PM   #12
Hennigans Spokesman
Kramerica Ind.
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to Hennigans Spokesman Send a message via Yahoo to Hennigans Spokesman

I bought the complete series set last week on the day it came out at Target and it was only $199.99 and it came with a $20 gift card. It's a great set although I don't know what to do with the other 8 seasons I bought.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:08 AM   #13
Buffyboy323
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennigans Spokesman
I bought the complete series set last week on the day it came out at Target and it was only $199.99 and it came with a $20 gift card. It's a great set although I don't know what to do with the other 8 seasons I bought.
Sell the other 8 seasons to a video store? Or maybe put them up for sale online?
Old 11-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #14
Buffyboy323
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Unfortunately 3 out of the 32 discs are scratched. I only played 1 disc and a problem occured on 1 episode. Haven't checked the others. Not really a big deal but it is annoying.
That sucks! Did you exchange the scratched set for a new one?
Old 11-15-2007, 04:46 PM   #15
gotsmart
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyboy323
That sucks! Did you exchange the scratched set for a new one?
No, I read on another forum that people are having the same problem. It would also be very inconvenient to return a complete series set. I will probably just pick up the individual releases if the problem is that bad. As I said only 1 episode (The Alternate Side, season 3) is affected and it's only for about 40 seconds so it's not that big of a deal. The other scratched discs look lightly scratched so there should be no problem.