Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default ION Television September 2007 -- NFL Show "Game of the Week" on Saturdays

ION Television September 2007--

Blog Story: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...bc-family.html

Regular schedule changes:

No changes.

Here is full the regular schedule for September:
Mon-Thurs
6:00PM Diagnosis Murder
7:00PM Designing Women
7:30PM Designing Women
8:00PM Mama's Family
8:30PM Mama's Family
9:00PM Who's the Boss?
9:30PM Who's the Boss?
10:00PM The Wonder Years
10:30PM The Wonder Years
11:00PM Bodog Fight (Tuesdays)

Fri-Sun
6:00PM Diagnosis Murder (Fri); NFL Game of the Week (Sat, starting Sept. 15); ION Life (Sun)
7:00PM RHI Entertainment
9:00PM RHI Entertainment
11:00PM Bodog Fight (Sat)

Movies, Stunts, Marathons

- RHI on ION

September Programming:
Friday, September 7
7:00PM-9:00PM Member of the Wedding, The (1997)
9:00PM-11:00PM Bridge of Time (1997)

Saturday, September 8
7:00PM-9:00PM Fatal Error (1999)
9:00PM-11:00PM Larry McMurtry's The Streets of Laredo Part 1 (1995)

Sunday, September 9
7:00PM-11:00PM Ford: Man & His Machine (1987)

Friday, September 14
7:00PM-9:00PM Blue River (1995)
9:00PM-11:00PM Deliverance of Elaine, The (1996)

Saturday, September 15
7:00PM-9:00PM True Women, Part 1 (1997)
9:00PM-11:00PM Larry McMurtry's The Streets of Laredo Part 2 (1995)

Sunday, September 16
7:00PM-11:00PM Fire Next Time (1993)

Friday, September 21
7:00PM-9:00PM Horton Foote's Alone (1997)
9:00PM-11:00PM Dying to Love You (1993)

Saturday, September 22
7:00PM-9:00PM True Women, Part 2 (1997)
9:00PM-11:00PM Larry McMurtry's The Streets of Laredo Part 3 (1995)

Sunday, September 23
7:00PM-11:00PM Degree of Guilt (1995)

Friday, September 28
7:00PM-9:00PM Summer's End (1999)
9:00PM-11:00PM Sweetest Gift, The (1998)

Saturday, September 29
7:00PM-9:00PM MacShayne: Final Roll of the Dice (1994)
9:00PM-11:00PM MacShayne: Winner Takes All (1994)

Sunday, September 30
7:00PM-11:00PM Titanc, The (1996)

- NFL Game of the Week - Produced by NFL Films
Saturdays at 6PM starting Sept. 15
Highly-Acclaimed Weekly NFL Films Series Premieres on ION Television Saturday, September 15 with Giants-Cowboys Week 1 Match-up
ION has secured the rights to air the NFL Films production, “NFL Game of the Week,” for the 2007 season. The highly-acclaimed series will premiere on ION Television’s nationwide broadcast network at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, September 15, with the Giants-Cowboys game from Kickoff Weekend, which Dallas won 45-35. A new episode will air each week of the 17-week NFL regular season.
“NFL Films’ ‘NFL Game of the Week’ has been a must-see for football fans for years,” said Howard Katz, Chief Operating Officer of NFL Films. “We are pleased that fans will watch this season on ION Television.”
Each week of the NFL season, “NFL Game of the Week” showcases that week’s best game in a one-hour program, and tells the story of the game that viewers didn’t see on the original broadcast. Presenting the action from a wide variety of angles, including specially-shot game footage, pre-game and post-game commentary and previously unheard sideline sound from players and coaches, Game of the Week brings fans closer to the action than ever before.
NFL Films President Steve Sabol, a 36-time Emmy® Award-winner, will continue to host the series, which premiered in syndication in 1965. It has aired on NFL Network since 2003.

Coming in 2008:
As part of its agreement with the NFL, ION Media Networks also has secured the rights to air a brand-new series from NFL Films, entitled “Stories of the NFL,” which will take a behind-the-scenes look at the lives of NFL players when they’re not on the field. Using NFL Films’ original music, candid interviews, voluminous archives and award-winning cinematographers, these half-hour episodes will “reveal the hidden gems of the NFL.” The season of 21 original programs will begin airing on ION Television in February 2008.

Read the blog before you post: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...bc-family.html
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 09-14-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!
Forum Veteran

You really cannot be serious with this. We have been waiting for almost a month for this schedule. We've been talking about it's expansion, what shows will be new, what shows will come back, and what timeslots will be filled, and all we get is the same schedule we've had, just worse!?!?!?!?

First, still no expanding of hours. Must I say more? Second, now we only get The Wonder Years 3 days of the week, because Tuesday is filled with more infomercials, just modernized. Third Designing Women and Diagnosis Murder are still on the schedule, while we could have gotten shows like Alice, Amen, and Growing Pains back.

To me, it just counds completely like ION is afraid of axpanding their hours. Up to now, they've been relying on thier infomercials, and they are obviously making money, so they don't want to take those away for more ours of "real" programming. I am losing faith real fast in this network.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #3
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

ION September is not their fall, relax.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
JulieSomoski
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
ION September is not their fall, relax.
So October is?

Sorry, I get worked up sometmes. They could have at least given us something new for September. And I do hate the idea of Firebrand TV. It makes no sense to add that in there just for the month.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #5
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

October is likely their fall. See the blog. The line-up from 6-11pm is working, so why change it in September? Firebrand TV doesn't start until the last week of September...I think that is the start of their fall.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
October is likely their fall. See the blog. The line-up from 6-11pm is working, so why change it in September? Firebrand TV doesn't start until the last week of September...I think that is the start of their fall.

So I see DW is doing well in that Old Alice slot. So maybe it was just the show itsel and not the actual timeslot.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #7
JulieSomoski
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalyzer
So I see DW is doing well in that Old Alice slot. So maybe it was just the show itsel and not the actual timeslot.
That really blows any shot of getting a first season of Alice on DVD. ANyways, we're really seeing a lot of Designing Women this fall. I'm sure ION will take it off in October, since it moves to TVLand then. So, at least as of now we have one open slot in October.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseanne88-97
That really blows any shot of getting a first season of Alice on DVD. ANyways, we're really seeing a lot of Designing Women this fall. I'm sure ION will take it off in October, since it moves to TVLand then. So, at least as of now we have one open slot in October.

I want to get into DW but the 7pm timeslot doesn't work. I wish Mama's Family was at 7pm and then DW could lead right into Who's the Boss
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #9
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Icon

This Firebrand is it going to be regural Show's but with popup's
Old 08-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #10
clj2
Forum 3K Club Member

Ugh, I see 6-9 is still the same. Is Diagnosis Murder EVER going to leave? Does the contract run into infinity? LOL! It needs to at least be reduced to weekends or something. Green Acres or Bewitched should air from 6-7 and Silver Spoons or Perfect Strangers from 8-9. Maybe shift Mama's Family back to 7-8 or something, and leave 9-11 alone. With Desgning Women coming to TV Land there is really no need for it. I just can't get in to it.

clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #11
icecream
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Fanatic

I hope Firebrand TV bombs. Couldn't ION preempt it on Tuesday? If The Wonder Years is down to three days in the 10:00 slot they could at least air it Saturdays at 6:00.
icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #12
clarkkent
Occasional Poster

I think Who's the Boss? and Wonder Years should stay put. (Maybe the studios who release dvds should look into this and see that people really are interested in these shows and release them on dvd) They definitely need to get rid of Diagnosis Murder ( SOOO BORING). It's been on forever and it even airs on Fridays while the rest on the schedule is pre-emted for crappy movies. I do not care at all for Designing Women and Mama's Family (THEY ARE NOT FUNNY). Where is Perfect Strangers? As far as this new FIREBRAND is concerned, who the hell wants to watch that? And get rid of that stupid and totally non entertaining BODOGFIGHT as well.
clarkkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:59 PM   #13
JulieSomoski
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Land Fan
Ugh, I see 6-9 is still the same. Is Diagnosis Murder EVER going to leave? Does the contract run into infinity? LOL! It needs to at least be reduced to weekends or something. Green Acres or Bewitched should air from 6-7 and Silver Spoons or Perfect Strangers from 8-9. Maybe shift Mama's Family back to 7-8 or something, and leave 9-11 alone. With Desgning Women coming to TV Land there is really no need for it. I just can't get in to it.
Hopefully Diagnosis Murder will go away in October. I still don't get why it's been on so long. The show doesn't fit the rest of the lineup, and has the 6pm slot, which, in my opinion, is the worst. How well can it possibly be doing?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
Rezny@gmail.com

I think the return of "Green Acres" would be a perfect fit to ION's afternoon schedule(and there are lots of OTHER 1960's shows that ION could air ,or maybe even returning"Amen","Alice","The Partridge Family",and"The Monkees",Why did they cancel "Green Acres",""The Partridge Family"and "The Monkees"),and replace it with that "Moral Court"thing (which WASN'T around for too long-and did anyone watch it?)and "Diagnosis Murder"?
Rezny@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #15
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Icon

I would love to see Green Acres in The Afternoon what time in The Afternoon I say 3:00 pm CT Time
Scoobiedoo30 is offline   Reply With Quote