Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Bounce Brings Back Two Sitcoms and Orders Two New Ones; Disney Television Studios Rebrands Three Divisions
Peacock Bulks Up on New Comedies; New Saved by the Bell Trailer Released
Hulu Announces Upcoming Slate for 2020; AMC Gets Real for Animated Drama
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 10, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Who's the Boss? in Line for a Reboot; Love, Victor Renewed for Season Two
Keke Palmer Joins The Proud Family Revival; Amazon to Remake Penny Marshall's A League of Their Own
Tacoma FD Gets Season 3; Stars Come Aboard HBO Pandemic Comedy Event

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July/August)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
UMfan77

Default Body Shop Owner Disappears

Does anyone know if there has been any updates for the man (forgot his name) who owned a body shop that disappeared after receiving a call from an unknown person that needed a tow. The man was middle-aged & had a beard. His white pick-up truck was found in a lake. The drivers side window part part-way down. The man's wife stated that he never had his windows that way, either the window was all the way up or all the way down.

Missing Person flyers were posted on a bulletin board in the local Post Office. A hidden camera was placed there & someone was taped taking the flyers down. Appently, the man taking the flyers down used to be friends with the missing man. The man's wife worked at a video rental store & she found a gun in the return-video slot.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
An 80s Guy
legen-wait for it-dary!

Send a message via Yahoo to An 80s Guy

I don't remember this case.Mabey CD has info.
An 80s Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
crystaldawn

His name was Dale Williams and as far as I can tell he is still missing:

http://www.unsolved.com/0235-Williams.html

I do think he was murdered. You can't help but suspect the former friend who Dale and his wife helped his former wife move out of the area. He was mad at Dale for assisting his ex-wife and could have wanted revenge. I wouldn't be suprised if he had an accomplice as well, possibly the person who called Dale about a tow.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
UMfan77

Very good theory. I guess the Williams' family should not have gotten involved in something like a divorce. I wonder if the former friend has been questioned or has taken a polygraph test.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:48 AM   #5
wiseguy182

Another case I just watched again a few days ago. There doesn't seem to be anybody else with a a motive other than the former friend. To answer your question UMfan77, the former friend was questioned at least a couple times, but said he had no involvement (not suprisingly). I do wonder why Dale agreed to pick up the motorist even though it wasn't a service that he typically offered, especially since he was so busy when she called.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:32 PM   #6
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Another case that has somehowescaped much in the way of discussion. I have some thoughts, which I'll post later, but first, here is some information about possible updates:

Quote:
CBI to help in bone mystery
Daily Sentinel, The (Grand Junction, CO) - November 7, 2003
Author: AARON PORTER The Daily Sentinel

MONTROSE Human bones found near Redvale remained shrouded in mystery a week after they were unearthed.

Decomposition and age made it difficult for local authorities to conclusively determine little more than the bones are human, according to Montrose County Coroner Mark Young.

Three people uncovered the skeletal remains Oct. 30 on a shelf below a cliff in Broad Canyon, the Montrose County Sheriff's Department said.

Dr. Thomas Canfield, a medical examiner, ruled Sunday the bones were human, Young said. He was unable to determine the exact age or forensic value of the bones because of decomposition and age, he said.

The bones were partially exposed to the elements, Young said. In the dry climate, bones at the surface decompose at a different rate than bones in the soil.

Young has requested the assistance of a forensic anthropologist at the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to determine if the bones have forensic value. Anything of forensic value would indicate a crime was committed, he said.

Local authorities are still attempting to identify the remains, Young said. He plans to employ DNA testing.

"If we can't obtain DNA, then it's going to be very difficult, if not impossible, to determine the identity of who this might be," he said.

The bones had been there at least for "several years," Young said.

They predate the disappearance of a 19-year-old man in San Miguel County a few weeks ago, Young said.

There are several unsolved missing persons cases in the area.

"I'm hoping that we can get DNA extracted, and then we would be able to rule out those different people or match one," he said.

Those cases include Dale Williams , a Nucla man who was reported missing in 1999, and Ben Gray, a local cowboy who disappeared in 1978. Young has not ruled out the bones as either of the missing men.

It was unclear Thursday if disturbance of the bones will pose an issue for the investigation. Under state law, human remains must be reported to the county coroner immediately.

The bones were unearthed Oct. 30 by Debra Waid, Herb Cooper and Kalub Marier, Undersheriff Dick Deines said.
Of course, this article is a little over 4 years old, and yet it's the most recent I can find on the matter. I guess they either couldn't get DNA or it didn't tunr out to be anybody known to be missing.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #7
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Another article about the same incident:

Quote:
Identity, age of human bones still a mystery to authorities
Daily Sentinel, The (Grand Junction, CO) - November 5, 2003
Author: AARON PORTER The Daily Sentinel

REDVALE Human bones uncovered in western Montrose County have generated speculation of possible ties to mysterious disappearances there in the past.

Is it a Nucla man who vanished in 1999, his pickup sunk in a river? Is it a well-known cowboy whose only trace since 1978 was an address book found on Blue Mesa? Is it a sacred American Indian burial?

"There's a lot of questions. It is uncertain," said Undersheriff Dick Deines of the Montrose County Sheriff's Department.

"Until the coroner's office and a forensic pathologist determine the age of these bones, we don't know how it stands. It could have been real old bones, a disturbed grave site or something more recent. There are a lot of questions," he added.

Three people found the bones Oct. 30 while rock-hunting, Deines reported. The site lies off Highway 141, on a shelf below a cliff in Broad Canyon, he said.

Investigators and Colorado Bureau of Investigation finished collecting evidence Monday, Deines said. He was not aware Tuesday of any clothing or personal belongings found there, he said.

"I haven't been advised of anything else found at the scene that we can see as anything of any importance," he said.

The skeletal remains were dug up by Nucla residents Debra Waid, Herb Cooper and Waid's son, Kalub Marier, said Deines.

Authorities are now uncertain if the bones were exhumed legally, said Deines. Investigators are determining if the site lies on land owned by Dave Andrews or the Bureau of Land Management and if they had permission to dig, he said.

Federal law forbids unauthorized archeological activities on BLM lands, he said.

Waid apparently notified Dick Williams, whose brother is missing, about the find, said Deines. Dale Williams disappeared in May 1999.

Waid also gave Dick Williams a bone from the site, Deines said.

"I think it's highly inappropriate," said Deines.

It was Williams who alerted authorities about the remains Saturday morning, Deines said.

There's speculation the remains may belong to cowboy and local character Ben Gray, who's been missing since 1978, said Montrose County Coroner Mark Young.

It may prove difficult to determine the age, let alone identity, of the bones, Young said.
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #8
unsolvedmysteriesfan
Frequent Poster

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Willi..._28967850.aspx

Web References

1. Telluride Daily Planet - Local news
www.telluridegateway.com/curre - [Cached]

Published on: 9/22/2000 Last Visited: 9/22/2000
Several people who have been interviewed by investigators have alleged that 43-year-old Dale Williams may have been involved in some type of wrongdoing that could have contributed to his disappearance, Deines said.

Deines declined to release information about the allegations, which he said have not been confirmed. Several key individuals who may have information about the disappearance have refused to talk to investigators, Deines said, adding that solving Williams' disappearance is a top priority for the Montrose County Sheriff's Office.

Lt. Greg Hiler of the MCSO was in the West End on Thursday to conduct more interviews in connection with Williams' disappearance.

Williams was last seen May 27 at the Family Market in Naturita. He is the owner of Showtime Movie Rentals and Dale's Pro Body Shop, both located in Nucla. Williams was last seen wearing a dark blue T-shirt and blue jeans. He is a white male with light brown hair and blue eyes. He stands 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs about 170 pounds.
unsolvedmysteriesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #9
unsolvedmysteriesfan
Frequent Poster

I looked up this Tami Lowrance. She runs Ferrellgas in Naturita, CO: http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_0wjx0x

Maybe one of our UM sleuths wants to contact her and find out if there is anyhting new or if she knows who the 'former friend' is ? I'm not posting anything private, it's her company and all.
unsolvedmysteriesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:51 AM   #10
Tonee
Occasional Poster

I'm Dale's oldest daughter... the case went cold a few years ago, but there is a cold case team taking it over.
Tonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:39 AM   #11
Mystery Lover
Frequent Poster

Welcome Tonee... Glad to have you here.

Can you give us any insight on your Dad disappearance?

Any new clues? Or anything?

What does your family thing happened to your Dad?
Mystery Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #12
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Here we go again...
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #13
Mystery Lover
Frequent Poster

What do you mean here we go again? I don't get it.
Mystery Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #14
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
Here we go again...
I wondered when you were going to chime in...

Yes Tonee, anything you'd like to share about your father's case we'd enjoy hearing. I thought the most logical choice for a suspect was the former husband of the woman your family helped out but UM didn't really focus on his much. Is he considered a suspect?
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #15
Tonee
Occasional Poster

While he is the most logical candidate for a suspect... we don't think he's been much involved. Im sure there was hate for how my parents helped his ex wife move away from him, obviously- he was caught on camera taking down the flyers.... He did break into my dad's body shop steal a gun (later returned in my mom's movie drop) and ripped up a bunch of pictures of the 4 of them together... other then that?

There's a few things that people don't know about my dad unless they were locals... He was very liked, he had a lot of friends, we lived in a very, very small town, he volunteered for many community activities, he loved camping, his family, us girls, and kids. He really was a big kid himself. I have so many unbelievable memories of my dad and the wonderful things that he did for my sister, mom and I. He was the only dad that would gather 15-20 kids we knew to play kick the can at 9pm on weekends. He would wake my sister and I up at 2am to roast hot dogs in our wood stove inside the house... He was an amazing person, a very fun person. And I would give nearly anything for my own children to know 1 day of their Grandpa Dale, and oh the things they would do for that 1 day!

There's been so many rumors and stories as I'm sure you all can imagine. We live thru these every time a bone or a tool is found in the mountains or near Uravan. There's been people transferred or fired from his case, there's been drunks who brag about the time they "beat the sh*t out of Dale Williams and dumped his body in a mineshaft" There's been quite a few stories that are just TOO CLOSE of a coincidence to not have a little truth in them- but as far as I know, no one really looked into it.

As far as clues, the truck was driven into the waterhole in the confluence (about 13' of water and sediment) the drivers side window was rolled down about 3/4 way and the passenger about 1/4 way, the windshield wipers were on, and the engine was running and I think it was in low gear. It is accurate that my dad NEVER drove like that regarding the windows. My now very good friend found the truck while his family was fishing... their lure got stuck and he went to try and retrieve it, ended up standing on the roof of truck. They thought it was odd and he said he thought it was a refrigerator. He was able to swim down and pulled the dash cover out, which had my dad's name embroidered on it. And that's when they called the police.
When they pulled the truck they damaged the axle, and didn't set up anything downstream to catch anything floating out of the truck. My friend offered to swim downstream and try to get stuff, but they told him that they "had enough evidence." The cab was filled with sediment, dirt and mud. And also my friend said that while they fishing an out of town vehicle kept driving by and eventually stopped and told them that they shouldn't be "playing around there" My friend said that he'd never seen this guy before, he hasn't seen him since.
The very early investigation was completely botched. And it seemed like anytime someone got a clue or anything... they transferred or fired. As time went by, no one came forward with any information and the case went cold.

On the 29th it will be 9 years.
Tonee is offline   Reply With Quote