Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-05-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default "i" Network (aka: PAX TV) Acquires Sony Pictures Television Owned Shows

ION MEDIA NETWORKS AND SONY PICTURES TELEVISION ANNOUNCE PROGRAMMING AGREEMENT FOR TV SERIES AND FEATURE FILMS

(West Palm Beach, FL and Culver City, CA – July 5, 2006) – ION Media Networks, Inc. (AMEX: ION) and Sony Pictures Television (“SPT”) today announced a programming agreement that provides ION with the rights to broadcast dozens of classic television series and a large selection of award-winning feature films from the Sony library on the i television network, reaching over 90 million homes.

“This agreement reflects our strategy of strengthening our i network’s programming schedule with popular series and theatrical hits with proven audience appeal,” said Brandon Burgess, CEO of ION Media Networks. “We look forward to working with Sony on developing a compelling entertainment line-up that continues to appeal to our current audience, while attracting new viewers to the network.”

“The i network and its stations will benefit from a wide variety of titles from our extensive library of television series and feature films, which have proven to deliver audiences,” said John Weiser, president, distribution for Sony Pictures Television. “We are pleased to be in partnership with ION, helping them grow and making them a destination for great programming.”

Under the terms of the agreement, ION will have access to many of SPT’s most popular TV series from the last three decades, including “Charlie’s Angels,” “Starsky & Hutch,” “The Partridge Family,” “The Monkees” and “Silver Spoons,” among others.

In addition, titles from Sony’s extensive library of theatrical films will be available to ION, including “A River Runs Through It,” “Oliver!,” “Bram Stoker’s Dracula,” “Short Circuit” and many more.

“We are pleased to have access to Sony’s diverse collection of movies and classic TV shows” said Stacey Nagel Galper, ION’s Senior Vice President of Programming and Strategic Planning. “We will begin scheduling the Sony movies on the i network this month, with plans to launch the television series in August.”
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
troopoleon8897
Let's Go!!

Send a message via AIM to troopoleon8897

I guess this is good although Im only interested in silver spoons... this does mean more shows will get a chance though right?

In each life some rain falls, but you also get some Sun...

My DVDs
troopoleon8897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #3
Chelsea
Semi-retired
Forum Veteran

How in the blue hell do they plan to work in BOTH libraries in the 5 hour window without basically leaving the majority of their new purchases gathering dust. They really need to add time onto their upcoming schedule, even if it's just a couple hours to start. And I'm not saying that from a fan's perspective, I'm saying that from the business end. i's finances haven't been that great, and I doubt Warner and Sony just handed them them a few dozen shows and moves each for free...There's no reason to spend money on something you don't air.
Former Seth, 1986-2015
For questions, comments, troubleshooting, or forum help, please PM TJ.
Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
Chelsea
Semi-retired
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopoleon8897
I guess this is good although Im only interested in silver spoons... this does mean more shows will get a chance though right?
That's just one of the shows mentioned. According to the article, dozens were acquired. I think it'd certainly be interesting to see a full list.
Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:51 PM   #5
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Initially it might be 6-11pm only...but they will expand. More on that when available.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...-owned-tv.html
Old 07-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #7
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Addict

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

I am liking this "i" network more and more.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #8
Mr. Television
17 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
I am liking this "i" network more and more.
Now If only they would hurry and get rid of those infomercials and make this a full time schedule.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #9
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Eventually they will get rid of paid programming, I'm sure, but right now I think they are obligated to air them. These deals just happened and while they can easily replace actual shows with these shows, replacing paid programming might take a while longer due to financial obligations.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
MikeLutton
Mike Lutton DVD Legend!
Forum Veteran

ok great sounds great can we please have list of sony picture tv shows.so we know what coming.
MikeLutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #11
Harper49
I Am A Member

Send a message via AIM to Harper49

I have a sorta idea now, Howbout after late night paid programmings they'll start with a morning promgramming block on I: Independant Television maybe in the future.
Harper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #12
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

I had an almost complete list of Sony TV product, but I can't find it. Here is a partial list of what Sony owns:

Columbia Tri-Star owned shows (not complete of course):
227, Action, All in the Family, Archie Bunker's Place, Barney Miller, Battle Dome, Benson, Bette, Bewitched, Bridget Loves Bernie, Burns & Allen, Charlie's Angels, Checking In, Crazy Like a Fox, Dawson's Creek, Dennis the Menace, Designing Women, Diff'rent Strokes, Dilbert, Donny & Marie, Early Edition, Emily's Reasons Why Not, Facts of Life, Falcone, Family, Family Law, Fantasy Island, Father Knows Best, Fernwood 2Night, Fish, Flying Nun, Forever Knight, Gidget, Good Times, Grosse Pointe, Grady, Grown Ups, Guardian, Hart to Hart, Hazel, I Dream Of Jeannie, Imagine That, Jeffersons, Joan of Arcadia, Just Shoot Me, King of Queens, Ladies Man, Larry Sanders Show, Mad About You, Malcolm & Eddie, Married With Children, Mary Hartman, Maude, Men are From Mars, Mike Hammer, Monkees, My Big Fat Greek Life, Nanny, New Gidget, New Monkees, Newsradio, Oh Baby, One Day at a Time, One in a Million, Parker Lewis, Partridge Family, Party of Five, Pasadena, Police Story, Police Woman, Punky Brewster, Route 66, Rude Awakening, SWAT, Sanford, Sanford Arms, Sanford & Son, Secret Agent Man, Seinfeld, Shasta, Silk Stalkings, Silver Spoons, Soap, Square Pegs, Starsky & Hutch, Street, Street Justice, Tabitha, Top of the Heap, TJ Hooker, That's My Mama!, The Rookies, Time of Your Life, Twice in a Lifetime, Weber Show, What About Joan, What's Happening, What's Happening Now, Who's The Boss, Young Americans

Remember if it is on a local channel, i network probably won't have access to it. Benson, What's Happening, What's Happening Now, 227 and Who's the Boss? probably will not be a part of i's deal, because Sony licensed those shows to The Program Exchange.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #13
MikeLutton
Mike Lutton DVD Legend!
Forum Veteran

yes we get sanford and sanford arms again N Diff rent strokes omg iam so so happy and Archie bunkers place.this going to be great best deal ever wonder where they going put them all.
MikeLutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:56 PM   #14
Auntie
Forum Regular

What abouts shows like,'It's A Miracle'? I wonder will 'I' keep it on schudule(even though now it's only on once a week(Saturdays) as oppose to 'every night' that it was on. Also, what about 'The Waltons'? It wouldn't be such a bad idea for 'I' to start airing that show in syndication on their channel. They have way more than enough of episodes to air(they went for nine seasons I believe).

"GOD BLESS AMERICA"atriot:
Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:59 PM   #15
JT
Forum Veteran

After getting some horrible, horrible news today, I really needed this. Looks like PAX is dedicated to doing this. The second I saw Charlie's Angels, I was sold on the idea. Alice and Charlie's Angels on the same channel? I am SO in!
JT is offline   Reply With Quote