Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Arrested Development links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Arrested Development Photo Gallery

Arrested Development - Season One

Buy Arrested Development - Season One on DVD
Arrested Development - Season Two

Buy Arrested Development - Season Two on DVD
Arrested Development - Season Three

Buy Arrested Development - Season Three on DVD
Arrested Development - The Three Original Seasons

Buy Arrested Development - The Three Original Seasons on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Current Sitcoms > Arrested Development

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-14-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Moving to Showtime or ABC next season?

Variety is reporting that Showtime and ABC are in talks to pick-up the show with all-new episodes for next season, if Fox is completely done with it.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
vashti1999
NY METS - #1
Forum Veteran

That'll be good if it ends up on ABC. I think it would get more recognition there than FOX or Showtime.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:29 PM   #3
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

I think Showtime is the heavy favorite right now, but I agree it should go to a broadcast net or a basic cable channel, as most people probably wouldn't get Showtime. ABC could turn a night of one camera sitcoms next fall, if everything turns out OK...Emily's Reasons Why Not, Jake in Progress, Arrested Development and Sons & Daughters would be interesting.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
vashti1999
NY METS - #1
Forum Veteran

I can see why Showtime would want it, it seems like they want a higher profile for their series to compete with the popularity of HBO's original shows. But like you suggest with the one camera sitcoms, ABC would be a good fit.
vashti1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:45 PM   #5
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Default Moving to Showtime or ABC Next Season

I also think Showtime will be a Heavy Favorite to air Arrest Delopement
Next Season.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:29 PM   #6
Redd Foxx
DVR's Are SO Cool!
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Redd Foxx Send a message via MSN to Redd Foxx Send a message via Yahoo to Redd Foxx

It would be better for most people, if it was on ABC, but that is obvious I guess.

Saved By The Bell|Will & Grace|Step By Step|Friends|That '70s Show|Home Improvement|

The Sopranos|Entourage|The Simpsons|South Park|Aqua Teen Hunger Force|Family Guy|

Six bucks and my right nut says we're not landing in Chicago - John Candy "Planes, Trains,& Automobiles"
Redd Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:23 PM   #7
theshark8777
Hats for Bats

I don't care who picks it up, I just hope someone does. If that means I have to fork out 10 a month for Showtime, so be it!

Although Fox has stunted Arrested Development's development, the show's obituary might have to wait: Both Showtime and ABC have expressed interest at heading into the wild Bluth yonder.

The two networks are in preliminary talks to pick up the critically acclaimed yet consistently low-rated show after it ends its run on Fox early next year, per trade reports.

All three networks have refused to comment on the talks, except to say that no formal negotiations have taken place.

And for good reason: Fox has yet to officially cancel the show.

Though the network recently cut the series' season order from 22 to 13, no official axing has taken place, making it difficult for producer 20th Century Fox Television to engage in any closed-door deal-making.

Besides, there are other potential hiccups to the Emmy-winner's would-be network jump.

The
Jason Bateman-led series comes with a hefty $1.6 million price tag per half-hour. According to Daily Variety, the high cost mean the studio's in the hole $400,000 per episode produced, which is part of the reason why the season's episodes were so drastically cut.

That, and the fact that the show averages just 4 million viewers per week, despite recent efforts to boost the ratings with the stunt castings of
Scott Baio,
Charlize Theron and most recently,
Justine Bateman.

But 4 million viewers is nearly twice the amount that a bona fide cable hit draws, a key should the series jump to Showtime and keep its audience intact. But Showtime would likely try to find a way to rein in the per-episode cost.

To help offset the cost, 20th Century Fox TV may push for any bidders to pick up at least 22 episodes. The studio needs just 36 more to reach 88 total--the magic number required to sell into syndication. (Of course, a lucrative syndication deal is not guaranteed.) There's also speculation 20th Century Fox TV might be willing to share home-entertainment revenues as an enticement--Development is a strong performer on DVD.

News of networks putting out feelers for Arrested Development comes just two weeks after executive producer Brian Grazer told CNN he was working to make sure this season wouldn't be the series' last.

"I can't tell you anything other than I'm hoping it works out in the way that we want it to," Grazer said. "But I'm optimistic."

The cast, meanwhile, has mixed feelings about a possible network jump.

"Obviously, we would all do it 'til we're dead," Jason Bateman told E! Online last week. "But you don't want to be the last guy at the bar.

"I think we're getting out just in time," he continued. "We may have screwed it up if we stayed any longer."

Barring any last-minute reprieves, Arrested Development's season--and series--finale is expected to air on Fox in late January or early February.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:13 PM   #8
Cactus Jack
RonFingSwanson
Forum Idol

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack

I hope its ABC that gets it, I have Showtime, but not in my room

Id Love to help you Tracy, but I cant have sex with a black guy, Id lose my endorsement deal with NASCAR-Jenna Maroney,30 Rock

April 17,2009 9:02 PM : 100,000th post!

[/B]
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:25 PM   #9
80sTrivia
Pop Culture Soothsayer
Forum Veteran

This is great news... I've always been a big fan of the show's quirky, off-beat humor and it really deserves to find a home on another network!
80sTrivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #10
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

either place would be better for the show, but both would mean changes - i think that this show could definately live a good long life if it were handled better.

I just ran across David Cross's thoughts on the matter of ratings, executives and who's at fault:

"I got an idea—why don't you ****ing fire your complete marketing team, and get a new one that knows how to market a show that won five mother****ing Emmys, Golden Globes, SAG awards, WTA awards, Producer's Guild awards, critics top 10 list. You know, if you can't market that kind of show and get better ratings then maybe the problem doesn't lie here [with the show]. Maybe it lies with marketing. Goodnight."

http://media.putfile.com/David-Cross-Rant
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:43 PM   #11
theshark8777
Hats for Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
either place would be better for the show, but both would mean changes - i think that this show could definately live a good long life if it were handled better.

I just ran across David Cross's thoughts on the matter of ratings, executives and who's at fault:

"I got an idea—why don't you ****ing fire your complete marketing team, and get a new one that knows how to market a show that won five mother****ing Emmys, Golden Globes, SAG awards, WTA awards, Producer's Guild awards, critics top 10 list. You know, if you can't market that kind of show and get better ratings then maybe the problem doesn't lie here [with the show]. Maybe it lies with marketing. Goodnight."

http://media.putfile.com/David-Cross-Rant
I agree with David Cross. I have been saying this all along. The show was harldy ever promoted in the first season or two, then they did a dismal attempt later on.
theshark8777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:12 AM   #12
big bertha
Frequent Poster

TV Has Foxed actually cancelled the show?

I just finished watching Crumbs on ABC and I couldn't help but think that it should be paired with Arrested Development. That would be a great lineup eh?
big bertha is offline   Reply With Quote