Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-10-2007, 12:17 AM   #61
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Hee hee hee hee hee hee.
LooksLikeCRicci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #62
Allierain
17-year lurker
Forum Regular

Does anyone happen to know the name of the actor who played the Megadeth dude in the segment?
Allierain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #63
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

From what I have heard about the two guys that are serving life in prison for Donna Callahan's murder, it is my opinion that wasnt the only woman those two killed. But again, whether or not they were involved in the other two women's abductions is anyone's guess, I would lean towards no, but anything is possible. It is just that the drive is so long between all of them, that I just dont know if they are all related.

Mark Riebe is one of the men convicted in this case, he was convicted in 1998of the 1989 murder of Donna Callahan and he was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison. It appears Riebe and his younger half brother who also was convicted of murder in the death of Callahan are from northwestern Florida and have always lived there.

Riebe could have done all three of the abductions in question as before he was arrested for the murder in 96 or 97, he had never had any real serious trouble with the law, other than a 1993 conviction for forgery which he was given 3 years probation for. Riebe's half brother, William Wells III was serving a 5 year sentence for burglary and grand theft when he confessed his involvement in the Callahan abduction, rape and murder. Wells pled guilty and was sentenced to a concurrent 25 year to life sentence.

Wells had been arrested on his original charges in May of 1991 and had b een in custody ever since but he had never been in prison before that so it was possible for him to have been involved in other abductions before that time with his brother. All of Wells convictions occured in northwest Florida in Walton, Okaloosa and Santa Rosa Counties.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:33 AM   #64
StackTime
The primer is grey
Frequent Poster

Not to make fun of a serious kidnapping, but does anyone else think that Deborah Poe's friend interviewed for UM is hot?
StackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #65
UMfan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackTime
Not to make fun of a serious kidnapping, but does anyone else think that Deborah Poe's friend interviewed for UM is hot?
I also have a "UM crush". I think Heath from the Vess Family segment is such a cutie! I've always had a crush on him, major babe.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #66
Mastermind

This is one of those cases, where the re-enactment could make this case confusing.

1. Was "Megadeth" surprised when he saw the customer come in or was he calm as the re-enactment showed?
2. Did he indeed open the register or not? Was the money to pay for the cigarettes left at the scene?
3. Was anything stolen or missing from the register or inventory?

Innocent or not, Megadeth should be pursued because he is either the killer or the first person on the scene and may have info on this case.

Megadeth might simply have been a guy who was impatient about waiting for someone to service him and may have just decided to get cigarettes behind the counter and leave the cash. He may have serviced the customer as a courtesy. Was the money to pay for the cigarettes left at the scene?
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:54 AM   #67
StackTime
The primer is grey
Frequent Poster

What about the friend who visited with Deborah earlier in the evening, then returned to find the store empty? Can his whereabouts be accounted for? An abductor known to Deborah might explain the lack of evidence of a struggle at the scene; Megadeath guy being a shoplifter chanced upon in the middle of a theft by cigarette girl
Old 03-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #68
StackTime
The primer is grey
Frequent Poster

Also, was the folded work smock Deborah's, or did it belong to another employee? This would be important in that it might confirm/disconfirm the theorized non-struggle at the scene
Old 03-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #69
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well, personally, the folded work smock I have always found it confusing. It almost makes me wonder if someone that knew her kidnapped her. At first I overlooked the friend but looking at it more, I agree, were his whereabouts during the time in question ever looked at? He seemed to be hanging around this service station during some rather odd hours. I am not accusing the guy of doing anything but it does seem a bit odd. I would assume his circumstances during the time in question were accounted for although this was not mentioned in the segment.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:35 AM   #70
MissFit29
Forum Regular

I wondered about the neatly folded smock too. Was Deborah Poe a smoker? Maybe she stepped outside for a cigarette break or something, left her smock inside, and she was abducted at that point. But if it was Megadeth who did it, why would he have even gone into the store? Unless he was out to rob it in the first place, that doesn't quite fit. There probably were 2 people involved.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #71
MegtheEgg86

I thought I remembered reading something that police bloodhounds had trailed her scent to the parking lot, and then it just disappeared, like Deborah had gotten into a car. I want to say it's on her Doe Network page.

EDIT: It is. Here's the link:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1076dffl.html

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #72
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackTime
Lori Tillman, the love of StackTime's life.

MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #73
StackTime
The primer is grey
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Lori Tillman, the love of StackTime's life.

Ohh Meg, I can't deny that....even though she's got to be a bit older than me by now...hm she does seem like the type that ages nicely...OK, OK I'll stop
Old 04-09-2009, 04:14 AM   #74
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Just an addendum. Porchlight has submitted a potential match of UID remains with Deborah Poe:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/117uffl.html

Deborah's Charley Project page for reference:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/poe_deborah.html
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #75
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

Well, the dude wearing the Megadeth shirt certainly is suspicious, but I don't know that I'm convinced that he had something to do with Debra's disappearance. I'd like to know more about the encounter that the witness had with him.

When she first came into the market, was he already behind the counter? did he seem startled or unnerved by her presence? I know that the UM segment portrayed the guy as being very calm, but who knows if that was just how the actor decided to portray him or if it was based on the statement from the witness.

It is possible that he was simply opportunistic and planning to take some freebies from the unattended market. The woman came in and caught him messing around behind the counter, and he had to play clerk to get her out of there without a scene. I'm not saying that I would do such a thing if presented with a similar situation, but if I put myself in his shoes, it seems like the smartest thing to do.

Or, like some of the other fine posters have suggested, perhaps he was the abductor/killer. He could have had Debra subdued in the back and came out to get rid of the customer so that he could get the heck out of dodge with his victim.

Either way, poor Debra. How sad that her case is still unsolved.

On a less serious note, was I the only one who noticed that the guy portraying the mystery man was HUGE? Dude had to be over six foot and was ripped! Made me chuckle when Robert Stack noted that he was described as being 5'10", because that sure didn't fit with the actor's appearance!
ms_bates is offline   Reply With Quote