Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #151
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistaircrane
That's because she interrupted him mid-abduction. That's what makes it so creepy!
Eh, I'm doubting.

Are you in support of the theory that Deborah was behind the counter throughout the entire exchange between Megadeth and the customer? I've always found that to be a little on the incredible side. It's just an opinion, but I think most perpetrators interrupted in the middle of an abduction would:

A) Immediately flee
B) Eliminate the (potential) witness
C) Indicate very, very strongly through a number of behavioral cues that something was not at all right

I just don't see someone--especially someone that young--remaining calm and collected enough to maintain his composure completely during that exchange.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #152
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

If this was an interruption mid-abduction, where exactly was Deborah and why didn't she cry for help?
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #153
alistaircrane
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
If this was an interruption mid-abduction, where exactly was Deborah and why didn't she cry for help?
Bound and gagged in the back, obviously.

Not sure what you're trying to do here, but I subscribe to the "It was Megadeth" theory, and nothing you do is going to change my mind. You're wasting your time.
alistaircrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #154
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:

Not sure what you're trying to do here, but I subscribe to the "It was Megadeth" theory, and nothing you do is going to change my mind. You're wasting your time.
Since there was never evidence uncovered that a struggle occurred in the store nor that anyone was ever "bound and gagged" at any point, there's really no basis to believe that it happened.

If wish to believe something because it matters to you, then that's your right. The evidence actually points in a different direction.
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #155
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:

I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other. Just asking a logical question to your theory of "Megadeth is guilty" that must be answered. Which you have chosen to ignore, BTW.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #156
alistaircrane
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other. Just asking a logical question to your theory of "Megadeth is guilty" that must be answered. Which you have chosen to ignore, BTW.
Can you not read? I did give you an answer---she was bound and gagged in the back.

People like you piss me off. You want to take all the fun out the mysteries!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #157
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Can you not read? I did give you an answer---she was bound and gagged in the back.

People like you piss me off. You want to take all the fun out the mysteries!
Yes I am the Murky & Lurky to this board's Rainbow Brite. I'm here to take the fun out of every mystery.

As a matter of fact, I'll call the Orlando PD and tell them to consider "Megadeth" a suspect again because it'd be more fun for you.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #158
MegtheEgg86

There is nothing "fun" about contorting a tragic event involving a real, living human being into some sort of scary campfire story.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #159
alistaircrane
Frequent Poster

Oh please. Unsolved Mysteries is an entertainment program. Deal with it!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #160
dynoguy88

There was no signs of a struggle anywhere inside the convenience store. If someone tried to strangle you, there would be signs of a struggle. If someone tried to stab you with a knife, there would be signs of a struggle...as well as a ton of blood everywhere. However, if someone pointed a gun at you, there is not likely to be any signs of a struggle.

Most likely, Deborah was behind the counter and her kidnappers pulled out a gun. It's 3:00 in the morning so there are not going to be many customers around. There are no surveillance cameras (stupid, stupid, stupid!). If she's got a gun pointed at her, there is nowhere for her to run and she can't fight back.

It's possible that Megadeath guy was one of the kidnappers. His accomplice could have been the one that was holding a gun to Deborah's head (either in the back room or behind the counter) to keep her quiet while Megadeath helped the customer so she wouldn't think anything was wrong. His job might have been to make sure the coast was clear so they could leave the store without anyone seeing them.

If Megadeath guy had nothing to do with the kidnapping and simply walked in to the store, found it empty and attempted to rob it, he would have taken some money. But no money was missing. Yet he went to the trouble of going behind the counter and pretending to be an employee of the store. That doesn't add up to me.

Just my thoughts. I could be way off.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #161
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
There was no signs of a struggle anywhere inside the convenience store. If someone tried to strangle you, there would be signs of a struggle. If someone tried to stab you with a knife, there would be signs of a struggle...as well as a ton of blood everywhere. However, if someone pointed a gun at you, there is not likely to be any signs of a struggle.

Most likely, Deborah was behind the counter and her kidnappers pulled out a gun. It's 3:00 in the morning so there are not going to be many customers around. There are no surveillance cameras (stupid, stupid, stupid!). If she's got a gun pointed at her, there is nowhere for her to run and she can't fight back.

It's possible that Megadeath guy was one of the kidnappers. His accomplice could have been the one that was holding a gun to Deborah's head (either in the back room or behind the counter) to keep her quiet while Megadeath helped the customer so she wouldn't think anything was wrong. His job might have been to make sure the coast was clear so they could leave the store without anyone seeing them.

If Megadeath guy had nothing to do with the kidnapping and simply walked in to the store, found it empty and attempted to rob it, he would have taken some money. But no money was missing. Yet he went to the trouble of going behind the counter and pretending to be an employee of the store. That doesn't add up to me.

There's just no evidence that there were any other people in the store when "Megadeth" was in there except the customer that just came in. If there was, then by now I'm certain that the police would have found that evidence and released it to the public.

Assuming that Ms. Poe was abducted at gunpoint, it would been a very rapid affair: The abductor draws and points his weapon, gives Ms. Poe instructions and then they leave the store. The killer was unlikely to bind her in the store as there may not be the necessary equipment to do so. He may also want to avoid a struggle that he might lose or having to use his weapon.

They then leave the store (apparently before the arrival of "Megadeth") and get into a waiting vehicle. They leave at least a minute or two before "Megadeth" arrives. Why do I think it happened like this? Because Megadeth seemed (from the customers description) to be somewhat confused about the store and its layout. He definitely was unfamiliar w/ the cash register.

Also, I believe that "Megadeth" actual was somewhat honest as he didn't clean out the store after the customer he served left and apparently didn't steal any money. Perhaps he was frightened or leery about additional customers or thought that maybe the police would arrive. In this, he seems to be more of a "customer" than the perpetrator of a crime.

Finally, why (if he was a abductor/killer) would he have let the customer that saw him escape? If he had wanted, he could have kidnapped her as well or simply killed her as she was (apparently) the only witness that saw him. There certainly wasn't anything stopping him from doing this.

Last edited by cocytus; 01-14-2011 at 06:35 AM.
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #162
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus
There's just no evidence that there were any other people in the store when "Megadeth" was in there except the customer that just came in. If there was, then by now I'm certain that the police would have found that evidence and released it to the public.

Assuming that Ms. Poe was abducted at gunpoint, it would been a very rapid affair: The abductor draws and points his weapon, gives Ms. Poe instructions and then they leave the store. The killer was unlikely to bind her in the store as there may not be the necessary equipment to do so. He may also want to avoid a struggle that he might lose or have to use his weapon.

They then leave the store (apparently before the arrival of "Megadeth") and get into a waiting vehicle. They leave at least a minute or two before "Megadeth" arrives. Why do I think it happened like this? Because Megadeth seemed (from the customers description) to be somewhat confused about the store and its layout. He definitely was unfamiliar w/ the cash register.

Also, I believe that "Megadeth" actual was somewhat honest as he didn't clean out the store after the customer he served left and apparently didn't steal any money. Perhaps he was frightened or leery about additional customers or thought that maybe the police would arrive. In this, he seems to be more of a "customer" than the perpetrator of a crime.

Finally, why (if he was a abductor/killer) would he have let the customer that saw him escape? If he had wanted, he could have kidnapped her as well or simply killed her as she was (apparently) the only witness that saw him. There certainly wasn't anything stopping him from doing this.

Why is it so hard to believe that someone who knew Deborah was responsible? Aren't most homicides committed by people who know the victim? I agree that it would be unlikely for "Megadeth" to stick around after the lady who bought the cigarettes left, especially if he was up to something nefarious. If two low lifes somehow went to the store to abduct Deborah, and one had her in the back at gunpoint, they obviously didn't mind taking their time since "Megadeth" decided to wait on a customer. After she left, he had plenty of time to empty the register and steal some other goods from the store since Deborah was already detained at that point. The fact that no money was missing tells me "Megadeth" was startled by the cigarette lady, and since he was up to no good, decided to get out of dodge before she called the police or another customer wandered in.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #163
alistaircrane
Frequent Poster

Heart

Quote:

Thank you. I agree!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #164
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Quote:

Kind of my thought too. One thing we know for sure is that this guy was NOT an employee of the store. Since there is such a mystery surrounding what happened all we have to work with is the "Megadeth" guy. If you ask me, he was involved only because it makes the most sense.

I am surprised more people haven't questioned the eyewitness statement. In my mind this is one of those situations where the desription of what happened seems too real to ignore so I am guessing we all pretty much believe this woman that there was a man behind the counter?
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #165
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
There is nothing "fun" about contorting a tragic event involving a real, living human being into some sort of scary campfire story.
Absolutely, Meg. Absolutely.