Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-18-2004, 07:19 PM   #1
Felix Na Vi Da
Frequent Poster

Default Convenience Store Kidnappings/Mystery Clerk

I just saw this story today did anyone else see this? A girl had been working the graveyard shift then went missing and then they later found out she wasn't the only girl that went missing. But the strangest thing is a clerk that nobody knew was working when she supposedly dissapered and nobody knew who he was? Was he the the abductor or just a guy? It was very weird was their any update on this?

I really want to know who this guy was.
Felix Na Vi Da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
Babydollz24
Frequent Poster

Wink

Yah, I saw that, it was freaky. You'd think that by now someone would have seen a guy that looks like that description. One of my profs actually could pass for that guy, cept he has shorter hair.
Babydollz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:59 AM   #3
DF Justin
Frequent Poster

i dunno if anyone here is familiar with the band slayer, but doesnt the guy in this segment wearing the megadeth shirt look like a jacked up muscular version of dave lombardo?
DF Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 07:03 AM   #4
crystaldawn

At first thought, you would assume that maybe he was her abductor (I believe her name was Debra Poe). But what was he doing in the store after the fact? No one heard anything in the back room, so she was probably already gone. I got to thinking, if he abducted her, why would he come back after he was done? I wondered if this guy just came in and saw no one was working and was going to take some things. Just a thought.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:08 AM   #5
dynoguy88

Default reply

I agree, crystaldawn. If the guy in the Megadeath shirt had kidnapped her, he sure as heck wouldn't have stayed around or behind and let himself be seen like that. He probably noticed that nobody was in the conveniance store so he went behind the counter to try and steal the money from the cash register or something.

It's too bad they didn't have any secuirty camers from the parking lot and inside the store. I think most conveniance stores have them now.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:56 AM   #6
Kane

Default Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by dynoguy88
If the guy in the Megadeth shirt had kidnapped her, he sure as heck wouldn't have stayed around or behind and let himself be seen like that.
My theroy is that his staying behind was spontaneous. I speculate that he knocked Debra Poe unconscious, or at least overpowered her to the point where she couldn't escape or cry for help. Then upon hearing the customer approach the store, he quickly hid her, and pretended to be the store clerk. Once the customer was accomodated and had left the store, the man resumed his criminal deed.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:13 PM   #7
PajamaYoga
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to PajamaYoga

Quote:
Originally posted by Kane
My theroy is that his staying behind was spontaneous. I speculate that he knocked Debra Poe unconscious, or at least overpowered her to the point where she couldn't escape or cry for help. Then upon hearing the customer approach the store, he quickly hid her, and pretended to be the store clerk. Once the customer was accomodated and had left the store, the man resumed his criminal deed.
Yeah, I have a theory similar to this. The kidnapper could have an accomplice holding her hostage in a back room, or he could have had her bound and gagged back there or behind the counter. Who knows?
PajamaYoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:13 PM   #8
johnnyangel
Forum Regular

Default My opinion

Yes I saw this, and this guy PROBABLY is/was not the killer/abductor of that lady.

He probably just walked in the store, found it empty, and walked around just like i would have probably done.

It doesnt fit the profile of an adbuctor to walk around and be seen by public and take the time to get somebody cigarettes, especially if the adbuctee (persumably still alive at the time) is left alone -- theyd try to escape.

So I think this guy was just somebody walking around.

Furthermore, it really inst possible that he had an accomplice holding her hostage because theyd both wanna get the heck out of there if that were the casem not dilly dally for an extra few minutes and walk casually around.
johnnyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #9
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

Is there anybody else who can confirm the "Megadeath" guy was in the store at the time other than the girl?? If not, I think the girl could have something to do with it. I don't know what to make of the Megadeath guy, his behaviour seems very unusual.

Any updates on this story?
AVERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #10
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVERMAN
Is there anybody else who can confirm the "Megadeath" guy was in the store at the time other than the girl?? If not, I think the girl could have something to do with it. I don't know what to make of the Megadeath guy, his behaviour seems very unusual.

Any updates on this story?
Let me guess..... this was just posted on youtube??
..well at least you used the search this time
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:25 PM   #11
dynoguy88

Default reply

I mentioned this before long ago, but it's hard to imagine why there were no security cameras in the store.

Was it common in 1990 for gas stations and conveniant stores to not have security cameras? I don't remember.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:01 AM   #12
wiseguy182

I've always leaned towards the Megadeath guy not being responsible.

If he is innocent, that must have been quite a predicament for him in the convienence store. He more or less would have encountered a double edged sword: on one hand, if he says to the customer that came in that he came in and there was no clerk, then the customer is probably going to think he is responsible, and is going to get out of there and call the police, who would subsequently question him and accuse him since he was the only one there and Poe had vanished. On the other hand, if he pretends to be the cashier, then he runs the risk of Poe coming back (which didn't happen, althought the guy might have rationalized that she was in the restroom or something) and believes he is stealing, and then she would have called the police. Would have been a no-win situation for him.

Here's why I don't believe the Megadeath guy is responsible: he just drew too much attention to himself. At one point he says "you shouldn't smoke cigarrettes, they're not good for you" or something like that. That's quite a memorable line, and I got the impression that the customer thought he was flirting with her. Plus, the Megadeath gear would be distinctive. I'm not sure if the clerks were required to wear uniforms or not. Plus, I believe he was quite tall and pretty well built. If he was guilty, he would probably would have figured that a customer could come in at any time and would get a look at him. He probably would have worn more plain clothes.

Interesting to note that we never see him opening the cash drawer. When the customer hands him the cash, he pretty much just sets it aside. I'm assuming there was no change, because the customer didn't get any. This could mean that he didn't want to seem like he was robbing the place in case Poe came back. Or it could mean that he had already cleaned it out and didn't want the customer to see it.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:29 AM   #13
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

There is only one "A" in the word Megadeth!
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #14
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invaderz
Let me guess..... this was just posted on youtube??
..well at least you used the search this time
Yes. Sadly, the UM boxset is unavailable in Australia as far as I know. I cant find it in any stores. I've been told that it's been coded to only work in North American DVD Players or something.
AVERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:14 AM   #15
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
There is only one "A" in the word Megadeth!
Another Megadeth fan? They're old skool stuff kicks ass!

I never really thought about the Megadeth man not being responsible for the disappearance of Debra Poe. It's just generally assumed he did it but as previously mentioned, why would you hang around the scene of the crime? Or maybe he was interupted or entered the shop and finding the attendant missing, decided to perhaps steal some cash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVERMAN
Yes. Sadly, the UM boxset is unavailable in Australia as far as I know. I cant find it in any stores. I've been told that it's been coded to only work in North American DVD Players or something.
So young... They are available at online DVD shops, Amazon or eBay, both US and AUS sellers stock them. Pretty cheap, I got the Ultimate Collection for around US $90 including priority postage. N yes they will play on any multi region player or a player that's been coded region free.
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote