Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 25, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Orders Lopez vs. Lopez Pilot; Tyler Perry's Sistas Renewed for Season Four
Fri-Yay: Are Ghosts and The Wonder Years the Saving Graces of Network Comedy?; Ghosts Receives Full Season Order
Butch Patrick Hosts Halloween Monster Bash on Classic Reruns TV; Harlem Starring Meagan Good Premieres Dec. 3
Fox Announces Special Post NFL January Premieres; TBS Comedy Wipeout Returns in January for Season 2
One Final Family Reunion on Netflix; Apple TV+ Announces Premiere Date for Harriet the Spy
GAC Family Acquires Classic Sony Sitcoms; Remembering Betty Lynn from The Andy Griffith Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June-October)

Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Deluxe Edition (100 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Standard Edition (50 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/24 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season 2
09/07 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-19-2021, 08:26 PM   #196
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGalexy View Post
So what do y'all think fellow posters? Was the Barclay family so welcoming of the imposter because they were trying to cover up something sinister, or were they merely innocent victims of a horrible scam? I'd love to hear some feedback on it!
Cover up. No doubt in my mind.

As I mentioned in my post.. Jason knew the truth and wasn't happy about it. That's my feeling. I think it's even possible that he was somewhat involved or responsible.. Maybe from a drug debt he owed or something Nicholas was involved in that got himself killed. This was no angel of a 13 year old.

Now, it's possible he killed him and was just no-selling.. But he was no-selling. Gently. Like what I might expect if he knew what happened but didn't want to get himself killed or the rest of the family hurt.

Jason.. I kinda wonder about the circumstances of that OD. Now, I feel i'm getting too conspiracy theory here if I say he was ODed to shut him up.. But he was the key to all this. I think if he lives, the truth comes out. At least eventually. You know, it's almost like Jason knew the call from Nicholas to give him a ride was a setup for HIM getting killed.. Refused, and Nicholas was killed in his place. I'm reaching, but that's not too far outside the lines, I don't think. Jason knew the truth and didn't seem to be hiding that he knew the truth.

There is no question to me the mother and sister knew that wasn't him. Now, I can buy ONE of them just falling for it because they NEEDED it to be him.. But both? Nope.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:37 PM   #197
Calliope68
Occasional Poster

Another great write up Crystal Dawn and me to the list for you starting a podcast! I have listened to some you have guested on and loved them.

As to what happened to Nicholas Barclay. IMHO I don't believe he is alive. If what his brother said was true and he refused to pick him up or wake up their Mother then this is what i think could have transpired:

Nick did get home by walking all the way probably fuming by the time he got home. He and his brother got into a fight which resulted in Nick's death. Accidently? Honestly I'd say 50-50 chance. I can see Nick being extremely mad after walking for so long and probably starting a physical altercation.
Now then I think the brother gets rid of the body figuring everyone would think he ran away since he had court the next day. All goes well until they get the call from Spain.
Up till this time I am not sure the Mother knew. She did have a substance abuse problem and could have slept through the fight.
Now the sister did not live with them so I don't think she knew and maybe so wanted this person to be Nick she had blinders on so to speak. The brother know it wasn't Nick assumed she would see him and realize that too. When she didn't he came clean to his Mother before they got home and they decided to go with it and pretend he was Nick. That would explain the ir not wanting prints,Dna or to talk to the authorities. ing
Its sad but I doubt we'll really ever know unless his remains are found or he himself turns up
Calliope68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:14 AM   #198
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn View Post
Thank you so much BlueGalexy, JC1957 and Kilarney Rose. Your kind words mean so much to me!

BlueGalexy, I completely agree with you about David Glenn Lewis but feel like I'm in the minority. He wasn't acting normal for a few days before he went missing and where he ultimately ended up made no sense. Definitely think some kind of mental struggle was at play.

Okay here is my latest entry. I had never heard of this case until recently but was completely shocked when I heard the details and knew I wanted to write about it.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/nichol...ay-a-cruel-con

Also recently I was once again honored to ask to appear on the great "Unfound" podcast where we talk about the Nyleen Kay Marshall case. Here is the link to that.
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...EegQIBhAF&ep=6
I think there was some mental issue at play here or even maybe a forgotten long ago head injury. Sometimes those w/o proper treatment can affect people many years down the line with no notice. It's just a sad story all around.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:19 AM   #199
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGalexy View Post
Great minds think alike mphs95, lol. I've tried to talk CD into podcasting, and while she hasn't started one yet, she has been kind enough to post a couple links to a few guest appearances she's done. In the meantime of course, our fellow poster Robin Warder has a delightful podcast called The Trail Went Cold.

Awesome article about the Barclay case BTW CD. I've been following that case for a while now, and probably have even more questions now than I started with, lol! I think it's safe to say that the dude who ripped off Barclay's identity and impersonated him is clearly a sociopath...at least IMO. Barclay's family though? That's a whole different kettle of fish if you ask me, and honestly...I still haven't figured them out. Was there criminal malfeasance at play, or were they simply traumatized loved ones who were hustled by a pro? I'm absolutely NOT making any accusations, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little suspicious of their behavior during the imposter's (somewhat underwhelming) performance.

So what do y'all think fellow posters? Was the Barclay family so welcoming of the imposter because they were trying to cover up something sinister, or were they merely innocent victims of a horrible scam? I'd love to hear some feedback on it!
I love TTWC. I'm a supporter on Patreon and I listen every week. The Path Went Chilly is growing on me, too.

As for the imposter, I think his mother and sister were just so desperate and to get the confirmation would confirm for them it wasn't Nicholas...which would make him missing again. Jason seemed to be a bit more realistic. That imposter looks NOTHING like Nicholas.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 01:40 PM   #200
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

Well after a long break I'm back at it writing for my blog. The latest missing person case was not featured on UM, but would have made a great segment. The 70 year old disappearance of Beverly Rose Potts. Here's a link if you'd like to check it out.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/beverl...il-in-the-park
Old 09-26-2021, 07:20 PM   #201
JC1957
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn View Post
Well after a long break I'm back at it writing for my blog. The latest missing person case was not featured on UM, but would have made a great segment. The 70 year old disappearance of Beverly Rose Potts. Here's a link if you'd like to check it out.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/beverl...il-in-the-park
Thanks for sharing this with us Crystaldawn. Seems unlikely the real truth to this will ever surface. What the poor Potts family went through was horrible since none of the leads panned out. Besides that it seems like no one could really verify Beverly was at the park until the very end of the show.
JC1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 08:20 PM   #202
infinityluxe
Frequent Poster

Blog is nice would be good to see some diversity. All I see is white people.
infinityluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:23 AM   #203
Gelatinous Goo
Frequent Poster

^^^

Oh, no. Not one of these...

Feel free to create your own blog and write about whatever and whoever you wish.
Gelatinous Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:03 AM   #204
JC1957
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityluxe View Post
Letís not start that crap.
JC1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:55 AM   #205
Killarney Rose
Frequent Poster

I agree.

Another great write up CrystalDawn!
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:33 AM   #206
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Write your own blog.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:47 PM   #207
freakbook

Quote:
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote