Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries > True Crime Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 18, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Could a Looming Strike Shut Down TV Production?; GAC Family Acquires Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Silver Spoons, and More
Dickinson Final Season Date Announced; Superstar: Robin Williams to Air Next Week (Oct. 20)
Antenna TV's Bewitched 24-Hour Halloween Marathon; Rewind TV's Sabrina Witch-O-Ween Marathon
Head of the Class Reboot Premieres Nov. 4, Guest Stars Robin Givens; The Bear Coming to FX
CBS Picks Up First 2 New Series for Full Seasons; On My Block Spinoff Series Cast Set
Netflix Orders That '90s Show Featuring Red and Kitty; Nash Bridges Movie Premieres Nov. 27 on USA Network

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June-October)

Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Deluxe Edition (100 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Standard Edition (50 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/24 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season 2
09/07 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

Default segments that were on Missing: Reward, hosted by Stacy Keach

Information on this show, which ran from 1989-1992, is pretty scarce on the internet. I was able to determine a number of cases which aired on the show, all of which are pretty fascinating.

Michael Adams - this had been pitched to UM, but denied. Teenager who was last seen outside his home sitting in his car with the engine running, talking to several people. Some believe that he was killed due to his knowledge of theft at his place of employement - a supermarket. Missing since 1987
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...s_michael.html

The Vosseler Children - 2 young boys who were kidnapped by their father in 1986. The father went to elaborate lengths to cover his tracks. Police seemed to be hot on his trail several times and there were numerous sightings throughout many states, but none of them have ever been located.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...r_william.html

Amy Mihaljevic - young girl who was abducted in 1989 from a shopping mall and later murdered. The perpetrator concocted a cunning ruse to snatch her: calling her house and claiming that he was a coworker of her mother's and wanted her help in buying a gift for her secret promotion, and asking her to meet him at the mall.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Mihaljevic

Toni Clark - young lady who disappeared on the San Francisco Bay Bridge one night in 1990. Her car had stalled on the bridge, and another vehicle had hit it. Witnesses saw a man lurking around her car, but it is not known if she was abducted, committed suicide or left on her own accord.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/clark_toni.html

The show also dealt with missing collectibles and other items, but those were obviously less interesting. Does anyone know of any other cases that have aired on this program? I would really like to know. Thanks.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

okay, I did some digging and it appears that the case of the 2 missing Michigan hunters from 1985 made it on there. This was briefly on UM when Stack profiled 10 rapid fire missing persons cases.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tyll_david.html
Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
rerungirl
Frequent Poster

Default A few other cases

I was a big fan of Missing: Reward and thought Stacy Keach did a terrific job as the host.

I remember a few more segments, but unfortunately, I don't recall the names of the victims. Maybe someone else can add some additional details:

Successful Asian business woman who stopped by her house on the way to a family celebration. Police believe she walked in on a burglar and was murdered. The victim always wore a very distinctive necklace and it was not found on the body. Missing: Reward showed a picture of the necklace in the hopes someone would remember seeing it after the murder was committed.

Very well liked cab driver who was murdered during one of his shifts. Seems like he also worked part time as a singer.

Jockey who died in a car wreck after being run off the road on a busy highway. The wreck occurred late at night and and authorities believe the jockey was targeted and it wasn't a random act of violence.

Young woman disappears after coming home from a concert. She and some friends had gone to a bar right after the concert was over and she had given her name and phone number to a couple of guys she met at the bar. She was looking for handymen/painters to work on her house and these men had told her they could do the work. Police aren't sure if the men she met had anything to do with her disappearance. Seems like the victim was a dancer, or had studied dance in college.

Young girl (maybe 10 or 11) rode her bike to a friend's house and became upset when her parents called and told her she had to come home early. She left the friend's house but never made it home. This was in a rural area and the road she took did not have a lot of traffic.

I'm sorry I don't have the names for any of the cases I mentioned. I only saw each of the segments once and that was a long time ago.
rerungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

Jacob Wetterling.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
The Vosseler Children - 2 young boys who were kidnapped by their father in 1986. The father went to elaborate lengths to cover his tracks. Police seemed to be hot on his trail several times and there were numerous sightings throughout many states, but none of them have ever been located.
OMG that father! One investigator thinks he selected the mother specifically to breed intelligent children and then take them. (He'd been married twice before, and told the ex that she was lucky they didn't have kids or he would have taken them from her.)

He planned this abduction for months and months, taking ALL the family photos, removing the mom's name from their bank accounts, cancelling her car payments without her knowledge, until the car was up for repossession. He stole many of her belongings, auctioned off items they had in storage, emptied their bank accounts. Before running off, he closed down his business and fired all his employees.

He was nearly discovered at one point while on the run, so burned down his house, car, and some other stuff and fled again. The guy is nuts.

His last known location was Oklahoma in 2006. The boys would have been adults by then. I wonder if this case were more highly publicized, they would recognize the situation of how they came into their father's custody and realize that they were missing, although I'm sure he's lied to them about their background.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:23 AM   #6
JenniferS.
Frequent Poster

I have some.

Amber Schwartz Garcia

Marilyn Monroe's red Diary

There was segment about a woman looking for her kidnapped girls by the father. And one was supposedly seen in front house standing buy car.

They had one about a hitchhiker that was picked up buy a family and killed this mans family and escaped prison saying he did enough time in a note he left.
JenniferS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:44 AM   #7
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

Nick Denoia ~ partner in the Chippendales business, his murderer would later turn out to be the other partner, who hung himself in jail.

Olympic National Park arsonist ~ serial arsonist operating in the Olympic National Park
http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...4&slug=1078820
http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...3&slug=1264249

Now this episode sounds interesting, minus the last part:
"Included: the possible link between the murders of two wealthy couples; an investigation into the harassment of a California couple; the search for the killers of a rare bird. Also: rewards are offered for vintage cereal boxes."

Sounds like a California version of the Wackers

They also did a segment on Loch Ness

I can't believe how ridiculous some of the missing "collectibles" segments sound. "The search for certain Barbie fashions and accessories", "The search for unusual salt and pepper shakers." I'm not making this stuff up.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #8
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Sounds like a California version of the Wackers
Wackers go Hollywood!

Quote:
I can't believe how ridiculous some of the missing "collectibles" segments sound. "The search for certain Barbie fashions and accessories", "The search for unusual salt and pepper shakers." I'm not making this stuff up.
I actually chortled out a little coffee reading about rewards for "vintage cereal boxes"--if I would have read the Barbie stuff first, I'm sure I would've spit it out completely.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:10 AM   #9
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

Continuing my research, I found a few more:

Denise Dansby ~ a woman from Forth Worth, TX in her mid 20's, who disappeared in 1988 while vacationing in Daytona Beach, FL. She was an epileptic and her parents feared she might be getting low on medication. Her car was found in a motel parking lot a few days after she was last seen. Her body turned up 8 months later, she had been the victim of a homicide.

Judge Corderman ~ Hagerstown, MD judge who was injured by a pipe bomb sent to him as a package.

And the search for vintage Hawaiian shirts....

Last edited by wiseguy182; 06-22-2014 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:14 AM   #10
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

a few more:

Lisa McBride ~ 27 year old New Jersey woman who disappeared in 1990, last seen entering her house after attending a concert. Her nearly skeletonized body was found some time later. AFAIK, this is still unsolved.

Russell Boyd and Levirl Toleman ~ 2 Idaho men in their mid 60's who were shot and killed while prospecting for gold in Nevada. Still unsolved as of 2009.

Catskills Treasure ~ Okay, now this sounds interesting. In 1984, a sweet reward was offered to the person who found an initaled rock in the Catskills Mountains
http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=3083,7380494
http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=3083,7380494
Old 08-29-2014, 08:22 PM   #11
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

I loved this show and would love to find complete episodes someday. FYI I won't post the links but if you type in the name and "Missing Reward" you can actually watch the Michael Adams, Amy Mihaljevic and the Vosseler children on YouTube.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 06:49 PM   #12
idol
Frequent Poster

One case I always remember from that show is someone or a group was throwing cement blocks off overpasses onto on coming traffic on the highway or turnpike (I think it was happening in GA if memory serves correct)
idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:12 PM   #13
lettucesolve1
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Information on this show, which ran from 1989-1992, is pretty scarce on the internet. I was able to determine a number of cases which aired on the show, all of which are pretty fascinating.

Michael Adams - this had been pitched to UM, but denied. Teenager who was last seen outside his home sitting in his car with the engine running, talking to several people. Some believe that he was killed due to his knowledge of theft at his place of employement - a supermarket. Missing since 1987
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...s_michael.html

Amy Mihaljevic - young girl who was abducted in 1989 from a shopping mall and later murdered. The perpetrator concocted a cunning ruse to snatch her: calling her house and claiming that he was a coworker of her mother's and wanted her help in buying a gift for her secret promotion, and asking her to meet him at the mall.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Mihaljevic

Toni Clark - young lady who disappeared on the San Francisco Bay Bridge one night in 1990. Her car had stalled on the bridge, and another vehicle had hit it. Witnesses saw a man lurking around her car, but it is not known if she was abducted, committed suicide or left on her own accord.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/clark_toni.html

The show also dealt with missing collectibles and other items, but those were obviously less interesting. Does anyone know of any other cases that have aired on this program? I would really like to know. Thanks.
Thanks for the info! I never watched this show, nor heard about it back then as a kid. I am gonna watch a few of them tonight. So they will be brand new episodes for me What caught me off guard was the 1-900 number which charged $2.00 for first minute, etc. WTF? At least UM had a toll free 1-800 number. Any story behind this? Personally I would be turned off by the 1-900 spin. And what if a poor person had crime info, yet no home phone or money to call?
lettucesolve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:29 AM   #14
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettucesolve1
Thanks for the info! I never watched this show, nor heard about it back then as a kid. I am gonna watch a few of them tonight. So they will be brand new episodes for me What caught me off guard was the 1-900 number which charged $2.00 for first minute, etc. WTF? At least UM had a toll free 1-800 number. Any story behind this? Personally I would be turned off by the 1-900 spin. And what if a poor person had crime info, yet no home phone or money to call?
Yeah, I always thought that was weird.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:07 AM   #15
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

HOLY MOSES!!

I know somebody mentioned this one in the Charley Project thread. Turns out this show profiled it and all the related ones.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/call_richard.html

http://articles.dailypress.com/1989-...reward-missing