Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-03-2021, 01:35 PM   #1
TKMetal
Millennial Member
Frequent Poster

Default MeTV+

Launching May 15th on WCIU 26.5 in Chicago and KMOH in Phoenix (Probably 6.3).

Quote:
Programming will be similar to the lineup of sitcoms and dramas on MeTV, according to Neal Sabin, vice chairman of Weigel Broadcasting and the creative force behind the networks. He described the spinoff as an experiment.

“With our company rapidly approaching broadcast coverage of a third of the country, it may make sense for us to launch networks primarily for our own station group as well as for the marketplace,” Sabin told me. “MeTV Plus may be the first of other new services we develop.”

Weekday programming will consist mainly of sitcoms and cop shows, with evenings featuring “Vega$,” “Hawaii Five-0” and “Mission: Impossible.” Late nights will include a rebroadcast of MeTV’s “Toon In with Me” (the morning cartoon show hosted by Bill Leff) at 11 p.m. followed by “Comedy Classics” (The Three Stooges, Laurel & Hardy and The Little Rascals) at midnight.
https://www.robertfeder.com/2021/05/...menu-metv-plus
TKMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:30 PM   #2
MRPITT

I wonder if MeToo is still around.

Edit: I guess not. They ditched MeToo and now they have METV Plus.
MRPITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:45 PM   #3
TVLegend

Yes! Sounds like 2021 is getting good with the recent announcement of Rewind TV then this.
TVLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:51 PM   #4
space1999
Occasional Poster

I guess MeTV+ is just a rebranding of MeToo, considering that word has completely new meaning in today's world than 10 years ago. I hope I can get the channel but it seems like its going to take awhile for the whole country to have it. I do like the idea that this secondary channel will feature more action/drama shows compared to the main channel which is just sitcom heavy.
space1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:06 AM   #5
LaBestia
Jeff Goldblum is my sweetheart
Forum Veteran

Lol

METV Plus? A second METV channel is in the works and it's gonna debut May 15th? No wonder why my METV station is off the air all this time because I wonder if my METV station is gonna return as METV Plus? Also in addition to the METV lineup will METV Plus still show Perry Mason Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Mannix? Because my mom has been missing those shows a lot but at least I know the real truth about why my METV station has been off the air so long. I believe the old METV Too channel is now Heroes And Icons but I hope METV Plus is great and it shows that METV is expanding their horizons and improving themselves well. Wonder what will be next? A METV theme park?
Bestie
Old 05-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #6
AMackII
Forum Fanatic

In my view, MeTV Plus should succeed once it launches on May 15. It should be 100% classic format like MeTV, Antenna TV, Buzzr & Rewind TV(once it launches on September 1).
AMackII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 12:42 PM   #7
merlinjones
Frequent Poster

Cartoons at night? Count Me in!

Hurry into LA market!
merlinjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:12 PM   #8
cnnbcbs
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by space1999 View Post
I guess MeTV+ is just a rebranding of MeToo, considering that word has completely new meaning in today's world than 10 years ago. I hope I can get the channel but it seems like its going to take awhile for the whole country to have it. I do like the idea that this secondary channel will feature more action/drama shows compared to the main channel which is just sitcom heavy.
Less than half of MeTV's daily schedule is sitcoms.
cnnbcbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:15 PM   #9
SitcomsHeydayfan

They should show some of those obscure older sitcoms & shows that you don't see in reruns like My Mother the Car & Dusty's Trail.
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:23 PM   #10
LUNCH

I guess it's good as long as it does not replace MeTV.
LUNCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:48 PM   #11
icecream
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Fanatic

Other than Hawaii 5-O, this channel doesn't sound worth much yet. Flagship Me TV is a lot better, and Decades is even stronger than MeTV. MeTV Plus coming would not be a good thing if it meant that had affiliates in places instead of Decades.
icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:42 PM   #12
MRPITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
They should show some of those obscure older sitcoms & shows that you don't see in reruns like My Mother the Car & Dusty's Trail.
My Mother The Car has been on AntennaTV and GetTV recently.

Dustys Trail is available free on Tubi.
MRPITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:16 PM   #13
Charley Knox
Forum Regular

Wondering if the H-B cartoons will show up on the new channel?
Charley Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:14 PM   #14
favoriteshow
Frequent Poster

I assume they mean the classic Hawaii Five-O? Why can't the classic Hawaii Five-O go to Heroes & Icons? I think PlutoTV is running a channel for Hawaii Five O anyways.

Between MeTV, Decades and H&I, Weigel already has three outlets with overlapping focus, and this channel will just be overflow of content. Weigel seem to be content keeping Decades niche with limited availability and crappy clearances, that I can't see MeTV Plus being any better.

In the Philly area, I assume it will go to low VHF WDPN 2 which is already the MeTV/H&I/Decades affiliate. Grit might leave since the ION station now airs Grit. Comcast agreed to carry Decades but FIOS has balked likely because a retransmission fee goes back to Weigel, than it being a free digitnet.
favoriteshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:39 PM   #15
denny
Occasional Poster

Has anyone found a schedule for this channel yet. Other than the 5 shows that they mentioned I am hearing it will consist of shows that METV has not shown in a while plus pulling shows from Decades and H&I channel.
denny is offline   Reply With Quote