Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu's Solar Opposites Renewed for 4th Season; Sundance Now's Motherland Returns July 8
MeTV Summer 2021 Schedule, Monk Joins Lineup; HBO Max Sets Cast for Period Comedy
New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-23-2020, 12:22 AM   #46
Old School
Forum Regular

Default MeTV Sucks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan View Post
wonder what the fall schedule look like
Just like the Summer schedule with 2 or 3 minor changes:

The MeTV Network announced their fall schedule that will begin on Labor Day Monday, Sept. 7, 2020. Not many changes are occurring though.

Returning to the lineup after a short hiatus is Gilligan's Island! Gilligan and the castaways will air weekdays at 7am, replacing The Beverly Hillbillies, which will now only air Saturday mornings. The rest of the weekday schedule is exactly the same.

On Saturday late nights, there will be two changes: Kolchak: The Night Stalker at 12am (replacing The Invaders) and The Invaders at 5am (replacing Planet of the Apes, which is off the lineup).

On Sunday nights, The Twilight Zone half-hour episodes will air at 12am and 12:30am instead of the hour-long ones.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:47 PM   #47
retroTVfan4ever
PAS/IHE
Forum 4K Club Member

The problem I have with MeTV and the other retro channels is they no longer televise shows in full screen format, there are black bars on the screen instead of a full screen picture and it looks awful. Thank goodness for DVD's where the shows are formatted properly in full screen mode. So I mostly watch DVD's now and seldom watch the retro channels. These channels could go out of business and go off the air and I wouldn't miss them at all.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 02:55 AM   #48
LaBestia
Jeff Goldblum is my sweetheart
Forum Veteran

Now since yesterday METV is having problems again and I don't know what is causing it? Mom told me that she couldn't watch The Andy Griffith Show Gomer Pyle USMC Green Acres Perry Mason The Alfred Hitchcock Hour and Mannix due to this problem. I checked my TV to see if METV had problems there and the same thing happened. My mom thinks that the tower got snowed in because I live near mountains and every time a winter storm comes the antenna channels don't come in. I hope METV fixes this problem by tomorrow because Mom wants to see Perry Mason
Bestie
Old 11-20-2020, 09:14 PM   #49
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

The real problem with ME-TV is their programming
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:51 PM   #50
TVLegend

Quote:
The real problem with ME-TV is their programming
Now MeTV might have it’s faults and the channel has probably deteriorated over the years, but I still enjoy it. Do watch cartoons? Is so, you might watch MeTV more as some are coming to the channel in 2021.
TVLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:55 PM   #51
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLegend View Post
Now MeTV might have itís faults and the channel has probably deteriorated over the years, but I still enjoy it. Do watch cartoons? Is so, you might watch MeTV more as some are coming to the channel in 2021.
If they can flip their 8pm to 11pm schedule with their 12am to 3am schedule I would be watching.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:06 PM   #52
TVLegend

Quote:
If they can flip their 8pm to 11pm schedule with their 12am to 3am schedule I would be watching.
I watch The Flintstones, Happy Days, Gomer Pyle, Green Acres, and Carol Burnett weeknights. I seldom watch The Andy Griffith Show. But I must admit there primetime lineup does need a change It’d be nice to see Mama’s Family in primetime again and I wish MeTV would start airing the hourlong version of The Carol Burnett Show they’ve been airing the same old 30 minute cut episodes for half a decade it gets repetitive after a while.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:12 PM   #53
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Addict

Quote:
I watch The Flintstones, Happy Days, Gomer Pyle, Green Acres, and Carol Burnett weeknights. I seldom watch The Andy Griffith Show. But I must admit there primetime lineup does need a change It’d be nice to see Mama’s Family in primetime again and I wish MeTV would start airing the hourlong version of The Carol Burnett Show they’ve been airing the same old 30 minute cut episodes for half a decade it gets repetitive after a while.

I watch Perry Mason, In the heat of the night, The Waltons , Flintstones , Green Acres, Brady Bunch and Laverne & Shirley
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:16 PM   #54
TVLegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl View Post
I watch Perry Mason, In the heat if the night, The Waltons , Flintstones , Green Acres, Brady Bunch and Laverne & Shirley
I watch much more than that. I actually see myself enjoying MeTV better than Antenna TV Cozi TV and Decades. With me, MeTV is my favorite retro channel followed by Decades, Antenna TV, and Cozi TV . I mostly only watch Cozi TV for their dramas they have a weak selection of show how long and how many times are you gonna shove Frasier, The Office, The Nanny, and Will & Grace down our throats? Well, at least the good thing about Cozi TVís sitcom selections is that one of them is The Munsters.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:52 PM   #55
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Quote:
I watch The Flintstones, Happy Days, Gomer Pyle, Green Acres, and Carol Burnett weeknights. I seldom watch The Andy Griffith Show. But I must admit there primetime lineup does need a change Itíd be nice to see Mamaís Family in primetime again and I wish MeTV would start airing the hourlong version of The Carol Burnett Show theyíve been airing the same old 30 minute cut episodes for half a decade it gets repetitive after a while.
I would love to watch Happy Days, Gomer Pyle and Carol Burnett from 12am to 2am
Old 11-20-2020, 11:22 PM   #56
TVLegend

Quote:
I would love to watch Happy Days, Gomer Pyle and Carol Burnett from 12am to 2am
You watch Carol Burnett?
Old 11-20-2020, 11:47 PM   #57
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Quote:
You watch Carol Burnett?

Yes the one that does the comedy sketches. it was episode with Isabel Sanford playing Maude's Maid and her name was New jersey lol
Old 11-20-2020, 11:55 PM   #58
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Quote:
You watch Carol Burnett?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDG1OBh7C1g
Old 11-20-2020, 11:56 PM   #59
TVLegend

Quote:
Yes the one that does the comedy sketches. it was episode with Isabel Sanford playing Maude's Maid and her name was Georgia
I thought it was Jew Jersey but yeah that was a roflmao sketch reminded me of the Mary Hartman Mary Hartman parody I didnít know Isabel Sanford was a semi regular on The Carol Burnett Show where have I been this whole time do you like The Family sketches and Carol and Sis sketches those are one of my favorite sketches?
Old 11-20-2020, 11:58 PM   #60
TVFactFan
Forum Addict

Quote:
I thought it was Jew Jersey but yeah that was a roflmao sketch reminded me of the Mary Hartman Mary Hartman parody I didnít know Isabel Sanford was a semi regular on The Carol Burnett Show where have I been this whole time do you like The Family sketches and Carol and Sis sketches those are one of my favorite sketches?
it was NJ I was wrong lol