Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Green Acres links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Green Acres Photo Gallery

Green Acres - The Complete First Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete First Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Second Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Third Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season

Buy Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season on DVD
Green Acres - Complete Series

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Green Acres

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #16
PhoenixAcres

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffbronson
I seem to recall Fred Ziffel calling out to his wife on Petticoat Junction with a name other than Doris. Maybe in S1, Ep 1 of PJ (or whenever he debuted).
It was probably late season 1 or early season 2. Checking IMDB, Barbara Pepper appeared in three episodes of PJ, all in 1964. Doris' original name was "Ruthie", but this was changed in subsequent appearances.
PhoenixAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:31 PM   #17
PhoenixAcres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday
I'm watching Season 1 now from the DVDs and I just saw the episode where "Alph" first arrives thru the floor(!) when supposedly installing indoor plumbing. When he introduces himself his name is not Alph. Also there is no Ralph on the scene either.
Yep, this was one of the early episodes before Alf & Ralph were introduced (which was episode 15). Sid Melton was playing a different character entirely (Ed Ferguson) who never appeared again and/or was morphed into the Alf character.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:26 PM   #18
Pegbars
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph1l
One I noticed the other day is in the opening titles. Lisa says she's allergic to hay but she sneezes in Manhattan.
That's a good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph1l View Post
I spotted a continuity error in the opening credits. Lisa's bracelet moves from her wrist to the middle of her forearm when Oliver and her are standing together in front of the house at the end of the credits.
That's not a continuity error. It's a small difference borne from the act of filming with one camera and a person moving around between setups. A continuity error would be if she had it on the other arm, or it disappeared entirely. You can't expect someone's hair, clothes, pieces of straw on the ground, etc. to remain frozen between shots that may have been filmed hours apart.
Pegbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:56 AM   #19
vitoscotti
Frequent Poster

Arnold fluctuates from being a big male pig to a smaller female. Then eventually they settle on the smaller female.

The Douglas bedroom closet is basically outside. So is the shower. Also no glass, just open air in the bedroom window.

Oliver and Lisa aren't poor. Why dont they invest in the farm and spruce it up. Totally fix up the place. Buy a new a tractor. I know then no show.
vitoscotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:37 PM   #20
TheLittleFaerie
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar77 View Post
I think the biggest inconsistency for me was having the Douglas family meet the Clampett family and later the Hooterville citizens parody The Beverly Hillbillies.

But I guess Petticoat Junction did the same thing but in a slighter version.
I don't think the Beverly Hillbillies could exist in the Green Acres universe. Green Acres takes place in a surreal, twilight zone type universe, whereas the B. Hillbillies's world seemed normal for the most part.

I notice in the Beverly Hillbillies when the Clampetts visited Hooterville, that Hooterville was more normal and not surreal like in Green Acres.
TheLittleFaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:14 AM   #21
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffbronson View Post
I seem to recall Fred Ziffel calling out to his wife on Petticoat Junction with a name other than Doris. Maybe in S1, Ep 1 of PJ (or whenever he debuted).
oh, so they DID show the Ziffels on PJ! I asked once on here if they ever did and someone said no.
Well then did they ever show Alf and Ralph Monroe, Mr. Kimble, Mr. Trendle or Newt Kiley on PJ? I know on one of the later PJ episodes they showed Mr. Haney in one scene.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:03 AM   #22
biffbronson
"My Three Sons" Fan

Newt Kiley (Kay Kuter) appeared many times on Petticoat Junction.

With regard to the Ziffels, note that I only said that Fred called out to his wife. I can’t confirm that she ever did or didn’t appear on PJ. Fred was seen with his hogs very early on.
biffbronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #23
PhoenixAcres

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky View Post
oh, so they DID show the Ziffels on PJ! I asked once on here if they ever did and someone said no.
Well then did they ever show Alf and Ralph Monroe, Mr. Kimble, Mr. Trendle or Newt Kiley on PJ? I know on one of the later PJ episodes they showed Mr. Haney in one scene.
Yeah all 3 Ziffels appeared on PJ. The only other GA characters to appear were Mr. Drucker (regular on both shows), Newt, the Douglases, Eb, and Haney.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:50 AM   #24
PhoenixAcres

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleFaerie View Post
I don't think the Beverly Hillbillies could exist in the Green Acres universe. Green Acres takes place in a surreal, twilight zone type universe, whereas the B. Hillbillies's world seemed normal for the most part.

I notice in the Beverly Hillbillies when the Clampetts visited Hooterville, that Hooterville was more normal and not surreal like in Green Acres.
Yeah I agree. BH could be weird but never outright surreal like GA. The Clampetts seemed to only visit the PJ section of Hooterville which was more in line with their series.

No BH characters ever appeared on GA. Every time they mentioned it, it was referred to as just a TV show.