Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Roseanne links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Roseanne Photo Gallery

Roseanne - The Complete First Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Roseanne

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-13-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
desilu #1
Lucy/Desi 4-EVER
Forum Regular

Default Jackie

I'm sorry if this was ever discussed before, but Jackie drives me nuts! I do think she had some funny moments, but she really gets on my nerves. For instance, in that episode where she sees that therapist, she tells her that Rosanne is too controlling and butts in her life too much. I'm sorry, but Jackie PUTS Rosanne in that situation! She whines and cries about stuff and leaves it for others to clean it up for her. This is just ONE episode that Jackie makes no sense.
desilu #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
coffield3
<3

I always say that Roseanne was more like a mom to Jackie, than a sister. I love her character though, especially her serious moments. Laurie Metcalf is a great actress in my opinion

ღღღ
coffield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
A.D.A. Casey Novak
Frequent Poster

I liked Jackie in the first few seasons. But then something odd happened. Very odd. I don't know if LM developed some sort of illness or chemical imbalance. Perhaps she is ill which may help explain things. As her hair grew shorter (after the birth of her son), her eyes grew larger...and larger...and larger. I used to wonder how it would be possible to keep your eyes wide open like that without blinking for such an extended period of time. Especially considering the harsh lighting used while filming. And her voice seemed to undergo a drastic change at the same time. The pitch heightened considerably (think Don Knotts). I do hope LM isn't suffering from a serious disease. Such a pity.
A.D.A. Casey Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:10 AM   #4
TracknField_Rebel
Frequent Poster

I always luved Jackie, especially in the first 3-4 seasons....after that....her role kinda silly....but still great....To me she always had the most funny scenes....I agree about the complaining part...She was always at Roseanne´s house, telling her anything and everything about her life...and wanted her to help her solve those problems...then...when Roseanne did...and things didn´t go the way Jackie wanted them...she blamed Roseanne and told her to stay outta her life...until the next day and the next problem came along...lol...but that´s what made her character so funny, too.

the bible
TracknField_Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
Hughsgirl
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.A. Casey Novak
I liked Jackie in the first few seasons. But then something odd happened. Very odd. I don't know if LM developed some sort of illness or chemical imbalance. Perhaps she is ill which may help explain things. As her hair grew shorter (after the birth of her son), her eyes grew larger...and larger...and larger. I used to wonder how it would be possible to keep your eyes wide open like that without blinking for such an extended period of time. Especially considering the harsh lighting used while filming. And her voice seemed to undergo a drastic change at the same time. The pitch heightened considerably (think Don Knotts). I do hope LM isn't suffering from a serious disease. Such a pity.
Now that you point all this out, it did seem her looks changed enough to make someone think she was ill. I never really payed attention before. Interesting.
Hughsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #6
Lodee

I never paid attention to Jackie's appearance changing either. Now it makes me want to go check it out on an episode. What season is Nick At Nite showing these days? Or is Roseanne on another channel?
Lodee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:01 PM   #7
coffield3
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.A. Casey Novak
Huh? Were you watching a different show? Yes she changed but come on that is insulting.
coffield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:44 AM   #8
Hughsgirl
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodee
I never paid attention to Jackie's appearance changing either. Now it makes me want to go check it out on an episode. What season is Nick At Nite showing these days? Or is Roseanne on another channel?
I don't know about Nick at Nite, but where I live, we are DVRing it off of Oxygen.
Hughsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote