Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Moesha links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Moesha Photo Gallery

Moesha - The First Season

Buy Moesha - The First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Moesha

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu's Solar Opposites Renewed for 4th Season; Sundance Now's Motherland Returns July 8
MeTV Summer 2021 Schedule, Monk Joins Lineup; HBO Max Sets Cast for Period Comedy
New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-28-2001, 04:38 AM   #1
Meeta25
Occasional Poster

Question Can we save Moesha?

Is there anything that we can do to save Moesha? We have to keep her on the air for at least two more years. Maybe CBS will pick the show back up!! Any suggestions?
Meeta25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 08:40 AM   #2
ThomasE
Forum Fanatic

I seriously doubt if CBS will pick it up. I don't think it is getting the recognition it deserves.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 05:50 PM   #3
Meme35
Occasional Poster

yeah i wish Moesha would pick back up with where it left off at. I am a huge fan of the show. I think it was a well written sitcom for the 90's. I don't know what happened to the show, I watched it one week and hadn't seen a continue every since. I would like to know what actually happened to the show. Does anyone know?

------------------

Tameka
Meme35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 05:52 AM   #4
Meeta25
Occasional Poster

Her movie was #1 for a most of her time on the air. If it wasn't for Moesha, The Parkers wouldn't have got their own show. Besides the Parkers aren't as funny as it was when it first came on.Moesha was just getting good again. In an excluisve interview with RayJ, He stated that Brandy and her family had no intentions of canceling the show. They were all prepared to go abck for the 7th season. They should habe taken GIRLFRIENDS off the air. I have that show.........
Old 08-15-2001, 03:30 PM   #5
danithang
Frequent Poster

I'm glad Moesha got taken off, because they messed up putting Hakeem and Moesha together.
danithang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 08:22 AM   #6
ThomasE
Forum Fanatic

Mo' and Hakeem's relationship did not mess up the show, the show was fine.
Old 08-22-2001, 07:35 PM   #7
Meeta25
Occasional Poster

Putting Hakeem and Moesha together was the bomb!! They made a great couple. The show slipped in ratings a couple of percents amd they just up and canceled it on the spot. Still a lot of people loved the show. Networks never want black shows to stay on top. Granted The Parkers, The Hughleys, & Girlfriends are also black shows, but Moesha was doing really well and they didn't want to see that. I am so angry about this. People are writing UPN protesting the cancellation. Those of you who haven't written yet, go to the UPN site and voice your opinions, hey, who knows it might help!!
Old 09-03-2001, 06:33 PM   #8
danithang
Frequent Poster

Putting Hakeem and Moesha together did mess up the show. I do think it lost it's flavor when Kim left, but it was still watchable, until they matched Hakeem and Moesha together. Hakeem and Moesha had chemistry as friends, but not as a couple. Hakeem and Kim on the other hand did have chemistry together as a couple because it was interesting with them, cause they always argued, but you knew they liked each other. When Hakeem liked Kim he didn't act like a lovesick puppy like he did when he liked Moesha. When Hakeem started liking Moesha he wasn't funny anymore, but he was when Kim was on the show. Moesha and Hakeem were worse than when they put Steve and Laura from Family Matters together.
Old 09-04-2001, 09:11 AM   #9
ThomasE
Forum Fanatic

Laura and Steve on Fam Matters was messed up. As much as I loved that show, they just didn't seem like the greatest couple.
Old 12-04-2001, 10:59 AM   #10
ThomasE
Forum Fanatic

I am wondering if the cast would be up for doing a 7th and final season just to tie up loose ends.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:14 AM   #11
danithang
Frequent Poster

I don't think there will be a 7th season, it's over we're going to have to move on. Brandy is now working on her music career and now that she's married and pregnant I don't think she wants to come back to a sitcom anytime soon, especially Moesha since she hated the character anyway. Secondly, there were too many creative differences behind the scenes so I doubt anyone wants to come back, that's why everybody left in the first place. Finally, nobody is going to pick it up especially if Brandy does not want to come back and frankly I don't think anybody would have picked it up anyway. I glad that Brandy's finally moving on and starting her music career up again and starting a family.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #12
hillman
Occasional Poster

TV Brandy Cinderella

i would like to know if there was Someone on Sitcoms Online who might have The Brandy Cinderella TV Movie DVD so if they have it could you please Post on The Moesha Photo Gallery Some New DVD Screen Captures of Brandy as Cinderella thats in both in Rags and Ballgown so please Contact me at hillsstuart2@msn.com so that i may be able to Tell you on what Brandy Cinderella Scenes to look for to on The Gallery, Hillman
hillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 05:40 AM   #13
TMC
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danithang View Post
I don't think there will be a 7th season, it's over we're going to have to move on. Brandy is now working on her music career and now that she's married and pregnant I don't think she wants to come back to a sitcom anytime soon, especially Moesha since she hated the character anyway. Secondly, there were too many creative differences behind the scenes so I doubt anyone wants to come back, that's why everybody left in the first place. Finally, nobody is going to pick it up especially if Brandy does not want to come back and frankly I don't think anybody would have picked it up anyway. I glad that Brandy's finally moving on and starting her music career up again and starting a family.
There are several factors that I've gathered towards why Moesha came to an end in 2001 after six seasons:
  • The show became more expensive to produce with Brandy getting pay increases for her role and producer credit. Brandy's salary was only somewhere around $85k per episode. That maybe nowhere near the other leading actresses on the major networks at the time, but much more than other actors/actresses on UPN.
  • There was a lot of conflict behind the scenes with casting, writing and production.
  • Plus, Brandy and Sonja Norwood wanted Brandy to have an Executive Producer title and the other EP's would not agree. Brandy also felt she was missing out on other opportunities by being tied to the Moesha schedule most of the year.
  • The network decided to cut their losses with Moesha and focus on The Parkers and Girlfriends.
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote