Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #211
jjmcgr
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but there's another new book about this case, called "Hunting A Psychopath" by Richard Shelby (presumably not the long-time Alabama senator). As of this moment, there are just 5 copies left on Amazon. It's a big'en at 476 pages.
Shelby was one of the Sacramento detectives. Famous for allegedly predicting where the next attack was going to be...
jjmcgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #212
Awsi Dooger

I sampled more of Quasar's site. Auto wrecking makes a heck of a lot of sense, far beyond any other version I've seen. Years ago I tired of the related A&E board largely because of all the preoccupation with military and/or real estate connection. That seemed sloppy and illogical, given the variables in play.

EAR had to have access to numerous vehicles. I've always been certain about that. Not 3 or 5 but a huge number and an ever-changing allotment. He's not worried about scanning neighborhoods at all hours of the day and night largely because the same vehicle won't be noticed and potentially described. It may look out of place but the next day there's a different version, if not a different version later the same day. That essentially cuts EAR's vulnerability in half. His lurkings on foot are subject to repeated notice but since he's rather standard at 5-9 and thin it links him with a major chunk of the population. The car is more problematic. And since it's not the same car as a day or week earlier, anyone suspicious about the kid concludes it's probably not the same guy.

Even if EAR's car is noticed with the tag number copied down and reported, EAR doesn't have normal danger along those lines since it's a stolen tag from another junkyard vehicle.

Constantly buying cars makes little sense, even if using cash to make the purchases more difficult to trace. The volume here is simply too high, and the offenses within a tight time frame.

The 99% estimate might not be as much of an exaggeration as I asserted yesterday. It can't be that high but if an individual fitting the age and geographical requirements can be found within that auto wrecking community, I'd say we're closer than ever before. Logically, EAR could not have been a low level employee. He'd need trusted access to the lot, and vehicles at his disposal. Family ownership indeed makes sense.

Quasar loves exhaustive detail. That can lead askew, as I've mentioned many times. He seldom varies his approach. In this case he can't let go of the auto wrecking angle, even when it's no longer nearly as relevant, like the Goleta episodes. EAR is not known in that area. He hasn't been a weekly or monthly terror, like Sacramento years earlier. Consequently he has far greater margin and room to vary his approach.

I sampled some of Quasar's other works. He seemingly investigates every major true crime case, like so many of the obsessive types with connections to Tom Voigt's Zodiac site. Perhaps Voigt snarled at them so dependably they decided to detour elsewhere to catch a brief breather. I'm not nearly as impressed with Quasar's work in other cases. For example, he dismisses the Kathleen Johns Zodiac incident due to fixation on the description of exactly where her car was located, and Johns' estimate of the offender's weight. Who the heck cares? That really has danger of a wrongful conclusion, as opposed to the big picture. I noticed Quasar has a planned segment devoted to D.B. Cooper. If he attaches his normal reliance on trivial matters like reported eye color, Quasar is a major candidate to wander everywhere and botch that conclusion as well, as opposed to merely aligning yourself with massive boring probability and Richard Floyd McCoy.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:29 AM   #213
Awsi Dooger

I wish the Quester Files guy good luck on his EAR suspect. But he completely lost me tonight when I read a blurb in his EAR segment regarding copycats and folklore. He's obviously going to make the D.B. Cooper case far beyond what it was, merely a first attempt by Richard Floyd McCoy that went wrong when he lost the vast majority of the cash during the jump.

There is a link to a future examination of the Cooper case on the Quester website. But he already hints to the absurdity of his examination in this paragraph on the EAR site:

"The only genuine individual “copycat” crimes, where a successful crime inspired a crime wave, are the kind like those skyjackings that followed D.B. Cooper’s success in 1971. A few other guys tried to get away with robbing airlines. Each was caught. None tried to make themselves appear to be D.B. Cooper. They were merely inspired by his success."

That is simply world class ignorance. But I suspected as much, given the obsessive detail that this guy prefers, as opposed to logical wide scope.

People who drive automobiles, that's an extremely large block. People who play golf, that's another huge number, although sadly declining. People who commit murder, that's a sharp, sharp decline, bordering on fractional but hardly unheard of. After all, there are widespread opportunities. People everywhere. Targets. Certain advantages, like darkness. People can fit inside buildings and cars. People can fit most anywhere. Lots of those places provide cover. Most of the variables can be identified beforehand.

Airplanes, that's another matter. Not nearly as many of them as people. Kind of an awkward target because you don't find airplanes on every street corner. A hijacker or skyjacker is mostly stuck with the prospect of invading the plane either at an airport, or in the sky after previously dealing with an airport.

None of this is ideal. I propose it's the reason we don't have a channel devoted exclusively to Skyjackers or Hijackers, as opposed to all those channels dealing with food or murder. Otherwise I'll bet the over on reruns.

So when one skyjacker case in history is somehow considered a mystery, the sample size of potential perpetrators is extraordinarily low, considering all the variables in play. The FBI doesn't seem to grasp this. They'll chase any absurd flimsy claim, like Duane Weber. I shouldn't even single that one out because others are equally ridiculous.

Not everything is going to fit, like recollection of eye color. To so many of these cyber sleuths, or even FBI agents, a detail like that somehow attains considerable weight when it should be nothing at all. The fact that McCoy pulled off a virtually identical crime months later is extraordinary evidence that he was Cooper, given the surreal burden of that type of crime.

If maybe 3 or 4 people in history are known to have seriously attempted it, and we have one "unsolved" example, I know where I'm looking first. Somehow the Creative Prosecutors and detectives of the world have no trouble looking first and foremost at immediate relatives and friends on every other case, but the closest kin to this type of crime is comfortably excluded. It would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic.

I would isolate McCoy even if I didn't know anything about that bizarre trip he took to Las Vegas from Provo in the wee hours preceding the Cooper event. Once you include that info, it's a lock, if you know anything about probability and aren't fixated on comparative trivia.

Quasar absurdly claims that McCoy, as one of the so-called copycats, didn't bother to emulate Cooper. McCoy obviously sensed that he took too many precautions during the Cooper event, including launching his day from a faraway airport, and jumping into the middle of nowhere. I don't doubt that he blamed losing the money during the first jump partially on all the bells and whistles he took toward deflection, losing focus on more important details, like how much that darn money would weigh, and how to secure it during a jump.

In the followup skyjacking, McCoy showed disdain for the authorities and FBI, concluding they were mostly blundering boobs. So he jumped nearly smack into his own backyard.

McCoy has mostly been proven correct in his assessment of FBI caliber during the subsequent 4+ decades after his death. I had to laugh tonight when somebody on this site proposed that the FBI was gaining ground on Brad Bishop, with new details that they haven't released. Just as likely, the FBI only recently found out about Facebook. "Family Annihilator" for Bishop's monicker is right up there with "Golden State Killer" for EAR.

Quasar no doubt will hyperventilate over every irrelevant Cooper detail and completely whiff the big picture, like so many before him.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:13 AM   #214
wiseguy182

I need to get back into the scheme of things on the Quester Files website, now that most of the links seem to be working again. For awhile, many of them weren't.

I just had a disturbing thought. The site mentions 49 attacks that have been attributed to ONS/EAR. The number of women alleging Bill Cosby of rape just surpassed the 50 mark. I have a terrible fear ONS/EAR could come out of "retirement" because he may view his mark as having been passed by somebody else. Or perhaps ONS/EAR may send some anonymous letters to authorities that would link him to more attacks, so he could "regain his lead." He seemed to get a lot of jollies off on the publicity and notoriety he was getting.

Then again, who knows how many women Cosby has raped. The number (sadly) just keeps rising with no end in sight. As Patton Oswalt said, he's probably raped hundreds of women. Having read about and seen interviews with several of the victims going into detail about the attacks, the whole thing is rather sickening. He's a pig, plain and simple.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:33 AM   #215
wiseguy182

What do you all think about the oddities associated with his voice? It's frequently reported that he whispered, but I can't imagine why he would feel the need to do this, since police very rarely do voice recognition tests, plus they'd have to round him up as a suspect first (which never happened because his DNA isn't on file anywhere).

The only thing I can think of was that several people mentioned his voice seemed high-pitched for a male, so perhaps he had a distinctive voice that would have been more noticeable.

The stuttering and stammering is also an interesting angle, though it's reported he frequently laid red herrings and this would almost certainly have to be one of them.

I read somewhere, I think it was the A & E boards, that there was some speculation he might be British. I have no idea if he is or not, but could that be another possible explanation for the stuttering? That he was trying so hard to sound American that he kept repeating syllables?

Perhaps that's a little far-fetched, but I think his voice might be an overlooked clue. It's also important to note he talked a lot more than necessary, often just repeating the same things over and over and mentioning a lot of unnecessary things.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:29 AM   #216
wiseguy182

At this point, I have read the 49 (!!) reports of rape and robbery (though I think I missed a few here and there due to links not working) and I have yet to read about the detailed reports when he started murdering in regular fashion (although the Maggiore murders had happened by this point, though that was almost certainly an outlier and an impromptu double homicide).

Anyways, one thing I noticed was that several of the reports mentioned he had drank Coors beer, and in one case had even brought it with him as the owner(s) didn't stock Coors beer in their house. Perhaps even more importantly, in the very last attack before he turned regular murderer, the man of the house surprised him by spotting him before he could do anything and noticed he wore a shirt that had lettering on it. He thought it said "CORN" although I really can't imagine anybody making or wearing a shirt like that. The author of the Quester Files website thought it may have actually said "COORS"

Normally, I might pass this off as being another red herring planted by ONS/EAR, but it can't be ignored that he turned regular murderer after this attack. It's also important to note that I believe this is the only known instance of a man getting any sort of look at him as ONS/EAR usually had the males tied up before they could even get out of bed.

Could this be somebody who worked for Coors?
Old 08-25-2015, 07:08 AM   #217
wiseguy182

Yet another nickname for him is the "Diamond Knot Killer", for his ability to tie the uncommon and complex Diamond Knot, also known as the Chinese Decorator Knot.

Definitely one of the saddest ones was the one where he raped the woman in her last night staying in the house (they had sold it). In fact, the attack happened at 4:30 and she had planned to leave for a flight an hour later to fly to their new home.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #218
jjmcgr
Frequent Poster

So I was watching an old Dateline on cable and it featured a police detective they called the "Evidence Whisperer" because he solved a 2001 murder in 2010 simply by looking at a picture a la Monk. It turned out it was Larry Montgomery, the now retired Irvine PD detective who was the lead on the last two "Original Night Stalker" (or as I call him the Bedroom Killer) murders. He is now the point man for the OC District Attorney's office on Cold Cases. I interviewed Larry a few years ago as part of a website I have on those cases. The reason I sought him out was because a poster on another message board had appeared on the anniversary of the last (1986) murder and in a series of posts claimed he was a friend of the last victim, tried to visit her before her body was discovered, was the son of a man who had murdered people but got away with it and had never been interviewed by the police. He also told a story about a suspicious man that the victim had met at a public pool. The message board went into an uproar about the incompetence of the police and the pool guy suspect. I had some personal e-mails with the guy whose e-mail was his name. So I sought out Larry who is reachable by the public through his new job in the DA's office. He was very friendly and quickly was able to cite the date and time in 1986 that the poster was interviewed, only a couple of days after the body was found. In the interview there was no mention of the pool guy. The interview transcript is online (google Bedroom Killer you'll find it). I also interviewed a retired FBI agent who broke up one of the Goleta crimes and chased the attacker who was riding on a stolen bike in the middle of the night. It was the closest anyone came to capturing the attacker in this spree. It is also online. Without new info I consider those crimes unsolvable which is why the Evidence Whisperer has not solved it-- the murderer was too clever at leaving minimal evidence (pretty much only his DNA which is not on any database).

Last edited by jjmcgr; 02-16-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:29 AM   #219
Vahan

It was sickening that the media blamed AC/DC, saying they inspired Richard Ramirez to kill many people.
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:42 PM   #220
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmcgr
I interviewed Larry a few years ago as part of a website I have on those cases. The reason I sought him out was because a poster on another message board had appeared on the anniversary of the last (1986) murder and in a series of posts claimed he was a friend of the last victim, tried to visit her before her body was discovered, was the son of a man who had murdered people but got away with it and had never been interviewed by the police. He also told a story about a suspicious man that the victim had met at a public pool. The message board went into an uproar about the incompetence of the police and the pool guy suspect. I had some personal e-mails with the guy whose e-mail was his name. So I sought out Larry who is reachable by the public through his new job in the DA's office. He was very friendly and quickly was able to cite the date and time in 1986 that the poster was interviewed, only a couple of days after the body was found. In the interview there was no mention of the pool guy. The interview transcript is online (google Bedroom Killer you'll find it). I also interviewed a retired FBI agent who broke up one of the Goleta crimes and chased the attacker who was riding on a stolen bike in the middle of the night. It was the closest anyone came to capturing the attacker in this spree. It is also online. Without new info I consider those crimes unsolvable which is why the Evidence Whisperer has not solved it-- the murderer was too clever at leaving minimal evidence (pretty much only his DNA which is not on any database).
Good work on the interviews jjmcgr. Taking an extra step like that is very valuable, as opposed to frantic rehash of all the stuff we already know. That's what drives me nuts on related message boards.

I remember the uproar on that A&E site. Unfortunately it became the norm.

I generally agree that this case is mostly unsolvable unless the perpetrator can be narrowed down to a limited profession or location. I'm not a believer in wild stabs at a specific name, which is generally the preferred mode. But if it can be whittled in half, and in half again, and again...and finally to a realm with a reasonable number of potentials, then maybe we've got a chance. That's why I perked up at the idea of auto wrecker, which makes more sense than anything else I've heard and can't involve thousands or even hundreds in that area at the given time.

I haven't looked at that guy's site in months. He lost a great deal of credibility with me with his DB Cooper sentences.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:38 AM   #221
jjmcgr
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger
Good work on the interviews jjmcgr. Taking an extra step like that is very valuable, as opposed to frantic rehash of all the stuff we already know. That's what drives me nuts on related message boards.

I remember the uproar on that A&E site. Unfortunately it became the norm.

I generally agree that this case is mostly unsolvable unless the perpetrator can be narrowed down to a limited profession or location. I'm not a believer in wild stabs at a specific name, which is generally the preferred mode. But if it can be whittled in half, and in half again, and again...and finally to a realm with a reasonable number of potentials, then maybe we've got a chance. That's why I perked up at the idea of auto wrecker, which makes more sense than anything else I've heard and can't involve thousands or even hundreds in that area at the given time.

I haven't looked at that guy's site in months. He lost a great deal of credibility with me with his DB Cooper sentences.
The uproar on that old message board and the continual rehashes (I made a website specifically to minimize that but people don't like to read apparently) along with one self-righteous poster from Sacramento (who believed every rumor from his childhood) and a crazy lady (who sooner or later accused every male poster of being the killer) from Georgia and the seemingly unsolvable nature of the crimes drove me away along with attending night school.

My conclusions:

1. There was more than one EAR person in Sacramento (I think that one was a USAF member from the nearby airbase). One moved south and became a killer. The other (or at least one of the others) was sloppy and probably got caught in a related crime and went to prison or was killed. The Sac crimes were not linked by DNA and in some cases had really different MOs.

2. The Maggliore murders are somehow involved with the EAR crimes-- the victims were USAF and the murders took place very near the earliest EAR crimes at a time the EAR was still operating.

3. The killer tried to mislead the police so his crimes would not be linked by committing them over a wide geographical area and then copycatting the nearby Bedroom Basher crimes (which was a big deal there at the time and still then unsolved) in Irvine by killing singles instead of couples. He also made one look like a botched robbery. The two Irvine crimes were never linked until DNA came in some years later even though they happened blocks apart but they were also never linked to the Basher (who unknowingly was already in jail for a different crime).There is an outside chance that a late spree composite of the Basher from a botched crime in Irvine which looked nothing like the real Basher may have been the Bedroom Killer's first attempted crime in Irvine and may show what he looked like. That is on the Bedroom Killer website.

4. I think he lived in Irvine in 1986 and somehow was acquainted with the Dana Point victims, who worked or went to school in Irvine. Crimes 5 years apart were committed blocks apart and the killer seemed to know about the Bedroom Basher crimes from a year or two before his first murder there.

5. The killer did not want to get caught and elaborately planned his crimes to leave minimal evidence. He used as weapons things found at the crime scene. He attacked people who were often not found for days. The only evidence he left behind was DNA (he hadn't anticipated that this would link his crimes).

6. I think 5. is the main reason he stopped. I do not believe the theory that serial killers cannot stop. This is based on ones that were caught. And some of them like BTK and GRK had stopped. There are reasons to stop. Maybe a new clingy wife or a job with different hours. Or just getting old. I think this guy stopped because he didn't wanna get caught. If the Goletas are linked (supposedly they are by DNA now but there were no rapes there) the male victim in the last Goleta crime almost got away and this may have scared him. Then DNA came in and his future crimes would eventually be connected, providing a unique trail. The last murder after a 5 year gap may have been a relapse crime. Somehow he knew she'd be alone for an extended period. Also the victim was featured (including a picture) in the local newspaper in an article several months earlier.

7. I don't believe all the EAR Sacramento hype. The EAR did not scout out victims in the daytime and then come back (including taking bullets out of a gun under a pillow-- what a fantastic story that is!). If this were the case, how did the police not catch him once the crimes became a big deal? Crimes were committed on the same streets and general areas long after the hype started. Barney Fife could have caught him if he were casing houses in the daytime. There is a reason the attacks were all in one story houses (one was two stories but there was an embankment in the back that placed the second floor at ground level)... so he could peek in before bedtime and see who was there. In one case the attacker didn't even realize the man did not live there and had to stop him and his GF in the driveway as he was leaving.

Now can it be solved? How many guys lived or worked in succession in Sacramento, near SF, Goleta then Irvine in the time period? It cannot be that many. I don't believe the killer drove hundreds of miles to commit his crimes. In the pre-digital age it might be hard to track. Larry Montgomery should be following that trail, get a list, DNA them and go. Back to the Future day was yesterday... soon it will be 30 years after the last Bedroom Killer murder. Go Larry Go! catch him before the Reaper does.

Last edited by jjmcgr; 10-22-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:02 PM   #222
jjmcgr
Frequent Poster

we can't really tell the guy's profession from the crimes except he seemingly does not work all night on a regular basis.

but here are my guesses. Rancho Cordova was an Air Force bedroom community. good likelihood he was serving when he started. When people get out of the service they usually move back to where they came from which makes the So Cal OC area probable. They had the good GI Bill back then so it is possible he went back to school or went to OC for school. He may have hung around the Bay Area first for a while and got a temp job in Goleta first. Maybe he was studying something at UCal Irvine as one of the Dana Point victims worked there.
Dana Point is a bit of an anomaly as the victims lived in a guarded gated community. It seems the killer would not have sought out victims randomly in such a location unless he had somehow preselected them but not in a way in which he became an obvious suspect. While Larry Montgomery can track the trail of the crimes he could also recheck all the associates of the DP victims no matter how loosely, starting with where the woman worked or hung out (since he was a rapist that's a good place to start). Maybe there will be a name on both lists. If it were a tv crime show the name would pop up at the 50 minute mark! We are reaching the 29 year mark.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #223
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmcgr
we can't really tell the guy's profession from the crimes except he seemingly does not work all night on a regular basis.

but here are my guesses. Rancho Cordova was an Air Force bedroom community. good likelihood he was serving when he started. When people get out of the service they usually move back to where they came from which makes the So Cal OC area probable. They had the good GI Bill back then so it is possible he went back to school or went to OC for school. He may have hung around the Bay Area first for a while and got a temp job in Goleta first. Maybe he was studying something at UCal Irvine as one of the Dana Point victims worked there.
Dana Point is a bit of an anomaly as the victims lived in a guarded gated community. It seems the killer would not have sought out victims randomly in such a location unless he had somehow preselected them but not in a way in which he became an obvious suspect. While Larry Montgomery can track the trail of the crimes he could also recheck all the associates of the DP victims no matter how loosely, starting with where the woman worked or hung out (since he was a rapist that's a good place to start). Maybe there will be a name on both lists. If it were a tv crime show the name would pop up at the 50 minute mark! We are reaching the 29 year mark.
I always suspected the air force connection.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:49 PM   #224
Truth Sleuth
Someone, somewhere knows
Frequent Poster

I just wanted to say that in my current job I talk to people all over the country via phone. Occasionally I will happen to get someone from Rancho Cordova, or Stockton, or Modesto, and I'm always tempted to ask if they know anything about EAR/ONS. (Though I don't, obviously.)
Truth Sleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:30 AM   #225
Corkys-Place
Unsolved Mysteries Fan
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Sleuth
I just wanted to say that in my current job I talk to people all over the country via phone. Occasionally I will happen to get someone from Rancho Cordova, or Stockton, or Modesto, and I'm always tempted to ask if they know anything about EAR/ONS. (Though I don't, obviously.)
Just hearing the names of those places sends a chill up my spine!
Corkys-Place is offline   Reply With Quote