Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Chit Chat - Main Board / Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. Premieres September 8; List of a Lifetime Casts TV Stars
Hulu Renews Love, Victor for Season 3; Archer Season 12 Premieres August 25 on FXX
Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 10:34 AM   #31
Mario500
Frequent Poster

(remembers having been banned from a certain other message board (unlike the one I had mentioned here earlier) after having posted a message consisting only of some text of, " 'pre-Covid'?" in response to a certain message involving some text of, "pre-Covid" due to its ambiguity within that message and the page for which that message was located and my understanding of various definitions of a certain word often spelled "covid" in years past; remembers having never received a warning of being banned from that message board before actually being banned from there and having received a message related to the ban afterwards suggesting a message of mine had "tones of sexism, racism, and attempting to discredit a worldwide pandemic" and that I was not "not welcome" any more)
Old 03-02-2021, 04:26 PM   #32
Caroline13
Forum 3K Club Member

As I see it and I've been a good member at C-D for I think 5 yrs or so, and the moderators are FIERCE...so many good people with good info have left on their own and many given infractions, bans and it goes on and on. It's a HUGE group and so many moderators, they all sit at their monitors like hawks waiting for a prey.

The mods have their agendas, no bipartionship, and that's the way it is.

I'm on other groups, and many are boring and I try to wake them up but again the mods get involved.. Talk about control and power.

As I see it as long as a member isn't being cruel to another member, why not let them say their piece or is it peace. Censorship is worse than ever.

And in the last few months I've jumped on some groups and the obscene language and rudeness, omg, I worked to get banned or just left.

And currently on another group and it's like talking to WALLS to get a good discussion going, so I told them I will no longer talk to the Walls and that's what I'm doing here. I'm done..just looked this morning and I have 5 PM's but won't even open them.
Old 03-02-2021, 11:55 PM   #33
Dude111
Forum Veteran

Madderest

They just blocked me again tonight... They had a spammer posting and they blocked them..... I had 29 good posts and all of a sudden I was blocked.....

THEY NEED A DOSE OF REALITY!!!!!!!! - I have had over 300 accounts there! (My friend Yac said if I really wanna be there to just start creating acct after acct as he didnt wanna get involved,he said the staff is being ridiculous about me (Yac is a co-admin))
Old 03-03-2021, 12:30 AM   #34
icecream
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
They just blocked me again tonight... They had a spammer posting and they blocked them..... I had 29 good posts and all of a sudden I was blocked.....

THEY NEED A DOSE OF REALITY!!!!!!!! - I have had over 300 accounts there! (My friend Yac said if I really wanna be there to just start creating acct after acct as he didnt wanna get involved,he said the staff is being ridiculous about me (Yac is a co-admin))
It doesn't seem like that site is worth all the hassle if the staff hates you so much. I would just let them go and move on. Your life will be better without them.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:46 PM   #35
Dude111
Forum Veteran

Ya you might be right honey..... I just dunno if they should be allowed to treat people as they do.... There is no control from the co-admins!!

You might be right though..
Old 03-06-2021, 07:43 PM   #36
PracTz

'TV Without Pity' got rather bogus. I remember once getting a rather scathing post from the adminstrators along with warning points because I actually put a spoiler bar over plot points of a show that had been broadcast in my time zone but not in Pacific Time. I mean, how tough can it be to erase a spoiler bar if one wants to read the whole post (and would it have been more than a momentary annoyance rather than have ruined other folks' lives)and why should that alone have been worth threatening to have me blocked if I attempted it again? But that site did it for some of the most ridiculous reasons like even mentioning to other posters that one COULD be at risk for bans for. ..whatever reasons. .somehow was something they would threaten bans for!
Old 03-06-2021, 07:58 PM   #37
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracTz View Post
'TV Without Pity' got rather bogus. I remember once getting a rather scathing post from the adminstrators along with warning points because I actually put a spoiler bar over plot points of a show that had been broadcast in my time zone but not in Pacific Time. I mean, how tough can it be to erase a spoiler bar if one wants to read the whole post (and would it have been more than a momentary annoyance rather than have ruined other folks' lives)and why should that alone have been worth threatening to have me blocked if I attempted it again? But that site did it for some of the most ridiculous reasons like even mentioning to other posters that one COULD be at risk for bans for. ..whatever reasons. .somehow was something they would threaten bans for!
Glad to hear other stories about bad behavior from the mods on TWOP. Yes, I remember you could be warned or even banned for mentioning people could be banned... which is crazy (I didn't mention bans prior to getting banned, myself).
Old 04-19-2021, 08:42 PM   #38
Caroline13
Forum 3K Club Member

Today's society has more and more people being silenced or deleted from info sites because of their opinions and I'm talking higher profile people as well as members of forums...I've found in recent months forums that are Wild and allow so much rude comments made to and about other members, and there needs to be respect for all opinions, isn't that Freedom of Speech...what happened to that one? It's on this forum and I've experienced that. I certainly don't agree with everyone but don't call them names and attack them.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:56 PM   #39
RetroGuy2000
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Freedom of Speech...what happened to that one?
The First Amendment (Freedom of Speech) has nothing to do with what forum members might say about you. It says that the government "shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Quote:
It's on this forum and I've experienced that. I certainly don't agree with everyone but don't call them names and attack them.
You've been caught in multiple untruths. You don't expect people to respect that, do you? Just today, you claimed there were "no reported cases of Coronavirus" in your state, which we know is California. There were over 2,000 cases this week. Why would you lie about something that is so easy to check? So you can act like a victim when people take you to task, and state you're not telling the truth? Or are you so lost in your hoax sites that you genuinely can't tell what's the truth anymore? Either way, few here are going to respect that, even with all of the varied political views we have here.

We need a forum where multiple political opinions are respected. We don't need outright lies.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:58 PM   #40
Dude111
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline13
I certainly don't agree with everyone but don't call them names and attack them.
No and its good you dont..... No one should attack ANYONE for thier opinions..... Ya wanna attack THE IDEA fine but dont attack the person!!!
Old 04-19-2021, 11:27 PM   #41
Caroline13
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
The First Amendment (Freedom of Speech) has nothing to do with what forum members might say about you. It says that the government "shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

You've been caught in multiple untruths. You don't expect people to respect that, do you? Just today, you claimed there were "no reported cases of Coronavirus" in your state, which we know is California. There were over 2,000 cases this week. Why would you lie about something that is so easy to check? So you can act like a victim when people take you to task, and state you're not telling the truth? Or are you so lost in your hoax sites that you genuinely can't tell what's the truth anymore? Either way, few here are going to respect that, even with all of the varied political views we have here.

We need a forum where multiple political opinions are respected. We don't need outright lies.
Hey Retro, please list the untruths I've been caught in. I'd like to hear about them...one thing about me is I keep my words truthful and might miss a date in my life that something I did happen, but I can't remember 80 some yrs of everything, but I remember a LOT. Pls tell me the untruths....surely you can think of them, I'd love to hear them.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:30 PM   #42
Caroline13
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
No and its good you dont..... No one should attack ANYONE for thier opinions..... Ya wanna attack THE IDEA fine but dont attack the person!!!
Oh they ALL attack the ideas/opinions of mine, but often their comments get close to personal attacks on me...and I've reported some that I thought were in question. Many are just plain rude...

Dude, you know what they say about blood is thicker than water. That is how it is in families, the families stick together like blood and outsiders that come into families are the water and they are treated like that. I can think of this in a couple of my personal issues in my life and my daughter's...

This Sitcom group is a long family and blood is thick and I'm the new member, so I'm the water, and look out water, one has to understand it all. All in all Sitcom is a small forum and it is not this way on very large forums, not as much anyway. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a new member since I joined. Interesting observation I believe.

There is peace on the Games area and good for that. I do enjoy the Games.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:41 PM   #43
Dude111
Forum Veteran

Well people have very strong opinion on things and they dont like anyone who thinks different I have noticed........

Last edited by Dude111; 04-20-2021 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:47 PM   #44
RetroGuy2000
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
All in all Sitcom is a small forum and it is not this way on very large forums, not as much anyway. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a new member since I joined. Interesting observation I believe.
There have been 42 new members since you joined.
Old 04-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #45
Caroline13
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
There have been 42 new members since you joined.
Oh that's great, I've only come in contact with one new member, PaperClips and the rest I have not seen on any of the forums I visit.
Closed Thread