Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Chit Chat - Main Board / Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu
Damon Wayans Jr. to Host Frogger; Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens Getting All-Star Guests
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 01:23 AM   #16
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan View Post
Banning for me has become second nature. Let's see if I can remember sites that banned me:

My first profile from POF because I stated I didn't want to date single dads. Apparently, this is the new "evil". Because of this stance, I got banned from City-Data, Enotalone, and Loveshack forums. I got banned at one point from the TVLand forums because I stated their reality shows are junk (well they were) and from unemployed friends (now gone) because I stated that *gasp* people should be paid based on skills and not everyone deserves the same. I got banned from a Facebook page called "The Entitled Mombies are at it again" because I stated people shouldn't receive welfare just for having kids, and from childfree Reddit for telling someone they didn't belong there because they had kids.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who has been banned from forums in the past. I only got banned once, but it sticks in my craw. I was banned from the Television Without Pity Forums, around 2006. There was no warning, and no explanation. Miss Alli banned me and also a dozen other people that week. We never learned why. One of the strangest weeks of my online life.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:26 AM   #17
IllinoisTVFan
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
Glad to know I'm not the only one who has been banned from forums in the past. I only got banned once, but it sticks in my craw. I was banned from the Television Without Pity Forums, around 2006. There was no warning, and no explanation. Miss Alli banned me and also a dozen other people that week. We never learned why. One of the strangest weeks of my online life.
Yeah, I've been banned from a few and a few for no reason. There was one called Etiquette Hell and I posted one time and nothing controversial. Next thing I knew I was IP blocked for being a troll. Weird.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:31 AM   #18
RetroGuy2000
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan View Post
Yeah, I've been banned from a few and a few for no reason. There was one called Etiquette Hell and I posted one time and nothing controversial. Next thing I knew I was IP blocked for being a troll. Weird.
I find it a little comforting that I'm not the only one this has happened to. I mean, it's bad that that happened to you, but it makes me feel a little better. I'd been a huge fan of TWOP's episode commentaries, and was going to get a TWOP T-shirt. Then... BAM! Banned with no warning, and no real explanation. It made me really leery to even join another TV forum for the longest time.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:10 AM   #19
icecream
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Fanatic

I have never been banned from city data. Of course that is since I was never a member there in the first place, wouldn't have even heard from about it except from a lot of negative comments here.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:11 AM   #20
Dude111
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
No comment.
Hehe well if you were staff on a site and a member kept registering over 300 times,wouldnt you give up trying to block them??

These people are insane...... My friend is right!

Im sorry IllinoisTVFan you were blocked also.. Probably for a stupid reason I reckon.....
Old 02-22-2021, 02:14 AM   #21
opus
VB
Forum Superstar

Quote:
I find it a little comforting that I'm not the only one this has happened to. I mean, it's bad that that happened to you, but it makes me feel a little better. I'd been a huge fan of TWOP's episode commentaries, and was going to get a TWOP T-shirt. Then... BAM! Banned with no warning, and no real explanation. It made me really leery to even join another TV forum for the longest time.
Then don’t join the Primetimer site I mentioned to you the other day about WandaVision. It’s the spin-off (to put it in TV terms) of TWOP. Or the continuation of it, if that’s a better phrase.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:20 AM   #22
Dude111
Forum Veteran

Excellent!
Old 02-22-2021, 02:32 AM   #23
RetroGuy2000
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Then don’t join the Primetimer site I mentioned to you the other day about WandaVision. It’s the spin-off (to put it in TV terms) of TWOP.
Oh, no. I can't join any more forums. This is the only TV forum for me, at present. I already don't get enough done, as it is. Imagine if I posted on two different forums, AND YouTube.

Besides, they don't appear to have a Facts of Life forum. How could I post ridiculous press release photos of Molly Ringwald awkwardly posing with cinnamon buns? How could I post Felice Schachter "Am I 'All-American' enough yet?" memes? How could I compose limericks about what Julie Anne Haddock and Julie Piekarski were doing in August 1979?
Old 02-22-2021, 02:40 AM   #24
opus
VB
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Oh, no. I can't join any more forums. This is the only TV forum for me, at present. I already don't get enough done, as it is. Imagine if I posted on two different forums, AND YouTube.

Besides, they don't appear to have a Facts of Life forum. How could I post ridiculous press release photos of Molly Ringwald awkwardly posing with cinnamon buns? How could I post Felice Schachter "Am I 'All-American' enough yet?" memes? How could I compose limericks about what Julie Anne Haddock and Julie Piekarski were doing in August 1979?
There is a FOL thread

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/...omment-6102013

but yes, while this site is primarily active with old TV, that site is mostly active with current TV. And yes, it wouldn’t be the same for you there without your SO FOL buddies.
Old 02-22-2021, 04:07 AM   #25
IllinoisTVFan
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Hehe well if you were staff on a site and a member kept registering over 300 times,wouldnt you give up trying to block them??

These people are insane...... My friend is right!

Im sorry IllinoisTVFan you were blocked also.. Probably for a stupid reason I reckon.....
It was but I expect that with that site. The admins there are idiots.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:24 AM   #26
GentlemanJim
Casual Observer

There are a number of forums out there where being banned is part of the game, the moderators will ban you simply for posting an idea they do not agree with, and they fully expect you to create another sock puppet to continue posting there. Frequently requiring you to get a new, unique e-mail address for each new forum identity that you create.

I know some people who have like 30+ g-mail accounts, just so they can create new sockpuppets.

My point is, just because someone might be the administrator of a message board, is no guarantee that they even want to be seen as fair and impartial. It's nice when they do, but there is no guarantee, so the expectation often is unrealistic.
Old 02-22-2021, 06:53 PM   #27
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

I was banned from a forum for saying that, though I hate the Nazis, their uniforms were greatly designed.

I think it was on a Holocaust memorial thread.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2021, 09:16 PM   #28
Dude111
Forum Veteran

Was it CD James? Probably Poncho blocked you.... He isnt staff anymore......

That site needs alot of cleaning up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
It was but I expect that with that site. The admins there are idiots.
Yes they are........ They sure wont leave me alone........ A co-admin who is my friend now has even tried asking them to and they still block me!!!

I just told the main mod there who I am having problems with to stop blocking me!!!! -- I have nearly all her info,I just have to get her phone #. She blocked me again last night and I thought I had cleared things up with her when i apologised because she WASNT blocking me anymore........

I just dont understand.....Why dont they like me??

I dunno.......... CD is probably one of the BEST sites online and its run so horribly and it seems like they dont care because they dont do anything to stop it!! (The admin team)

Maybe they are afraid of losing thier staff (paid) but having staff like that is no good anyway!!
Old 02-23-2021, 12:27 AM   #29
IllinoisTVFan
Forum 3K Club Member

I think it might have been PJ Singer but can't remember.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:50 AM   #30
RetroGuy2000
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
There is a FOL thread

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/...omment-6102013

but yes, while this site is primarily active with old TV, that site is mostly active with current TV. And yes, it wouldn’t be the same for you there without your SO FOL buddies.
There's no 'E' in 'Blair'! Who do they think they are? Brenda?!
Closed Thread