Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Facts of Life Online / The Facts of Life links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Facts of Life Photo Gallery / The Facts of Life - Fan Fiction Board / The Division Board


The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Six

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Six on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Seven

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Seven on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Eight

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Eight on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Series

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Series on DVD (Amazon.com)

(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Facts of Life

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu
Damon Wayans Jr. to Host Frogger; Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens Getting All-Star Guests
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Manifest Cancellation Being Reconsidered; American Housewife Sold for Broadcast Syndication
Fri-Yay: 2021 Emmy Nominations Heavy on New Comedies, Light on Traditional Sitcoms; That Damn Michael Che Gets a Second Season
Lifetime Announces Justina Machado TV Movie; ABC News to Focus on Superstars


New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2020, 09:07 PM   #1
valentina warner
Member
Senior Member
 
valentina warner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, 2020
Location: The Uk
Posts: 2,849
Post HEADMASTERS on FOL

Has anyone got a favourite headmaster at all?

I do, and it's obviously MR BRADLEY: why?

For obvious reasons, so let's start:

Pilot 'The girls school': MR CROCKER 'The crock' was kind of funny, a bit eccentric and crazy, but because he was not MRS G 'cup of tea' he was soon dismissed...

Season 1: MR BRADLEY was definitely the only headmaster i could see relate to the bunch of teenage girl! Young himself (mid thirties probably) he was so easy going, and although he tried to be authoritative, MRS G took the role for it ha ha ha! But he was so caring, and the prove for it, is how he decides to cancel his trip and be there for Molly's holiday.

Season 2: i don't even recall his name cos he wasn't around for long lol!

Season 3: MR PARKER was my second favourite, cos he had a CRUSH on MRS G for sure ha ha ha! What did he call her, the 'feisty red haired' and he was definitely nearer her age (but married oops what a shame!). Nevertheless, when she left to open her 'Edna's edible', he soon became history!

The end....
valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:14 PM   #2
cfr1970
Member
Forum 3K Club Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 3,357
Default

I liked Mr. Bradley too from season 1. Why did he leave? A victim of the retooling? I preferred him over Mr. Parker.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:20 PM   #3
valentina warner
Member
Senior Member
 
valentina warner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, 2020
Location: The Uk
Posts: 2,849
Drool MR BRADLEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I liked Mr. Bradley too from season 1. Why did he leave? A victim of the retooling? I preferred him over Mr. Parker.

MR BRADLEY was definitely a victim of the retooling lol!
valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:54 PM   #4
80s Dude
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 24, 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,765
Default

I like Mr. Parker. He seemed like a realistic headmaster.
80s Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:03 PM   #5
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 13,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentina warner View Post
Has anyone got a favourite headmaster at all?

I do, and it's obviously MR BRADLEY: why?

For obvious reasons, so let's start:

Pilot 'The girls school': MR CROCKER 'The crock' was kind of funny, a bit eccentric and crazy, but because he was not MRS G 'cup of tea' he was soon dismissed...
Mr. Crocker was very funny, but he was also crazy. It never would have worked to keep him at Eastland. There would have been lawsuits.

(Unusually, the actor who portrayed him was literally hired two days before taping began. We see this on the script for the episode).

Quote:
Season 1: MR BRADLEY was definitely the only headmaster i could see relate to the bunch of teenage girl! Young himself (mid thirties probably) he was so easy going, and although he tried to be authoritative, MRS G took the role for it ha ha ha! But he was so caring, and the prove for it, is how he decides to cancel his trip and be there for Molly's holiday.
Mr. Bradley was my favorite of Eastland's headmasters. He was a jerk in many episodes, but he did prove his love for the girls on several occasions.

Quote:
Season 2: i don't even recall his name cos he wasn't around for long lol!
That was Mr. Harris. The one with the "toup".

Quote:
Season 3: MR PARKER was my second favourite, cos he had a CRUSH on MRS G for sure ha ha ha! What did he call her, the 'feisty red haired' and he was definitely nearer her age (but married oops what a shame!). Nevertheless, when she left to open her 'Edna's edible', he soon became history!
Mr. Parker was my second-favorite. I hated to see him depart from the show without any notice. He could be a jerk, too, but you could also tell he cared for Eastland and its students.

But where is Mr. Morehead on your list? He was the Eastland headmaster in Season 9.
RetroGuy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:15 PM   #6
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 13,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I liked Mr. Bradley too from season 1. Why did he leave? A victim of the retooling? I preferred him over Mr. Parker.
Yes, John Lawlor was fired after Season One. The network didn't like having so many characters, and the producers felt they didn't need a regular headmaster character.

In his second-to-last episode, the writers send Mr. Bradley to Club Med, and we don't see him for most of the episode. He's got less that two minutes of screen time in the episode.

In his final episode, we again see him only briefly. We see him rifle through Blair and Sue Ann's things, and then he heads out. Mrs. Garrett then hugs Blair, Tootie, Natalie, and Sue Ann, telling them she's glad "our group" is together. Mr. Bradley and three of the Lost Girls (Nancy, Cindy, and Molly) are notably absent in the final scene.

I believe the producers knew, by these final two episodes, that the Cast Purge was coming. It's basically written into the script.
RetroGuy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:38 PM   #7
cfr1970
Member
Forum 3K Club Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 3,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
Yes, John Lawlor was fired after Season One. The network didn't like having so many characters, and the producers felt they didn't need a regular headmaster character.

In his second-to-last episode, the writers send Mr. Bradley to Club Med, and we don't see him for most of the episode. He's got less that two minutes of screen time in the episode.

In his final episode, we again see him only briefly. We see him rifle through Blair and Sue Ann's things, and then he heads out. Mrs. Garrett then hugs Blair, Tootie, Natalie, and Sue Ann, telling them she's glad "our group" is together. Mr. Bradley and three of the Lost Girls (Nancy, Cindy, and Molly) are notably absent in the final scene.

I believe the producers knew, by these final two episodes, that the Cast Purge was coming. It's basically written into the script.

I remember when watching on Antenna TV in January there was a woman too that worked with Mr. Bradley who was also never seen again after season 1. I guess she got the guillotine too.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:48 PM   #8
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 13,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I remember when watching on Antenna TV in January there was a woman too that worked with Mr. Bradley who was also never seen again after season 1. I guess she got the guillotine too.
Miss Mahoney got the guillotine after just episode 4. (The original clock, too! )
RetroGuy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:00 AM   #9
cfr1970
Member
Forum 3K Club Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 3,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
Miss Mahoney got the guillotine after just episode 4. (The original clock, too! )
I liked her and also later on as Doug's Mom on King of Queens.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:13 AM   #10
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 13,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I liked her and also later on as Doug's Mom on King of Queens.
But what about the grandfather clock?
RetroGuy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:19 AM   #11
Lorimar Television
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Lorimar Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2007
Posts: 6,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
But what about the grandfather clock?
I loved his work on Family Matters!
__________________
Some of my favorite theme songs:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-e...89CsiJpV_irnNw
Lorimar Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:25 AM   #12
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 13,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorimar Television View Post
I loved his work on Family Matters!


...Until Urkel began stealing his lines!
RetroGuy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:32 AM   #13
Lorimar Television
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Lorimar Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2007
Posts: 6,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post


...Until Urkel began stealing his lines!
Yeah! He left the show with Rachel and Judy to show solidarity!
Lorimar Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:35 AM   #14
cfr1970
Member
Forum 3K Club Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 3,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
But what about the grandfather clock?

That sounds like a season 1 inside joke lol. Would I get it if I pay more attention to the season the next time around?

I half want it explained to me, and the other half wants to see if I can discover it myself. Now i'll be focused too much on it that i'll ignore the Lost Girls again!
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:40 AM   #15
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic
 
RetroGuy2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 27, 2013
Posts: 13,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorimar Television View Post
Yeah! He left the show with Rachel and Judy to show solidarity!
RetroGuy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
mr bradley

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.