Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Chit Chat - Main Board / Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu
Damon Wayans Jr. to Host Frogger; Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens Getting All-Star Guests
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-09-2004, 06:14 PM   #46
Mijada
Spencers mom
Forum 4K Club Member

I was at work when a co-worker heard it on the radio and told me about it. We worked with a bunch of Bosnian refugees at the time and coming from a war torn country they were naturally quite concerned. Some of them were crying and upset so the boss let them go home right away. When I got home my TV cable wasn't working due to a storm the previous weekend so I just sat and listned to the coverage on the radio until the cable repairman got to my house.
Mijada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:24 PM   #47
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Micelli
Because for all they knew the terrorists might be targeting schools next
plus i'd imagine kids in new york were pulled out school because someone they knew was injured or missing.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:07 PM   #48
TheGreatPretender
just because
Forum Veteran

I was in Reading in 6th grade (bleh) then at the end of the day we had an assembly and the principal said that we would be leaving early. At first I was pshyced but then she said "some terrible things have been happening in the world today"
At first I thought people were dropping bombs on the buildings but then after going home and watching the news my mom got some info. I thought she was crazy to be laying out on the deck sun tanning. I thought they were gonna drop bombs on our houses. Before hand I went home on the bus and all the kids were saying that we we're gonna die. I never heard of people purposely crashing planes into buildings.
Then I went to my friends house when she lived down the street from me, I remember sitting with her waiting for her dad to come home from where he was just outside of New York and how relieved she and her mom were when he came and talked about what had happened. I still was a little confused at what happened.
When I got home I wanted to watch the news with my parents but they said "oh this is boring, you can watch cartoons if you want." But I didn't and I remember watching George Bush speaking that famous tear jerking speech that night. Everyone was quiet when we heard that. I remember the next day going to school and everyone saying that it was the beginning of World War 3.

It's funny how clearly you remember things like that.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:11 PM   #49
David
mcphee.
Forum Celebrity

I was walking to Health class, and I looked at the TV, and it was talking about how the Pentagon got hit. Then, they put the twin towers on, and I was like.... whoa =/. I didn't realize what exactly happened until it collapsed. Sad memory

v. 39 - katharine and chris

elliott, you rock.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:23 PM   #50
Titania
a part of that
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Titania

I was a high school sophomore in my AP European history class

I'll give you stars and the moon and a soul to guide you and a promise I'll never go
I'll give you hope to bring out all the life inside you and the strength that will help you grow.

myspace
Titania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:50 PM   #51
ThirteenInchEscape
Banned
Banned!!

Send a message via AIM to ThirteenInchEscape

you can call my apathy unpatriotic, but had the whole nation not given a ****, like me, the terrorist attack would have been much less succesful

At any rate, said terrorists obviously werent looking for a body count, if they were they would have waited until a bit later in the day when the offices were completely full and various tourists were around the base of the tower, etc.

No, what they wanted to accomplish, and did so very succesfully, was to disrupt our lives and economy, which, through our fear, we let them do. I mean, the deathtoll on 9/11 was the same as the people who die in car wrecks every day, not that significant.

That said, if I lived in New York, I would have been scared as hell, but I didnt feel unsafe for a minute.

I remember my mom getting quite angry with me over the next few weeks, because I wouldnt participate in well...anything.
ThirteenInchEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:51 PM   #52
~LadyJess~
Football Chick
Forum Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ~LadyJess~

Quote:
Originally posted by I am Him
Why would parents take their kids out of school because of the Terror attacks?
I don't recall anyone leaving my school early that day. I knew a lot of people were upset we didn't have school cancelled the next day, they said it wasn't that big a deal if we still had to go to school. Some people...
Old 09-09-2004, 09:02 PM   #53
Polniaczek033
believe.
Forum 4K Club Member

At school.. it was fifth grade... and the principal came on the annoucement thing and was trying to explain it.. and then our teacher tried.. but all of us were too young and stupid to know what was happening.

And then they forever-banned field trips.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:56 PM   #54
NostalgiaAce777
The Furmite
Frequent Poster

Location: Long to be living Floridays, BlueSkies and Ultraviolet Rays, Lookin for Better Days

I was working midnights at my first job, and i had a terrible migraine and ended up going home a half hr early, it was about 4 am and I didn't end up going to sleep until about 7:45, I couldn't sleep didn't feel great, @ about 9:45 I get this call form my aunt's then husband saying turn on the Tv, I was barelly awake he said go to the news station, a plane flew into the trade center all i thought about was the local Flea Market called The Trade Center, and the fact was irrelevant to me till I turned and I said OH THE TRADE CENTERThen he called again and said the Pentagon was hit just then another plane hit the Other tower, I thought I must be dreaming this or something then before my very eyes the one trade center crumbled to the ground. I called work and asked some of my coworkers if they seen it, I think just about everyone was on the phone calling near dear ones. I still cry when I think about it, what a terrible ordeal that had to be for those who died and the loved ones left behind. That was a prety prominent land mark in NY, my grandma was from there and we had pictures of it all over her house, had she still been around she would have been in shock. I still am, part of me wants so badly to beleive it is still there.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:38 PM   #55
Crimson and Clover
Forum Star

school
Crimson and Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:13 PM   #56
Sterling Holobyte

Quote:
Originally posted by ThirteenInchEscape
you can call my apathy unpatriotic, but had the whole nation not given a ****, like me, the terrorist attack would have been much less succesful

At any rate, said terrorists obviously werent looking for a body count, if they were they would have waited until a bit later in the day when the offices were completely full and various tourists were around the base of the tower, etc.

No, what they wanted to accomplish, and did so very succesfully, was to disrupt our lives and economy, which, through our fear, we let them do. I mean, the deathtoll on 9/11 was the same as the people who die in car wrecks every day, not that significant.

That said, if I lived in New York, I would have been scared as hell, but I didnt feel unsafe for a minute.

I remember my mom getting quite angry with me over the next few weeks, because I wouldnt participate in well...anything.
I don't know if I would call you apathetic. Pathetic maybe would be a better term. It might fit someone who feels they have to post on this thread twice just to tell everyone how much they don't care.
Sterling Holobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:16 PM   #57
Brent88
Forum Star

Quote:

Tell that to the families of the victims. I didn't know anyone who died on 9/11, but I felt like I did.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:31 PM   #58
MaydayMalonesGirl
ACID! POLICEHHHH!
Forum Star

I was in fifth grade. I remember we went out for recess and my gym teacher told everyone that a plane crashed into the world trade center. I didn't find out it was a terrorist attack until I got home. Then a bunch on my sisters friends came over and we all went up to skyline drive and saw the smoke rising over the mountains.
MaydayMalonesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:32 PM   #59
MaydayMalonesGirl
ACID! POLICEHHHH!
Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, 3000+ people just died.... who cares?
MaydayMalonesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:44 PM   #60
Moonlight Lady
Forum Star

I was at work when it happened. They the state office up here in Albany, especially in The Corning Tower and the Agency buildings.
I didn't watch too much of the coverage it was too hard to watch.

Moonlight Lady is offline   Reply With Quote