Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Chit Chat - Main Board / Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-09-2004, 12:09 PM   #31
folfreak25
Drew and Crispin!!!
Frequent Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to folfreak25

I slept over at my friends house, and while I was getting my back pack to head back home, my friends mom was crying while she was watching CNN. I didn't really find out what is was about until I got back to my house. My grandfather had just died two days before 9/11, I had gone home with my friend after his funeral. It was a really sad week.

I am a psycho, and proud of it!

Crispin Glover and Drew Barrymore ROCK!!!!!(they make such a cute couple! hehehe, I'm obsessed!)
folfreak25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:13 PM   #32
Leigh Ann

Send a message via AIM to Leigh Ann

I was at my Freshman Faith Day. I will always remember that day. I had just gotten up when it happened. When I got to Faith Day, we turned on the radio and stood around and listened to it.

Niles & Daphne =

Precious Memories

Win Free Stuff!!

Gone, but not forgotten:

RIP my grandmother 1926-2013

RIP Joe Conley (Ike Godsey) 1928-2013

RIP Frank Bank (Lumpy Rutherford) 1942-2013

RIP Andy Griffith: 1926-2012

RIP Larry Hagman: 1931-2012

RIP Neal Cassidy (Once Upon a Time)
Leigh Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:28 PM   #33
Brent88
Forum Star

Unhappy

School. They told us NOTHING at all. I was in 8th grade, 3rd period(Keyboarding ) and they told me I was being checked out. Couldn't figure out, didn't know why. As soon as we got out the door my dad started to tell me fragments of what happened. I could hear it on the radio too. We then went to pick up my sister at Elementary school(seemed like it took FOREVER and the office was packed with people). Older people were comparing it to WWII and Pearl Harbor. I just couldn't believe it. We then went home and I was glued the TV the rest of the day. Everyday when I got home from school, I would turn on the news to see what happened. I still follow current events to this day, but rarely did before 9/11.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:44 PM   #34
*MIBabe03*
Loving Swingtown!
Forum 4K Club Member

Send a message via AIM to *MIBabe03*

I was in school and I had heard about it in PE. The next period I had a history class, and we ended up watching the rest of it on television. We ended up watching both of the towers fall.

Laura and Mario
November 10, 2006

*MIBabe03* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:46 PM   #35
Chambers
The Crane Trinity
Forum Veteran

I think I was in math class...and then I only heard about it during break. We spent the rest of the school day watching the news. (And this was in South America).

FREEDOM OF THOUGHT
*blank*
Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #36
AKA
Just some nerd.
Forum Star

I'll never forget that day as long as I live.

I woke up (and still do) by setting the alarm on the TV in my bedroom. I set it to wake me up at 6:00 that morning (although the time on my TV clock was a little slow) on my local ABC affiliate.

So the TV turns on, I wake up, and the TV is showing smoke billowing out of one of the World Trade Towers. Right after I put on my glasses, the second plane hit.

I immediately got dressed for work and went on the Internet and posted on a message board I used to frequent. I remember all the major news websites were down because they were so flooded with traffic.

Then I heard on the TV that there were reports of some sort of "fire at an executive building in Washingon, D.C. (this turned out to be the Pentagon).

But I had to go to work. By the time I got there, the security guard (who I was pretty chummy with) asked me if I'd heard what happened. Of course I answered in the affirmative.

"Well, did you hear one of the towers collapsed?"

Oh my god.

I then reported to work. But they didn't make us work. They had us on standby, so to speak.

A few minutes later, we were told that the second tower had collapsed and that we could go home.

So I spent the rest of the day watching news coverage on TV. Man, what an awful day that was.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:52 PM   #37
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

i was terrified before i knew what exactly was going on. i heard stuff about how the twin towers collapsed after being intentionally hit by planes, the white house was evacuated, all the airports shut down, i didnt have the whole story straight and i was so scared. my dad was out of the state and i didnt know what was gonna happen next. when i came to class everyone was listening to the radio about what happened. a lady was on there panicking and crying at one point and saying "my husband works on the 61st floor but not anymoe because the 61st floor dowsnt exist!" then moments later he apparently came to her and she kept saying "oh my god! oh my god!" when i got home i watched the news for the rest of the day and since i had my facts straight i felt better about it. i'm still really interested in learning about what happened.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:05 PM   #38
Janet McFarland
Forum 4K Club Member

I was in the 5th grade when this happened. We had just gotten into school and we sat down and my teacher was talking about something, and the loudspeaker asked for one of my classmates to come to the office to leave. Then all of a sudden alot of kids were starting to leave, and it was freaking me out. My friend Alex's dad came up to the classroom to pick her up and my teacher asked what was going on. He said that a plane crashed into the Twin Towers. That kinda explained why everyone was leaving, their parents were scared that something else was gonna happen so they took them out of school.
Janet McFarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 04:21 PM   #39
XxReality*StarrxX
Carrie 4 Hersheys <3
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to XxReality*StarrxX

i was in 9th grade at school n this dude came in and told us and like 20 kids parents came to get them but i stayed in school. we didnt do much in school, we had an assembly, and that was it. school let out 3 hours earlier.

7.23.05= best day, met the top 10 idols <3

<<version:carrie for hersheys>>

XxReality*StarrxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 04:45 PM   #40
I am Him
Six
Banned!!

Why would parents take their kids out of school because of the Terror attacks?
I am Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 04:49 PM   #41
Tundra Wolf
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Tundra Wolf Send a message via MSN to Tundra Wolf

School... but I didn't know right away because the dumb teachers didn't want to scare us. Instead of saying what really happened, they said "some planes crashed into a building."
Tundra Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:17 PM   #42
spunkygirl
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Originally posted by I am Him
Why would parents take their kids out of school because of the Terror attacks?
Because for all they knew the terrorists might be targeting schools next
spunkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:25 PM   #43
Janet McFarland
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Micelli
Because for all they knew the terrorists might be targeting schools next
Yeah that's what everyone thought .. it was crazy
Janet McFarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:06 PM   #44
XxReality*StarrxX
Carrie 4 Hersheys <3
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to XxReality*StarrxX

Quote:
Originally posted by HwTH212
School... but I didn't know right away because the dumb teachers didn't want to scare us. Instead of saying what really happened, they said "some planes crashed into a building."
yeah, they just told us there was an emergency but they didnt tell u what happened exactly.
XxReality*StarrxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:12 PM   #45
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

I also remember being really scared.....I wouldnt leave my moms side and I had to fight with my mom to go to school the next day

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote