Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Chit Chat - Main Board / Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-08-2004, 11:09 PM   #16
~LadyJess~
Football Chick
Forum Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ~LadyJess~

I was a sophomore in high school in my 3rd hour English class when my teacher came running in and said, "Two planes just crashed into the World Trade Center!" and turned on the TV. We watched the footage in all of my classes for the rest of the day.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:12 PM   #17
Dutabi84
kittens must die
Forum Fanatic

I was at home puting the finishing touches on my lunch watching sportscenter, when my sister called. She asked me if I saw what happened. I didn't, so I switched to ABC. After a few minutes, I saw the 2nd plane come in and hit the tower. I was stunned.

At school in my first hour class, I got to watch coverage of it for that hour. Then I got home, and watched coverage of it for the rest of the night.
Dutabi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:14 PM   #18
MandieR1980

Send a message via AIM to MandieR1980

Quote:
Originally posted by ~LadyJess~
I was a sophomore in high school in my 3rd hour English class when my teacher came running in and said, "Two planes just crashed into the World Trade Center!" and turned on the TV. We watched the footage in all of my classes for the rest of the day.
I kinda wish I was still in school at that moment in time but I graduated in 99. I wished I had someone to talk to while it was happening my mom was out with her mom and sister and her stupid friend who was living with us at the time was watching tv and didn't even know about it until dinner time. Well he's a complete idiot anyways

myspace.com/mlr930
MandieR1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:28 PM   #19
ThirteenInchEscape
Banned
Banned!!

Send a message via AIM to ThirteenInchEscape

my mom woke me up at like 6 or whenever it happened Pacific time and said "you should turn on the TV" so I sat there and watched

To this day I have never cared, not until I read this, did I realize what an apathetic minority I am.

Dont hate me for saying that I didnt care and still dont, I'm sure it's worse for me that I dont care than for you that I dont care.
ThirteenInchEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:39 PM   #20
musicradio77
Disney Expert
Forum Veteran

Send a message via MSN to musicradio77 Send a message via Yahoo to musicradio77
Unhappy Allan Sniffen's Board Reflections 9-11 Tribute

Quote:
Originally posted by Jen1989
I was heading to my morning class, a few minutes passed and the professor told us that a plane had just crashed into a building. At that point we didn't know about the second plane crash. It was either 9AM or 9:25AM that morning. I think we were all in shock. It wasn't until later on when I saw the news that I saw just how bad things were. It was so tragic.
Jen1989, I just came through my Board Reflections Archives section on my PM that I found a touching 9-11 tribute as told by Allan Sniffen, webmaster and administrator at musicradio77.com. If you want to listen to this special Board Reflections in its entirety, here is the Board Reflections 9-11 Tribute Special by Allan Sniffen. Enjoy the moment!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:50 PM   #21
Jrnygrl
Forum 4K Club Member

I used to work the early shift, I live on the west coast so the early shift for me was 5:00 am. I got a call from my mom at about who told me that my aunt who lives on the east coast called her and said a plane had crashed into the WTC. My job didn't have television or anything so, I didn't get to see the pictures until about 2:00 pm, and what I saw made me cry! I just couldn't believe someone could do this.

My thoughts and prayers to the families who lost loved ones three years ago.

Jrnygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:03 AM   #22
Ags2000
Red 2/13/90 -1/5/06
Forum Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ags2000

I was on my to class when I heard about the first plane. I turned my car around and came back home. I was watching CNN when the second plane hit...that image still haunts me. I stayed hame and was glued to the television. When I heard about the pentagon being hit I got scared b/c my brother lived in D.C. at the time and had several friends he regularly visited there. I tried calling him at his home and cel phone but received no answer. I was scared to death not knowing. I received a phone call from a friend of mine asking about my brother. When I told her I couldn't locate him she immediately came over and stayed with me all day. I finally got ahold of my brother and was so relieved. He was at home and had been at home the entire time. He was asleep when it first occured and my dad had called and woken him up.

He spent the rest of the day making phone calls trying to locate friends. One in particular because his office was where the plane crashed into. My brother finally heard from him around midnight that night. He had been blown through a wall into the next office. He and his secretaty were the only ones from his office to survive. It took them all day to crawl out. He was one of the lucky ones...although I don't know how lucky. He has gone insane and been in and out of mental institutes ever since.

On a side note, I was in D.C. 6 months later. While on a tour of Arlington Cemetary I talked with one of the tour guides who was on duty that day. His bus was over at the Kenedy Memorial when the plane hit the Pentagon. He said they saw it hit from where they were parked at. They all were shocked into silence. as they took the tour group back he said he remembered 4 Brits on the bus. When they got off the 4 of them went up to him and said, "You will make it through this. Nothing can keep America down." He had tears in his eyes as he told us this.

I gotta say, September 11th sure did bring alot of people together.

D
God Bless America!
Ags2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:09 AM   #23
~*Belle N'Shawn forever~*
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to ~*Belle N'Shawn forever~* Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Belle N'Shawn forever~*

i was workin on that day when everything happend even the plain rode past our building kinda scary.
~*Belle N'Shawn forever~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:21 AM   #24
theanswerman
OMGWTFLOLZ

i was at school.
my cat woke up up at like 5:30 this morning. she wanted me to let her out of the room. then she came back in and wanted to play.

rufus wainwright - in a graveyard

This next song is a song about death, and...how you shouldn't be afraid of it. Also, I wrote it on acid, so it should be pretty good..."
theanswerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:25 AM   #25
barwars
Forum Fanatic

8th Grade, in Social Studies class, our teacher turned on the TV immediately after hearing the first tower had been hit.

I can still remember Charlie Gibson's reaction (on Good Morning America) when the second tower was hit.
barwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:34 AM   #26
theanswerman
OMGWTFLOLZ

i remember sitting in language arts i think it was 2nd period and through the course of like 30 minutes about 10 had left and i remember walking back from the bathroom and saw this girl asking her mom why she was leaving and she told her daughter that something very bad had happened and many people were going to leave early that day. then on the bus ride home, the bus drive had the radio on, and she explained to us what happened. when i got home my dad was watching it, they showed the planes hit the towers about 5 times in a row. my mom and my brother were in washington dc that day and they were stuck in traffic for about 2 hours so they got home later.

the next day we didnt have school and on the 13th i remember all of our homeroom talking about it, and this girl named jessica started crying because her mom was scheduled to be on one of the flights that hit the towers.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:38 AM   #27
Kitt
James Dean
Forum Veteran

I don't know yet. Today is only 9/9.
Kitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:44 AM   #28
theanswerman
OMGWTFLOLZ

Quote:
Originally posted by Kitt
I don't know yet. Today is only 9/9.
lxzol urs os funnay21!11
Old 09-09-2004, 11:46 AM   #29
I am Him
Six
Banned!!

I was at work surfing the web and listening to the radio. One of those crazy morning shows. They mentioned a plane crashed into one of the Twin towers. At first I was under the impression it was a small private plane that crashed into it. When they later said it was a jet liner I was suprised the building was still standing. I didn't have access to a TV, and all the news sites were jammed with traffic, so I had to get my info from a message board.

At first I didn't believe it was arab terrorist. I figured it was one of those Timothy McVeigh types. Back during the Columbine shootings it was reported that if the shooters survived they would later hyjack a plane and crash it into the world trade center.

I figured it would be too complicated a thing for a group of visiters to the US to pull off. Aparently not. Then again it wasn't all that complicated.

Learn how to fly a jetliner
Hyjack a jetliner with box cutters
fly plane into the world trade center.

It was a simple plan. The surprising thing is the fact that someone would actually do it. The hyjackers killed themselves just to destroy a building.

The other amazing thing is that no one has officially claimed responsibility for the attack. Whats the point of destroying a building and not claiming credit for it? It wasn't as if it was a military target that would weaken the US. It was an office building. One of thousands.

I guess terrorist logic will never be understood.
I am Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:58 AM   #30
spunkygirl
Forum Superstar

I had gotten up early and turned the tv on like I do normally and came across the news and that's when I heard, then I saw the second plane hit I was in shock, I was scared because my dad flies alot for business and was freaking out cause I was afraid he might be on any of the planes, I couldn't reach him for a few hours, then he finally called my stepmom to let her know he was allright, safe and sound in his hotel room.

I am crying now thinking about all this
spunkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote