Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Chit Chat - Main Board / Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu
Damon Wayans Jr. to Host Frogger; Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens Getting All-Star Guests
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-08-2004, 09:44 PM   #1
passionsfan79
Proud to be Sara fan

Send a message via AIM to passionsfan79 Send a message via MSN to passionsfan79 Send a message via Yahoo to passionsfan79
Default where were you 9/11?

where was everyone on 9/11? i was at my moms house and happpened to turn it on cnn

Member of the Sara Evans fan club since Dec 05 2005 forever
passionsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:47 PM   #2
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
MISS APRIL
Forum Addict

Location: Parsonsfield ME Shaws - Screwing my way up the employment ladder!
Send a message via AIM to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤

School and then home.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:47 PM   #3
AllIWantIsYourClutch
peaceout.
Forum Icon

Send a message via AIM to AllIWantIsYourClutch

I was in 8th grade and I was at school. I was sitting in my math class and my social studies teacher kept coming in and whispering stuff to my math teacher. Then a few hours later when I had social studies, he told us about it....Then a few minutes after that, we had an assembly about it.
AllIWantIsYourClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:49 PM   #4
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Addict

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

In school, I was in 4th grade when it happened, and I was in English, and than the prinipal came in and told us that we're safe and there was nothing to worried about, then she told us what happened. At first I thought it was just a plane crash, I didnt know how bad it was until I saw my teacher crying. Then when I got home my mom gave my friend and I an explanation on what happened.

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com

Last edited by EmoJoe; 09-09-2004 at 06:15 PM.
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:52 PM   #5
80s_Fan
Healthcare_Clerk

Unhappy I Was At Work

I was at work at the time but I'm no longer employed there, anyway; I found out after work cause at the time, it's one of my co-workers that told me about it. I couldn't believe it and then when I got home and turned on the television and saw what had happened, I just stood there in shock and couldn't believe it.
I was in shock for at least a week or two.

Then, that night "Bush" spoke out about it and I cried a little bit and then when I saw it in the newspaper and just heard more and more about it, I was shocked, sad, all of those feelings mixed together.

80s_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:56 PM   #6
-*Forever*-
<3333333333333333333
Forum Celebrity

Location: Manlius, NY in reality. Deerfield Beach, FL in my heart.
Send a message via AIM to -*Forever*-

I was in school. I was in 7th grade and we were in Gym class. I remember Mrs. Andrews (the teacher) being very upset and we all had no idea why. She was practically crying. Then we all went to the auditorium and our lovely speech giving (not) principal, Mr. Riemer, gave us this speech.

"Some people have been flying planes into buildings. Don't worry, we're safe here."

And then we were free to go. It wasn't until I made it to art class and Mrs. Staub explained that we all really understood. And then I came home and it all felt so weird.

"Mmm... no... Jeter does not do it for me.
He looks like the Rock had sex with a muppet."
-*Forever*- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:57 PM   #7
passionsfan79
Proud to be Sara fan

Send a message via AIM to passionsfan79 Send a message via MSN to passionsfan79 Send a message via Yahoo to passionsfan79

at first i thought it was just a plane accident. i thought i would post this early since its almost 3 days for the 3rd year anniversery
passionsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:00 PM   #8
BowWowsBaby
O'Ryan...October 19
Forum Regular

I was in sixth grade at the time. I remember I was walking back to my class from the water fountain and I saw that my old 5th grade teacher, Mr. Seigel had the TV on and I was thinking "well that's starnge he never had the TV on" then I went back to class and my teacher didn't tell us anything but he looked kind of distracted,...I didn't think anything of it. Then, I came home and my mom told me what happened. I'll never forget the footage, the pain in peoples faces, the firefighters who risked their lifes to try to save others. I'm crying right now as I type this...it's just so hard to comprehend.

In memory of everyone who lost their lives on 9/11 and their families ....lets also take a minute to remember those on Flight 93 that day

Theres always that one person that will always have your heart.
You never see it comin cause your blinded from the start. Know that your that one for me, it's clear for everyone to see.....You will always be my boo.
http://mp.aol.com/audio.index.adp?mx...604.h305.p7.R1
BowWowsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:07 PM   #9
Liza
BestYearsofOurLives
Forum Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Liza

In my dorm room, in bed. I didn't have any morning classes and was trying to sleep in, but I woke up around 9:30 with a huge earache. So I was trying to get back to sleep when my mom called. I still remember this conversation word-for-word:

"Em, do you have Amy's phone number?"
"Amy? Ah, no I don't think so. Why?"
"Why? She lives in DC!"
"So?"
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON?!"
"No. What?"
"WE'RE UNDER TERRORIST ATTACK!"
"Huh?"
"TURN ON THE TV!"
"What channel?"
"ANY CHANNEL!"

I'm glad I had my mom to talk to when I found out. I was just staring at the tv gaping with my mom on the phone. Then I went to my neighbor's room because I didn't want to be alone and started to cry. One of the girls did too, but her roommate was on the phone with her mom planning how to get herself to Canada. To this day I still can't believe how selfish she was, thinking only of herself at that moment.

So I went back to my room, and then a few minutes later my roommate came running through the door screaming "WHERE'S YOUR DAD?" She knew he traveled all the time, and in fact had flown out of Newark airport the week before. Thank God, he was perfectly safe. But the minute she had found out she had run out of her class, across campus, to ask about my dad. She's a lovely person. We just stayed together the rest of the day, lit a candle and cried.
Liza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:22 PM   #10
G-Force Glockstar
Forum Superstar

At school. I was either in 3rd or 4rth grade.
My teacher explained some of it, but I didn't totally understand, so my Mom explained it to me then when I got home. I remember we talked about it while we ate at Pizza Hut.
I was a little scared then.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:26 PM   #11
musicradio77
Disney Expert
Forum Veteran

Send a message via MSN to musicradio77 Send a message via Yahoo to musicradio77

I was at work at Gateway where the attack happened. As I came home at around 4:30 PM, I saw the entire wall-to-wall coverage of the news. I have the newspaper of how the attack happened. It was from the Kingston's Daily Freeman from 9-12-01. I have my avatar to reflect back on 9-11.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:32 PM   #12
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Addict

7th grade, Living Environment second period. Didn't know until school got out. I thought it was world war 3. The end.

Welcome!
Everything is fine.

*Pleasant Tomorrow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:54 PM   #13
PZelda
Two Valeries! <3
Forum Addict

I was a junior in high school. When the planes crashed into the WTC, I was in my period 0 PE class and we had it outside that day, so obviously there were no TV's around. It wasn't until I'd gone on to my period 1 world history class that I found out there. My interpreter came in a few minutes late and when she sat down, she said to me, "Did you hear about what happened?" I said, "No...what happened?" and she said, "Two planes crashed into the World Trade Center an hour ago." To that, I said, "Nope, I didn't hear about it. I was in gym class and we had it outside today."

Nothing more was spoken of it for the rest of my world history class, sooooo it wasn't until I walked over to my period 2 accounting class that I FINALLY realized how real it was. From that point on, all we did was watch the CNN coverage of 9/11. No homework was assigned that day in ANY of my classes.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:01 PM   #14
consentida
oh, you pretty things
Forum 3K Club Member

I was in 9th grade in my Spanish class. There were letters distributed to all the teachers and my teacher read it to us. I had no idea what the hell was going on. I was really confused. They didnt even let us go home early to be with our family or anything. We had to stay there like it was a regular day...
consentida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:04 PM   #15
MandieR1980

Send a message via AIM to MandieR1980

I was at home still sleeping. I found out when I came online and it was on my AOL welcome screen I thought at first it was a scene from a new movie.

myspace.com/mlr930
MandieR1980 is offline   Reply With Quote