Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Chit Chat - Main Board / Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-20-2002, 04:09 PM   #16
Sitcomwriter
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Sitcomwriter Send a message via AIM to Sitcomwriter Send a message via Yahoo to Sitcomwriter

Quote:
Originally posted by WingsFan
This topic now makes me see why people have "I Hate John-Paul" and "I Hate Sitcomwriter" in their signatures. This guy is a narrow-minded arse-hole!!! I ought to write the "European" way from now on just to spite this stupid jerk.
This was just a rant post.I was bored and just wanted to get things off my chest.
Sitcomwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 04:55 PM   #17
vienna waits
Forum Celebrity

Geez people dont have a cow. He said he doesnt like how people from England spell favorite, he never said he didnt like people from England. Lighten up. Thats pathetic that some of you hate him just because of this post.
vienna waits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 05:13 PM   #18
Chocoholic
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by tootieismyfav
Geez people dont have a cow. He said he doesnt like how people from England spell favorite, he never said he didnt like people from England. Lighten up. Thats pathetic that some of you hate him just because of this post.
It was still a very insensitive thing to say.
Chocoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 05:34 PM   #19
XoVanillaRain90oX
youre RAD <3<3
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jo's the bomb
and THEATHER...THEATHRE
i spell it theatre!! lol

it gets me annoyed when i see an U in words like color and favorite because I dont spell the words like that. Doesnt mean the word w/ the U is wrong, just different to us/me.

Proud PLAY fan, that's right 2001 - forever.
XoVanillaRain90oX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 05:47 PM   #20
dawsongirl
Forum Icon

Angry

First of all, I suggest you check out a British English/American English Dictionary. The huge amounts of differences between the two languages would make your brain freeze up in horror.

Second- like everyone else said, who the hell cares how it's spelled?

Third- I suggest you NOT go to the UK and tell anyone there this nonsense, because from what I've been reading up on the subject for my linguistics class, many English people are very sensitive about their language, the "King's English," and seriously dislike Americans for changing it.

What's next? Slamming how people from the South talk? New Yorkers? Australians?

Last edited by dawsongirl; 02-20-2002 at 05:48 PM.
dawsongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 05:49 PM   #21
Mossopp
asleep at the wheel
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tootieismyfav
No - what's "pathetic" is him spitting it over something stupid like how we spell the word "favourite". That is insensitive and stupid, not to mention immature. I don't hate him cos of it - I just think he's a bit stoopid (the letter U in that word has been censored so as to avoid insulting Sitcom Writer with my Britishness!)

And Sitcom Writer - if the only reason you posted that was cos you were bored and wanted something to moan about, I suggest you choose something important to "rant" about next time. Try some constructive critisim - preferably something that doesn't involve the word "EWWWWWWW"!

And one more thing before I go. He is not critising the "English" way of spelling things, people - it's the British way (that's one thing he did get right). We like our 'U''s in Scotland and Wales just as much as the English do, thank you very much!

Fare thee well!
Mossopp
* sick of Americans thinking that England constitutes the whole of Britain *

Last edited by Mossopp; 02-20-2002 at 06:14 PM.
Mossopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 05:50 PM   #22
Kay Scarpetta
Defy Gravity 8.26.05
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally posted by WingsFan
It was still a very insensitive thing to say.
exactly... and he could have said it nicely. He didn't have to get all gone in the head about it

To be a Broadway Freak, you must live, eat, sleep, study, devout, think, obsess, dream, believe Broadway.
You must know original & revival casts, soundtracks, performance runs, dates, theatres, numbers, how many Tony Awards A Chorus Line won.
You must be Broadway.
That's right bitches. I AM Broadway.
Kay Scarpetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:14 AM   #23
Dude111
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm & Fuzzy
It's kind of like COLOR and COLOUR.... I personally see nothing wrong with adding an U.
I dont either!!

I am from the USA and I saw FAVOURITE,COLOUR,CHEQUE........

I like them better
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote