Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Chit Chat - Main Board / Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu
Damon Wayans Jr. to Host Frogger; Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens Getting All-Star Guests
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Is it right?
Yes 1 4.35%
No 22 95.65%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2004, 12:59 AM   #16
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally posted by ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
Well, I know attempting suicide is illegal, but wtf O_O.
Yeah, i've heard that it's illegal in "some countries" because i read about suicide a lot in encyclopedias and stuff but it applies to the US? It's none of the government's damn business anyway, only their family and friends. yeah it'll cost them for a funeral and all but who gives a damn. Is it "self-murder"? And if people really do get the death penalty for trying to kill themself then it will give suicidal people more hope of dying. They want to die, so the government kills them as a punishment. smooth. i doubt that's true, but if it is, that's damn ****ed up. Death really is the only way of hell for some people. I don't mean that in a "you just don't understand what it's like!!!!!!" way, but even if the government doesn't agree they should just stay of their damn business.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:05 AM   #17
Dutabi84
kittens must die
Forum Fanatic

Boy would that be redundant.
Dutabi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 01:08 AM   #18
¤I Love Clay Aiken¤
MISS APRIL
Forum Addict

Location: Parsonsfield ME Shaws - Screwing my way up the employment ladder!
Send a message via AIM to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤I Love Clay Aiken¤

Quote:
Originally posted by safety pin
Yeah, i've heard that it's illegal in "some countries" because i read about suicide a lot in encyclopedias and stuff but it applies to the US? It's none of the government's damn business anyway, only their family and friends. yeah it'll cost them for a funeral and all but who gives a damn. Is it "self-murder"? And if people really do get the death penalty for trying to kill themself then it will give suicidal people more hope of dying. They want to die, so the government kills them as a punishment. smooth. i doubt that's true, but if it is, that's damn ****ed up. Death really is the only way of hell for some people. I don't mean that in a "you just don't understand what it's like!!!!!!" way, but even if the government doesn't agree they should just stay of their damn business.
Yes, its illegal in the US too. Its considered a murder. Even though it is yourself, its still considered a crime. I understand how it is illegal and I do think legal matters should be placed if someone attempts suicide. Im not saying they should get a murder trial- which I dont think happens anyways.. that would make no sense, obviously they cant claim innocense O_O, but I think they should try and get them some help. Most people who attempt suicide dont even want to die, they want to be stopped. And I said most people, so dont get defensive as if Im speaking for all people who are suicidal.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:34 AM   #19
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Icon

nah - i dont think they should get the death penalty, but i do think they should that it should be considered a very serious crime, and so they should get a life sentence.
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 01:41 PM   #20
Mossopp
asleep at the wheel
Forum 3K Club Member

I know that sucide is illegal in some places - the U.S. is one of them, I believe - but I don't think a botched suicide attempt is punishable by death. As someone already said, it would defeat the purpose somewhat if you killed someone as punishment for trying to kill themself in the first instance!
Personally, I don't think suicide or attempting it should be a crime. If it is then that effectively means that we don't even have control over our own lives. And if we don't have that, then what do we have, really?
Old 09-01-2004, 07:58 PM   #21
theshark8777
Hats for Bats
Forum Veteran

As stated before you can't get the death penality for attemped suicide. But it is a crime in the US. That's why it's called attempting or committing suicide.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:18 PM   #22
Michael [hXc]
dying.
Forum Veteran

Personally I don't think it should be illegal. If someone wants to die because they are so miserable beyond control or are pushed way past the limit, then they shouldn't be forced to live miserably. But I would never consider committing suicide myself though.
I'm scared one day I'll say,
"I don't love this anymore,"
Turn my back on all my fans...
Who's to think about?
The brighter I shine, the darker my shadows.
And they pull me behind, as I let off the pedal.
Why should I divide what feels so right?
Is this where I want to lay?
Michael [hXc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:22 PM   #23
TheGreatPretender
just because
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by safety pin
Some people don't know the difference between a "murder" and being suicidal
Old 09-01-2004, 08:25 PM   #24
TheGreatPretender
just because
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Mossopp
I know that sucide is illegal in some places - the U.S. is one of them, I believe - but I don't think a botched suicide attempt is punishable by death. As someone already said, it would defeat the purpose somewhat if you killed someone as punishment for trying to kill themself in the first instance!
Personally, I don't think suicide or attempting it should be a crime. If it is then that effectively means that we don't even have control over our own lives. And if we don't have that, then what do we have, really?

TheGreatPretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:23 PM   #25
Lee
veteran member
Forum 4K Club Member

Question

I take it this is a joke poll, right?
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:29 PM   #26
folfreak25
Drew and Crispin!!!
Frequent Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to folfreak25

As I see it, people everyday are slowly killing themselves by smoking, doing drugs, aids etc. So Suicide is a quick way to get it over with. Woah, I'm bitter

I am a psycho, and proud of it!

Crispin Glover and Drew Barrymore ROCK!!!!!(they make such a cute couple! hehehe, I'm obsessed!)
folfreak25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:48 AM   #27
Dude111
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael [hXc]
I don't think anyone will vote yes for this
I caint believe one person has so far!! (Unless it was a mistake (Ah man!!))

Its stupid..... If someone wants to OFF themselves,let them!!!!

ITS THIER LIFE!!!!!!!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote