Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu Renews Love, Victor for Season 3; Archer Season 12 Premieres August 25 on FXX
Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-16-2021, 01:28 PM   #766
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer View Post
Comments like these drive me nuts:

"Callie Thornburgh was dumb for not letting her dad shoot Steve Wilson."
"Charles Horvath's friend was terrible for not letting him in before his disappearance!"
"Oliver Munson was stupid to not go into hiding before having to testify."

We all know hindsight is 20/20, but these comments completely disregard the information the people had at the time these events occurred. Callie would have had no way of knowing that Steve would return and hurt her dad. Charles' friend didn't know he was going to disappear forever after not letting him into a family gathering. And Oliver Munson certainly didn't know that other witnesses set to testify against the same person he was supposed to had been murdered prior to being able to do so.

And these comments don't even get into the bigger victim blaming territory that we see with plenty of other cases, but they're still very annoying to me nonetheless and putting blame in the wrong places.
Plenty of armchair quarterbacking in regards to a slew of cases. Many of which involved situations that we've been in ourselves countless times and wouldn't give a second thought about. But because these people have information AFTER the fact, they go back and blame/judge the victim.

It would be like a woman going to the bank to deposit a check. Then she notices a robber in the booth next to her who shoots up the place. Sure enough, you'd have some person on the internet saying, "that lady was so stupid. She'd be alive today if she didn't go to the bank."

Not having psychic powers is enough to get you ridiculed by some people.
dynoguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:53 PM   #767
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
Plenty of armchair quarterbacking in regards to a slew of cases. Many of which involved situations that we've been in ourselves countless times and wouldn't give a second thought about. But because these people have information AFTER the fact, they go back and blame/judge the victim.

It would be like a woman going to the bank to deposit a check. Then she notices a robber in the booth next to her who shoots up the place. Sure enough, you'd have some person on the internet saying, "that lady was so stupid. She'd be alive today if she didn't go to the bank."

Just like people blaming Kari Lynn Nixon's father. Because someone less than two years away from being a legal adult apparently shouldn't be asked to walk a few hundred yards to the store and back in a minuscule town with no violent crime.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:19 AM   #768
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post

I have the opinion that if you put yourself in a dangerous situation, danger could possibly happen. Obviously people like Oliver Munson or Kari Lynn Nixon didn't know they were in a dangerous situation and I REALLY hate victim blaming.
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:52 AM   #769
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

The Frontera Prison scandal was ridiculously overblown by UM and Betty Thompson.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:23 PM   #770
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion per se, but I've always felt like Scott Hill never intended to be found, and perhaps were it not for the UM segment he would've continued living his new life away from his family.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:22 AM   #771
unsolved88
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86 View Post
I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion per se, but I've always felt like Scott Hill never intended to be found, and perhaps were it not for the UM segment he would've continued living his new life away from his family.
I agree. Ditto for Alex Cooper.
unsolved88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 04:38 PM   #772
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

I enjoy Seasons 11 and 12 (Lifetime) more than 8-10 (CBS), mostly because of the selected cases being pretty interesting.
WishfulDreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:55 PM   #773
isotope
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer View Post
I enjoy Seasons 11 and 12 (Lifetime) more than 8-10 (CBS), mostly because of the selected cases being pretty interesting.

I've been rewatching the later seasons recently, as I've said before, in some ways they're a little depressing (obviously massively reduced budget, increasingly frail sounding Stack) but the cases on them are genuinely interesting (I just watched the one about the disappearance of Lenny Dirikson... a case that's rarely commented on here but is utterly baffling).

Additionally, the last seasons of the show just feel "snappier" - segments contained less of the endless irrelevant background details and discussion of investigative dead ends that you would find in the earlier seasons and the ratio of paranormal/lost loves segments to far more interesting crime/disappearance stories seems to have been significantly reduced.
isotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:22 PM   #774
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

a few unpopular opinions off the top of my head:

Chip Broussard is legit the funniest interview ever on UM because he is so obviously lying. It's a one take, no edit, with him staring into camera and it makes it even funnier that it lingers a bit on him when he's done.
Nobody magically finds a baby in the desert or on a train. They were undisclosed pregnancies for various reasons.
I cannot watch the Anthonette Cayedito segment.
Tommy Zeigler is guilty, but everything is so corrupt in that town, and heck Florida, we will never know the real story.
Mike Reimer was a victim of the same killer as Diane.
I believe Doyle Wheeler.
I do not believe Sarah Powell.
I'm unsure about Jon Grundhofer but think the story is kinda fishy.
Tony Lombardi's death was a suicide. So was Charles Morgan's.
The Las Cruces Bowling Alley massacre will, sadly, never be solved.
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote