Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Chit Chat - Main Board / Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 07:05 PM   #46
shotzette
De Facto Queen of Everything

"Awesome" ends in "Me".

Coincidence?

I think not.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:35 PM   #47
Caroline13
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Well people have very strong opinion on things and they dont like anyone who thinks different I have noticed........
Yes it's fine to have strong opinions, but the Rudeness of some is almost laughable, one has to laugh or let it all get to them. Wonder which barn they were born in.

Keep It Simple
Old 04-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #48
shotzette
De Facto Queen of Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Yes it's fine to have strong opinions, but the Rudeness of some is almost laughable, one has to laugh or let it all get to them. Wonder which barn they were born in.
Barns in which we were taught never to end a sentence with a preposition.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:42 AM   #49
GentlemanJim
Casual Observer

Quote:
Oh they ALL attack the ideas/opinions of mine, but often their comments get close to personal attacks on me...and I've reported some that I thought were in question. Many are just plain rude...

Obviously you consider your critics to be unfair?

I consider my critics to be uninformed. Give it a try...
Old 04-22-2021, 02:16 PM   #50
Caroline13
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post
Obviously you consider your critics to be unfair?

I consider my critics to be uninformed. Give it a try...
Uninformed is good, many are and don't want to change. About unfair, I think rude is a good word for so many. In the last 6 months or so I've been directed to some forums and talk about Rude, omg. I still hang in with one and why I don't know, ready to unsubscribe any day.

It's so healthy to be able to print or discuss all the points of view out there, but so many are just headstrong, closed to others views.

I have a good friend who thinks so much like I do but in some areas we do differ and that doesn't make not a friend. She has so many good traits, and I look at them more than the 1 or 2 that don't fit me...

So many just don't look at everything. Judging someone they don't even know because of their opinions....
Old 04-30-2021, 09:52 AM   #51
Janice Johnson
Commercial Lover
Forum 3K Club Member

I got permanantly banned from Slot Fanatics for starting a thread called,"Favorite Posters?" I meant it to be a PRAISE thread and it got TWO replies before being completely deleted in less than an hour.and I got a message informing me I was permanantly banned....
Old 04-30-2021, 03:06 PM   #52
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice Johnson View Post
I got permanantly banned from Slot Fanatics for starting a thread called,"Favorite Posters?" I meant it to be a PRAISE thread and it got TWO replies before being completely deleted in less than an hour.and I got a message informing me I was permanantly banned....
DANG, that's strict! Sorry that happened to you; that's messed up.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:48 PM   #53
Caroline13
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice Johnson View Post
Some groups are so heavily moderated and people are given infractions and banned for some of the minor issues, truly minor. TJ does a great job and let's members air their opinions etc...life is so short and to cross every t and dot every i. -- forget that. As they say in AA, Progress Not Perfection. I learned so much from that program.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:51 PM   #54
Janice Johnson
Commercial Lover
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
DANG, that's strict! Sorry that happened to you; that's messed up.
Thanks. I was stunned too that I got a ban for that... I could see the Admin thinking,"This Person is obviously attempting to get Posters to alienate each other with this Thread, it's only a matter of time before Posters start fighting over not being chosen as "Favorite Posters?" To Posters they like. I'm going to delete it and ban her permanantly. " I feel that a deletion and a Warning would have been sufficient. Other People said something similar that I deserved a Deletion, not a permanent ban...
Old 04-30-2021, 09:54 PM   #55
IllinoisTVFan
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Today's society has more and more people being silenced or deleted from info sites because of their opinions and I'm talking higher profile people as well as members of forums...I've found in recent months forums that are Wild and allow so much rude comments made to and about other members, and there needs to be respect for all opinions, isn't that Freedom of Speech...what happened to that one? It's on this forum and I've experienced that. I certainly don't agree with everyone but don't call them names and attack them.
It's a private board so freedom of speech isn't the same thing. There doesn't need to be respect for "both" viewpoints when one is downright dangerous and spreading lies that could kill people. And yes you do attack people, you attacked me in another thread so stop this "poor me" bit.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:54 AM   #56
Mario500
Frequent Poster

(quotes some texts I had believed were made in regards to another ban against me from another message board)

Quote:
Banned
You do not have permission to view this site.
Quote:
Warning issued by Zaysho
Quote:
Penalty
Given 3 points which will never expire.
Content moderated - Indefinitely
Restricted from posting - Indefinitely
Banned - Indefinitely
Quote:
Note for member
The report function is not for spamming moderation with complaints about mild language being used in referenced to a [expletive] looking Sonic remaster. This kind of targeted behavior will not be tolerated and it's obvious this is all you're here to do so I suggest finding another community.
(acknowledges the message board I had mentioned before the quotations earlier in this message as having had been one from which I had never posted)

(note: the texts mentioned earlier in this message were found on a certain World Wide Web site separate from this one from which the message board mentioned earlier in this message was located)
Old 06-18-2021, 12:44 PM   #57
Dude111
Forum Veteran

Im sorry you were blocked buddy
Old 06-23-2021, 02:17 PM   #58
Caroline13
Forum 3K Club Member

Just thinking this morning about how this tech world has given us a lot of good but SO MUCH anger, hating, banning, censoring, stealing, hacking from others' bank accounts and it goes on and on, just Terrible on all the Negative things that take place. And it goes on in the smallest of venues and the major ones...
Old 06-23-2021, 03:06 PM   #59
Caroline13
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
They are quite big.

Threads: 2,787,712, Posts: 57,559,934, Members: 2,349,253

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/

I happened on C-D about 5 yrs ago and YES, it's big but one picks and choose where they feel like posting. I'm into health and fitness and MOST alternative medicines and I believe C-D could be funded by pharma but don't that for sure. They don't seem to ban the pharma members but pick on ones who want to take care of their health without pharma. When I first joined one of the Senior crabs infractioned me since I placed a post in a wrong area, so instead of telling me she just gave me an infraction. So a lot of crabs on that group.

And they have a great Games area and Politics too and it's pretty moderated but all parties have a say so. And Religion, Relationships, Psychology, Philosophy, Dental, Cancer, Diabetes, Music and YES it's big and a lot of choices.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:36 PM   #60
Caroline13
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan View Post
It's a private board so freedom of speech isn't the same thing. There doesn't need to be respect for "both" viewpoints when one is downright dangerous and spreading lies that could kill people. And yes you do attack people, you attacked me in another thread so stop this "poor me" bit.
Oh and I've NOT been attacked here by the mob and I can list everyone of you but won't, you know who you are...oh brother. And I don't recall attacking you, maybe what you said, but bring it to me so I can see.
Closed Thread