Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Facts of Life Online / The Facts of Life links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Facts of Life Photo Gallery / The Facts of Life - Fan Fiction Board / The Division Board

The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Six

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Six on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Seven

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Seven on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Eight

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Eight on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Series

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Series on DVD (Amazon.com)

(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Facts of Life

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal
Freeform Celebrates 30 Days of Disney in September; A-List Stars Visit Fox's Animation Domination This Fall
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 12, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-26-2019, 04:00 PM   #16
FOL-FAN-ITA
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post
Sure, but why? Mrs. Drummond was on friendly terms with Mrs. Garrett, but there was this formality between them.

Do we remember what Mr. Drummond called the boys' mother, who had been his maid? I do not.
In the episode where his mother comes to visit, he calls her Mrs. Jackson. In other episodes he calls her Lucy Mae

Last edited by FOL-FAN-ITA; 07-26-2019 at 05:25 PM.
FOL-FAN-ITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 04:09 PM   #17
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL-FAN-ITA View Post
In the episode where his mother comes to vist, he calls her Mrs. Jackson. In other episodes he calls her Lucy Mae
Thanks, ITA. So it seems as though for the most part, Mr. Drummond called his housekeepers by their first names, and they he as "Mr. Drummond". Mrs. Garrett was the only exception. Which would tie in with what '80s said about Mrs. Garrett keeping her distance.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:07 PM   #18
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
That's not a good name to call your maid!
Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL-FAN-ITA View Post
In the episode where his mother comes to vist, he calls her Mrs. Jackson. In other episodes he calls her Lucy Mae
Ah, "Mrs. Jackson" when his mother visits, I think I remember that.

I don't remember when he referred to her as "Lucy Mae" though; perhaps to her cousin Myrtle Waters? ("You're Lucy Mae's cousin?", something like that?)
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:26 PM   #19
FOL-FAN-ITA
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
Ha!

Ah, "Mrs. Jackson" when his mother visits, I think I remember that.

I don't remember when he referred to her as "Lucy Mae" though; perhaps to her cousin Myrtle Waters? ("You're Lucy Mae's cousin?", something like that?)
If I remember correctly, it was in Cousin Myrtle episode. I am sure that it was a first season episode
FOL-FAN-ITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:59 PM   #20
Lorimar Television

Very good points about the other housekeepers being on a first name basis, I never really noticed. I cant picture her being called anything but Mrs Garrett, even the girls she lived with for 7 years always called her that.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:21 PM   #21
RetroGuy2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorimar Television View Post
Very good points about the other housekeepers being on a first name basis, I never really noticed. I cant picture her being called anything but Mrs Garrett, even the girls she lived with for 7 years always called her that.
Great point; even her closest girls always called her "Mrs. Garrett" or "Mrs. G".

Tootie and Blair actually lived with Mrs. Garrett for seven years, four months, and 23 days (May 4th, 1979 to September 26th, 1986). Natalie lived with Mrs. Garrett for seven years, one month, and three days.

Surprisingly, Jo only lived with Mrs. Garrett for five years, ten months, and eight days. I thought for sure it would have been longer.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:57 AM   #22
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
Great point; even her closest girls always called her "Mrs. Garrett" or "Mrs. G".
Well there's that generational separation. It would feel VERY odd for teenage girls to call this senior citizen "Edna", lol (and yes, the DS kids called old lady Adelaide "Adelaide", but that was at her insistence, and she was not an authority figure over them or in charge of them/responsible for them).

Quote:
Tootie and Blair actually lived with Mrs. Garrett for seven years, four months, and 23 days (May 4th, 1979 to September 26th, 1986). Natalie lived with Mrs. Garrett for seven years, one month, and three days.

Surprisingly, Jo only lived with Mrs. Garrett for five years, ten months, and eight days. I thought for sure it would have been longer.
Well, you'd kind of take out summer breaks and other vacation time too, but yeah, that is a cool way of figuring it up.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #23
RetroGuy2000

Yeah, sadly I wasn't sure what dates their summer breaks would be, so I just figured, "Well, they still have most of their stuff there, so technically they're living there." So my estimate doesn't include summer breaks.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:20 AM   #24
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
Yeah, sadly I wasn't sure what dates their summer breaks would be, so I just figured, "Well, they still have most of their stuff there, so technically they're living there." So my estimate doesn't include summer breaks.
Hmm, well if we "average out" summer vacations to 3 months, then you could take out 1 year for 4 summer vacations and then then figure up what's left and subtract that, if a fan really wanted to.