Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

One Day at a Time links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / One Day at a Time Photo Gallery


One Day at a Time - The Complete First Season

Buy One Day a Time - The Complete First Season on DVD
One Day at a Time - Season Two

Buy One Day a Time - Season Two on DVD
One Day at a Time - Season Three

Buy One Day a Time - Season Three on DVD
One Day at a Time - The Complete Series

Buy One Day a Time - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > One Day at a Time

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Max Orders Series Based on Hair Love; Comedy Central Inks Deal with John Mulaney
Dead to Me Picked Up for Final Season on Netflix; CBS All Access Orders Star Trek Animated Comedy
ABC to Rebroadcast Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family and Good Times Episodes on Tuesday (July 7); Anthony Anderson and Billy Eichner to Guest Host ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! This Week
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 6, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Amazon Gets Streaming Rights to Mad Men; Too Close for Comfort on Pluto TV
Fri-Yay: Streaming Services Remove Episodes of Sitcoms Due to Racial Jokes; The Kominsky Method Final Season Announced
Netflix Renews Never Have I Ever for Season 2; Comedy Central Reviving Beavis and Butt-Head


New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2019, 06:53 PM   #751
opus
VB
Forum Veteran
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 16, 2015
Location: Wherever Barbara Cooper is
Posts: 17,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl View Post
:



Awesome!!!

I got home about 15 minutes ago. Getting all set to see HIC directed by the best director in the whole wide world!!

Oh BTW, I'm fit as a fiddle with a couple of broken strings !!
If you didnít like it you have my permission to just lie to me and say you did
opus is offline  
Old 08-05-2019, 08:54 PM   #752
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 46,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
If you didnít like it you have my permission to just lie to me and say you did

I really did like it! A really good show, lots of times I was LOLing ! To be honest, I thought the second and third eps were really funny, the pilot was good and ep. 4 was too, but 2 and 3 were very fun!! Sorry Michael!


Melanie double dated with Betty White's character ( can't remember her name in the show) with an 85 year old man and the English girl had that date with the younger guy she thought might be her bio. Son!! And ep.3 with the blind dates! And they thought one of the guys was a killer on the loose!!


Valerie looked so good in this!! It was like seeing Barbara again just a few years older !! Great show and Betty White is hilarious! I will be watching this again for sure!!
Bonniegirl is online now  
Old 08-05-2019, 10:50 PM   #753
opus
VB
Forum Veteran
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 16, 2015
Location: Wherever Barbara Cooper is
Posts: 17,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl View Post
I really did like it! A really good show, lots of times I was LOLing ! To be honest, I thought the second and third eps were really funny, the pilot was good and ep. 4 was too, but 2 and 3 were very fun!! Sorry Michael!


Melanie double dated with Betty White's character ( can't remember her name in the show) with an 85 year old man and the English girl had that date with the younger guy she thought might be her bio. Son!! And ep.3 with the blind dates! And they thought one of the guys was a killer on the loose!!


Valerie looked so good in this!! It was like seeing Barbara again just a few years older !! Great show and Betty White is hilarious! I will be watching this again for sure!!
Aww, youíre making me sad about not watching along. But I did just recently finish rewatching the series, and besides, it would be impossible for me to give it 2 hours a day. Plus having to watch commercials and edits (all these retro nets edit, right?)

Cheat sheet for the others
Betty White= Elka
Jane Leeves (the Brit)=Joy
Wendie Malik (the actress)= Victoria

Yeah, pilots usually have to do too much explaining, telling whoís who and whatís what. Then a show can start settling in. Of course thereís a few dud moments and stories along the way, but HIC stays pretty consistently good throughout. If you donít believe me just ask AB. The womanís got great taste.
opus is offline  
Old 08-05-2019, 10:56 PM   #754
opus
VB
Forum Veteran
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 16, 2015
Location: Wherever Barbara Cooper is
Posts: 17,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Aww, you’re making me sad about not watching along. But I did just recently finish rewatching the series, and besides, it would be impossible for me to give it 2 hours a day. Plus having to watch commercials and edits (all these retro nets edit, right?)

Cheat sheet for the others
Betty White= Elka
Jane Leeves (the Brit)=Joy
Wendie Malik (the actress)= Victoria

Yeah, pilots usually have to do too much explaining, telling who’s who and what’s what. Then a show can start settling in. Of course there’s a few dud moments and stories along the way, but HIC stays pretty consistently good throughout. If you don’t believe me just ask AB. The woman’s got great taste.
Oh, I forget. Did a Max show up today! (No, not that Max )
opus is offline  
Old 08-05-2019, 11:01 PM   #755
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 46,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Aww, youíre making me sad about not watching along. But I did just recently finish rewatching the series, and besides, it would be impossible for me to give it 2 hours a day. Plus having to watch commercials and edits (all these retro nets edit, right?)

Cheat sheet for the others
Betty White= Elka
Jane Leeves (the Brit)=Joy
Wendie Malik (the actress)= Victoria

Yeah, pilots usually have to do too much explaining, telling whoís who and whatís what. Then a show can start settling in. Of course thereís a few dud moments and stories along the way, but HIC stays pretty consistently good throughout. If you donít believe me just ask AB. The womanís got great taste.

YES!! And plus I have to avert my eyes in bad airplane scenarios or you will NEVER get me back on an airplane again!!! Thank God they safely landed in Cleveland in the emergency landing! In scenes like that on TV shows and movies, I practically have a heart attack just watching it, esp. if I have an upcoming airline trip planned!!!

But it ended up being cool and funny, your Melanie was a bad girl spending the night with a guy she just met!! , of course she didn't know he was married yet!

But yeah, this really is an enjoyable show! Like a more hip, cooler Golden Girls!!
Bonniegirl is online now  
Old 08-05-2019, 11:05 PM   #756
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 46,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Oh, I forget. Did a Max show up today! (No, not that Max )
OH YES!!!! I was going to mention that!!! Max was Elka's blind date in Ep. 3 , they got along really well, but she was going to dump him cause he didn't want to "Go downtown" !!
Bonniegirl is online now  
Old 08-05-2019, 11:25 PM   #757
opus
VB
Forum Veteran
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 16, 2015
Location: Wherever Barbara Cooper is
Posts: 17,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl View Post
OH YES!!!! I was going to mention that!!! Max was Elka's blind date in Ep. 3 , they got along really well, but she was going to dump him cause he didn't want to "Go downtown" !!
Stop. Youíre making me want to dump Touched By An Angel and go back to Cleveland
opus is offline  
Old 08-06-2019, 12:03 AM   #758
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 46,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Stop. Youíre making me want to dump Touched By An Angel and go back to Cleveland



And I have to be on the lookout for the ep. that Jonathan Silverman (the Birthday boy) guest stars in!!

So I really DID see Hot in Cleveland before !! You put up that ep. with Jonathan for me to watch online before and I really liked the show besides seeing Jonathan , the show was funny!!

So give me a heads up! What Season and ep. is he in??
Bonniegirl is online now  
Old 08-06-2019, 12:19 AM   #759
opus
VB
Forum Veteran
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 16, 2015
Location: Wherever Barbara Cooper is
Posts: 17,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl View Post


And I have to be on the lookout for the ep. that Jonathan Silverman (the Birthday boy) guest stars in!!

So I really DID see Hot in Cleveland before !! You put up that ep. with Jonathan for me to watch online before and I really liked the show besides seeing Jonathan , the show was funny!!

So give me a heads up! What Season and ep. is he in??
He’s near the end of season 3, ‘The Gateway Friend’



When I was looking through some of his pictures earlier for the birthday thread, I came across this


opus is offline  
Old 08-06-2019, 01:14 AM   #760
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 46,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Heís near the end of season 3, ĎThe Gateway Friendí



When I was looking through some of his pictures earlier for the birthday thread, I came across this


Oh yeah, I have seen that before! That was when Jonathan was starring in that short lived comedy " Single guy" , it wasn't a spin off per se but David Schwimmer guest starred as Ross Geller!! Remember we saw that on YouTube or somewhere on line ? They were drinking beer together and both thought the other was gay and neither really was!


And as I posted before Jonathan and David were friends in real life since high school at Beverly Hills High School! Lem went there too, of course much earlier than when these two were enrolled there!!
Bonniegirl is online now  
Old 08-06-2019, 01:38 AM   #761
opus
VB
Forum Veteran
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 16, 2015
Location: Wherever Barbara Cooper is
Posts: 17,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl View Post
Oh yeah, I have seen that before! That was when Jonathan was starring in that short lived comedy " Single guy" , it wasn't a spin off per se but David Schwimmer guest starred as Ross Geller!! Remember we saw that on YouTube or somewhere on line ? They were drinking beer together and both thought the other was gay and neither really was!


And as I posted before Jonathan and David were friends in real life since high school at Beverly Hills High School! Lem went there too, of course much earlier than when these two were enrolled there!!
I donít remember seeing it before.

On the subject of things I donít remember seeing but you probably have, can you find Michael below?

opus is offline  
Old 08-06-2019, 01:58 AM   #762
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 46,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
I donít remember seeing it before.

On the subject of things I donít remember seeing but you probably have, can you find Michael below?


YEP!!! He is far left, looking adorable yet wild with his Juan Epstein hairdo!!!


Like this is TOTALLY how he should have looked when introduced on ODAAT as Max , either like this or long haired, very bearded and disheveled clothing as he looked on Barney Miller ! THAT would have been much more believable that he and Julie would be attracted to each other ! Max was WAY too clean cut (even with the beard, it was a very neat & tidy beard and his hair and clothes were very clean and neat) if he were more discheveled looking it would be far more believable that he would totally fall in love with Julie being she was a very skinny unhealthy looking mess back than!
Bonniegirl is online now  
Old 08-06-2019, 05:53 AM   #763
MA
Member
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 82,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Toy Story has a Bonnie

Attachment 243882
I remember her from the third movie.
__________________
~*Mikaela*~
MA is offline  
Old 08-06-2019, 03:18 PM   #764
opus
VB
Forum Veteran
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 16, 2015
Location: Wherever Barbara Cooper is
Posts: 17,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl;

Oh BTW, I'm fit as a fiddle with a couple of broken strings !!

opus is offline  
Old 08-06-2019, 03:20 PM   #765
opus
VB
Forum Veteran
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 16, 2015
Location: Wherever Barbara Cooper is
Posts: 17,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl View Post
YEP!!! He is far left, looking adorable yet wild with his Juan Epstein hairdo!!!


Like this is TOTALLY how he should have looked when introduced on ODAAT as Max , either like this or long haired, very bearded and disheveled clothing as he looked on Barney Miller ! THAT would have been much more believable that he and Julie would be attracted to each other ! Max was WAY too clean cut (even with the beard, it was a very neat & tidy beard and his hair and clothes were very clean and neat) if he were more discheveled looking it would be far more believable that he would totally fall in love with Julie being she was a very skinny unhealthy looking mess back than!
Good job. Now find Valerie

Hint- look in the tree

Name:  E81DD972-DD4D-4E23-ACD7-2E28763153D2.jpeg
Views: 31
Size:  98.1 KB
opus is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.