Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soaps Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Soaps

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-19-2003, 03:17 PM   #1
angel676

Default Days: "Tony & Marlena"

What does everyone think of Tony and Marlena's relationship? Will their
closeness be the destruction of John
and Marlena's marriage? Are you for
or against a Tony and Marlena pairing?
What does everyone think?
angel676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:54 PM   #2
I Dream of Jeannie
Undisputed..........

Location: Rebelling againist a group, defining a genre, and supporting Deidre -n- Drake and John and Marlena no matter what, and thanking Mr. Reilly for this magnificant storyline. Woohoo!! Life is good! Dee and Drake are bad. he he he

I think that their "relationship" is HOGWASH!!!!! What the junk is wrong with Marlena, HELLO!!!!! He is manipulating her like crazy!! I don't think that this will be the destruction of J&M's marriage, I mean they are meant to be, SURELY, the writers know BETTER than to split them up permanately. And I'm AGAINIST PHONY BOLONEY MONY BIG TIME!!!!!! I think that it is going to be the next Jope!!!! But this time Marlena will be the one that is written WAY out of character, and is mean and cold towards John. I really want to know why Corday wants to end this show. I remember back during the week of J&M's reunion in 1997 Days had a 6.9 in the ratings, which just goes to show that J&M are the money couple when written correctly. Now today after almost 3 years of Lanagan's HORRIBLE DESTRUCTION of J&M (and the teen invasion) and now the creation of HORRIBLE Mony, the ratings are at a 3.4 and worse!! That in my opinion is proof that Days is losing viewers everyday, and Mony isn't helping AT ALL. I can name 25 J&M fans that have stopped watching this week! Some have been watching the show for almost 20 years and have stood and took every beating the writers have given J&M fans but now with this Mony coming they believe that it is Jope made over and that there is no hope for the chance of a new J&M story about their love and that has both John and Marlena written in character. J&M fans waited 13 years for John and Marlena to get married, again, this time for forever, then after all that waiting we were patient and we expected a good J&M storyline, about J&M and even get to see them raise their kids but no that might keep the ratings up, so we get a Jope storyline, and they SORAS their kids 10 years. Then after suffering for almost 3 years, we thought that finally Lanagan was gone and Paula and Peter were going to save the show but they set up Mony and now Dena Higley has taken over, she is writing several other characters better and even John is sorta being written in character, but now Marlena is being turned into some kind of IDIOT!! UGGGH!! I am 1000000% AGAINIST A MONY PAIRING!! I'm sick of suffering through crap!!! Give us a story finally a story it has been 4 years and I think everyone has waited enough it's been 17 years my goodness.

Ok, I'm off my soap box now.

Die Hard J&M/DnD-er and Proud of It!

"As she gets more desperate and frightened, he
becomes her salvation, as she falls apart, he's right there. It's every child's fantasy and every woman's fantasy of a husband, where he is a knight in shining armor. And Drake is magnificent
at it. It's clean and it's pure and it's right there in front of you." ~ Deidre Hall

"John has always been her salvation. I'm not sure Marlena believes anyone can clear her, but if anyone can do it, it will be John." ~ Deidre Hall

"Yes, it does look really bleak right now (for John and Marlena). I know that, but as in any good fairy tale there's a lot of pain to get through in order to reach the end of a good or happy ending." ~ Ken Corday

Smile God Loves You
www.geocities.com/hazel_n_blue_4ever/index
I Dream of Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 02:15 AM   #3
angel676

Wow, you sure do have some strong feelings and opinions about this
storyline. I take it that you are
indeed a true 100% John and Marlena
fan. I agree and disagree about
Tony manipulating Marlena. When it
comes to the twins, I don't believe
he is manipulating her, she's doing that herself, but when it comes to
Tony himself, that's where I do agree.
Personally, I wouldn't call it HOGWASH,
I call it straight up BS.

Question, when you wrote and I quote,
"I really want to know why Corday wants
to end this show", does Corday actually
want to end/terminate/axe and etc...
Days? Or do "you" think that's what
Corday is doing? just wondering!!
Old 03-20-2003, 04:30 PM   #4
JenniferlovesBecker
Forum Regular

Location: BECKERS BACK!!! As Frasier Crane says "The Love continues!"

well I just want to say, that I've been a fan since 1998, and every epsoide has been great, now for the past 6 months I haven't had time for Days do to work and school, but I will tell you I tuned in Tuesday, and I was not happy about the way John and Maralna are treating each other, I was so confused, and then when I found out that the twins were Marlna's biologically, I was like, oh great their goes Days down the drain. The only part I like is the Bell/Shawn & Brady/Chloe story, what happend to my favorite soap opera?
What ...did the producers do hire new writers or something?
Paramount Studios c/o Cast of "Becker"
5555 Melrose Ave, Balaban A
Hollywood, CA 90038
BECKER ROCKS!!!!
JenniferlovesBecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 06:19 PM   #5
angel676

Well... there is this new writer, I think her name is Dena Higley or something like that. Ever since she became the new writer, Days has been a total crock. Days should bring back the writers' they had last year, they were bringing Days alive with their writing, but this new writer is, IMO ruining Days. They should give this new da@@ writer the frickin' axe.
I'm not exaggerating when I say this, I've met *alot* of people online who
feel the exact same way as I do.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:12 PM   #6
JenniferlovesBecker
Forum Regular

Location: BECKERS BACK!!! As Frasier Crane says "The Love continues!"

OMG I know the begining of last year's storyline was brillant, and then boom, the storyline is soooo lame, hopefully they'll bring back the old writers, I wonder why they hired a new one?
JenniferlovesBecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 10:24 PM   #7
angel676

Why they hired a new writer, I have no ideam, but it was a major mistake. But,
if they do bring back the old writers,
I hope they do it soon, before this new
writer totally ruins Days, she's doing
a da@@ good job of that so far!!!
Old 03-21-2003, 06:44 PM   #8
I Dream of Jeannie
Undisputed..........

Location: Rebelling againist a group, defining a genre, and supporting Deidre -n- Drake and John and Marlena no matter what, and thanking Mr. Reilly for this magnificant storyline. Woohoo!! Life is good! Dee and Drake are bad. he he he

Going back to what I said about "I don't know why Corday wants to end this show?" Corday hasn't said that or anything, I just meant that it looks like he just doesn't care if the fans are happy and happy fans keep the show on, not angry fans who stop watching it.

Now on to the new writer and old writer subject, Paula & Peter (the writers earlier this year) in my opinion were doing a good job in early 2002 but in about January of 2003 they started "the twits are Marlena's mess" and February sweeps was a JOKE!!! They did a great job during November Sweeps but February was awful. In my opinion they needed to be demoted (they are still on the Days writing staff they were just demoted from Head Writer). They in my opinion made Days the Shelle hour in February and January and that made a LOT of Bope fans mad, because Shawn was the focus of The Murder at Midnight story and they wanted the story to be more about Bope,(but of course the J&J fans are the ones who really feel they got jipped out of The Murder @ Midnight storyline but that's another rant,) and then when Larry locked Hope in the house, who was there with her, it was Belle of course and who saved Hope and Belle from the house why Shawn of course, that REALLY ticked off a lot of Bope fans.

BUT, Dena Hogwash Higley (as I now call her) isn't doing anything at all for me, she is destroying one of Daytime's most admired characters, Marlena. Not to mention one of Daytime's greatest supercouples John and Marlena. All I know is that if she doesn't undo the MESS it's not going to be pretty and I do believe that Days will get worst HH numbers than Passions does (no offense Passions fans) before it's all over.

I also know why they hired Dean Higley, or at least Corday said that he hired her because she has been on the Days writing staff for almost 13 years (or mabye 14 I don't exactly remember) and she has a long term plan for Days that impressed Corday so much that he decided to hire her. That was said back when she first got the job, and also they hired her because she was writing character driven writing not plot driven (though I have yet to see it on the J&M homefront) and it was going to be cheaper, yes that's what Corday said that Character Driven writing was cheaper because there are less BIG events involving set construction and such. I can only see that as the reason, her writing is CHEAP and it SHOWS!!!
Old 03-26-2003, 12:41 PM   #9
~*Belle N'Shawn forever~*
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to ~*Belle N'Shawn forever~* Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Belle N'Shawn forever~*
Default no subject

I'm glad that Marlena, is remembering stuff now,from the past about the twins...And i dont think it's right for Tony, to become in between John and Marlena...just b/c them 2 can't get along....
But Tony is trying to get with Marlena..cuz he's in love with her!
~*Belle N'Shawn forever~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 04:48 PM   #10
Striel
Frequent Poster

I hate this whole storyline. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Best debate site EVER--www.theangrytruth.com
Striel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 10:41 PM   #11
angel676

Even though this hasn't been shown yet, do you think Marlena will believe John
or Tony when John tells her that Tony
left him(John) to die in the sauna?
Old 04-27-2003, 11:52 PM   #12
Christopher
Forum Veteran

John is stupid, I want Marlena and Tony together. John just annoys me and he is always up in Tony's face, he needs to get a life. I am sorry to all the John/Jarlena fans.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 03:39 PM   #13
I Dream of Jeannie
Undisputed..........

The REAL Marlena will believe John when he tells her that Tony tried to kill him, but whose to say that Dena Higley will write Marlena in character on this judgement she hasn't on anything else. But from what I've heard Marlena does indeed believe John. I really think that this is going to be the final nail in Days' coffin, no J&M means no Jarlena fans watch, and at this point no watchers no ratings, no show. The ratings are down to an ALL TIME LOW, at 2.8. Can you guess why?? The three T's are being shoved down everyone's throats, (Teens, Twins, Tony) not to mention the constant bickering between J&M. This is not my couple that I see, every once in a while I see the REAL J&M glimmer through a scene. J&M fans have had nothing to watch but crap for the last 4 years and we are sick of it!! Chris one reason why you probably hate John so much is because you've never seen him, the REAL John. He's been written out of character ever since the beginning of the J word, otherwise known as Jope, granted Higley and Bash & Cwickly's version of John isn't too bad off, it's being tarnished by the fact that Marlena one of Daytime's most popular characters is being written out of character for the first time since she first came to Salem, in 76! If that doesn't make the ratings dive I don't know what will. The week of J&M's reunion in 97 the ratings were a remarkable 6.8 and today after all of Langan and Higley's character assasinations they are at an all time low of 2.8. It's makes me wonder just what it's going to take for TPTB to listen to J&M fans. Will they ever listen to us, again? They better or this show is gonna TANK!!

And in response of the thing about John getting up in Tony's face, he has a RIGHT too!! Crap, Tony is trying to steal John's life, because Marlena is his life without her he'd crumble, and besides that anyone who remembers Aremid, knows that Tony framed John for his murder, John was just moments away from death. Tony is the one with the problem he's the one that keeps on insisting that John stole Kristen. Which is a LIE!!! Kristen threw herself at John hid the truth from him that she wasn't pregnant and kept him and Marlena apart even helped Stefano kidnap her and was successful twice. So in my opinion if I was John I be doing a lot more than just getting up in his face, Tony deserves to rot in jail.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:59 PM   #14
Christopher
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by I Dream of Jeannie
And in response of the thing about John getting up in Tony's face, he has a RIGHT too!! Crap, Tony is trying to steal John's life, because Marlena is his life without her he'd crumble, and besides that anyone who remembers Aremid, knows that Tony framed John for his murder, John was just moments away from death. Tony is the one with the problem he's the one that keeps on insisting that John stole Kristen. Which is a LIE!!! Kristen threw herself at John hid the truth from him that she wasn't pregnant and kept him and Marlena apart even helped Stefano kidnap her and was successful twice. So in my opinion if I was John I be doing a lot more than just getting up in his face, Tony deserves to rot in jail.

Oh well, I guess I am just a sucker for bad guys. I saw what Tony did to John today at the end GO TONY!!!!!!
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:32 PM   #15
I Dream of Jeannie
Undisputed..........

DIE TONY, DEATH TO THE PANSEY, DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!

Chris we will never see eye to eye on this will we? Oh well.