Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Miracle Workers Returns to TBS; ABC's Summer Fun & Games Lineup Renewed for 2020
Lifetime's Winter Ripped from the Headlines; PIX11 Holiday Lineup
Showtime Gets Vanessa Bayer Comedy Pilot; Jeopardy! Sees Who's the GOAT on ABC Primetime
Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-18-2019, 07:09 PM   #31
Guardian
Forum Regular

My guess is we may not see much, if any Lost Love episodes. If they do, I could see them combining those into more of a theme based episode. So while maybe not separate segments like the original series, they might do one episode with 2 or 3 lost loved that share a common theme of sorts. Just a thought though.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:11 PM   #32
Guardian
Forum Regular

Also, with it being on Netflix, even if they did a full hour for a single Lost Love case, with streaming rather than TV, you can easily just skip to the next episode
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #33
JannTosh
Forum Regular

Don’t expect it to be anything like the original Stck version. It will be completely different in tone and presentation. It will probably be exactly like an ID show with the name Unsplved Mysteries on it
JannTosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:38 PM   #34
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybodylovesrs View Post
That they are only doing one case per episode shows that Cosgrove-Muerer have not learned anything.
Sad but true. Those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it. The 2008 Spike version of UM was met with a negative reception from fans. And what happens? They decide to reboot it again, this time as a one-case-per-episode series. It may be fashionable for true crime shows to use that approach, but that doesn't mean UM should follow suit. Fans will be disappointed again. Fans want the UM they know and love, not the one that gets rebooted as a faceless entity. As the old saying goes, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:25 PM   #35
drew790
Forum Regular

I think it's early days to really be saying they haven't learned, IMO.

We know next to nothing really except for that one line. If the episodes are short, it's not a big deal. Unsolved Mysteries did do 20 minute segments at times. All we really have is 12 episodes but no run time. If they're half hourish episodes this actually helps tell a more complete story, since with 30 years going by we know that was an issue for them. According to another site's write up they're giving it a decent budget akin to their other docuseries, this is good.

I hate that Farina version as much as anyone, I don't even consider it Unsolved Mysteries, but I'm not imagining Google Earth or stock rock music will be in Netflix's future.
drew790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:16 PM   #36
Jon
Forum Regular

Given that this revival will be from the producer of Stranger Things and the popularity of 80s/90s nostalgia is as high as ever, I'd expect this version to be celebratory of the original style of the show.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:23 PM   #37
Guardian
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Given that this revival will be from the producer of Stranger Things and the popularity of 80s/90s nostalgia is as high as ever, I'd expect this version to be celebratory of the original style of the show.
My thoughts exactly. When I first saw this was the case, I got super excited because Iím sure they will do it right. Iím sure some things will be updated. Personally, Iíd love to see the re-enactments done on 16mm film as the early seasons were. It gives it that gritty, grainy, creepy look to it. But I know they will likely be shooting all digital. But I am just glad to have the series back.

As far as run time, I think longer segments will be fine. As I said before, with binge watching a thing now, I think it really wonít be a big deal. Most will sit and watch the season over a weekend anyway so who cares if itís only one story per episode? I say just think of the entire season as one big episode with -2 segments. Just skip to the next episode if you donít like the segment/episode that is on.
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:21 AM   #38
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

Interesting but it wont work without Rob.

Also....ugh the acting. It will not hold a candle to early UM when they shot on film
Old 01-19-2019, 04:18 AM   #39
tsaun
Frequent Poster

Jonathan Frakes might be good
tsaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:50 AM   #40
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

This is amazing news! Amazing in the sense that it's coming back, although I have soon realized from having UM on streaming that I really only "rewatch" seasons 1-5, and skip the rest. High hopes since this is being redone by Stranger Things producer, as that show is pretty high quality and true to the era. Hopefully they realize that is what people want and remember about UM.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:00 AM   #41
DALLASTEXAN!!

I'm happy it is coming back. It won't be 1989 version, but I don't care. I got my Amazon Prime to comfort me.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:11 AM   #42
MA
Elvis Fonzie Dye
Forum Legend

I can picture John Larroquette being the host.

And many other guys too.

Netflix, please add Home Improvement

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:30 AM   #43
drew790
Forum Regular

Tony Todd would also be good I think.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:35 AM   #44
drew790
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!! View Post
I'm happy it is coming back. It won't be 1989 version, but I don't care. I got my Amazon Prime to comfort me.
This right here.

Nothing and no one will ever touch what Robert Stack did. If I go into it expecting to watch a lost episode of the NBC era I'm going to be disappointed.

I would HOPE they learned from the mistakes of the Spike hackery, though on the flip side it's the only version that current average viewers likely know since it's all that gets replayed on TV. (I don't get Lifetime not airing their own version) I'm just going to remain optimistic until I have a reason not to be, and I've already disowned one remake and replayed the OG into the ground I'll do it again if it warrants it.

Netflix has been killing it with the crime docs lately. The Innocent Man, Murder Mountain, Evil Genius, and obviously Making a Murderer, they've all been well produced without a google map in site
Old 01-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #45
alistaircranium
Frequent Poster

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
Also, while I have no issue with UM being on a streaming service, new episodes of the series should not be limited to that outlet. It needs to be on television as well, and I think we can all agree on that.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you thought wrong.

Ad-supported broadcast television will not be around in ten years. Streaming is the future. Netflix has over 200 million subscribers worldwide. A new version of Unsolved Mysteries on a broadcast network would be lucky to get 5 million viewers. The only people who still watch broadcast networks religiously are the old farts who watch those insipid CBS procedurals.

Unsolved Mysteries being rebooted on Netflix is a great move and I for one cannot wait to add it to my list and begin streaming.
alistaircranium is offline   Reply With Quote