Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Roseanne links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Roseanne Photo Gallery


Roseanne - The Complete First Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Roseanne

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2018, 12:33 AM   #76
Lorimar Television
Member
Senior Member
 
Lorimar Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2007
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
"Dirty" like Sara Gilbert who "stole the show" away from Roseanne
Stop it
__________________
Some of my favorite theme songs:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-e...89CsiJpV_irnNw
Lorimar Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:37 AM   #77
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"
Senior Member
 
Dr. Thong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 09, 2001
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 4,928
Default

Roseanne made a comment that ultimately got her fired from her show.

The network decided to continue the show and offered it to Sara Gilbert and the rest of the cast.

I don't know how that constitutes "stealing" a show.
__________________
"Sunday has been cancelled due to lack of interest. That is all."
Dr. Thong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:39 PM   #78
Sean Conner
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 18, 2011
Location: Lanford, Illinois
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong View Post
Roseanne made a comment that ultimately got her fired from her show.

The network decided to continue the show and offered it to Sara Gilbert and the rest of the cast.

I don't know how that constitutes "stealing" a show.
No more than when an assistant coach is promoted to head coach after the head coach is fired.

Not like Sara made that tweet or forced ABC to fire Roseanne.
Sean Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:56 PM   #79
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Conner View Post
No more than when an assistant coach is promoted to head coach after the head coach is fired.

Not like Sara made that tweet or forced ABC to fire Roseanne.
Yea and I'm still stuck on that idiot assistant coach 8 years later. Can't get rid of him. Jason Garrett sucks.

As for Sara, I don't give a damn about her. Don't think the show will be successful Should have just cancelled it instead of continuing to try to damage it's legacy. But oh well.. I didn't watch the later episodes of Roseanne in the 90's and won't here either. I'll do what I did with Dallas when TNT tried to damage its legacy...ignore it.
__________________
Sonny
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:39 PM   #80
cfr1970
Member
Forum Regular
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong View Post
Roseanne made a comment that ultimately got her fired from her show.

The network decided to continue the show and offered it to Sara Gilbert and the rest of the cast.

I don't know how that constitutes "stealing" a show.
In my view it does constitute stealing. Especially when it was ALL Gilbert's idea to bring back Roseanne's show and be Executive Producer of it. SHE went to Roseanne with this whole idea and had to convince her to go along with it.

If not for snake Gilbert, the show would have stayed in the 1990's where it belonged. But Gilbert, snake that she is saw dollar signs by bringing the show back from the dead.

Barr already had enough dollars and at 65 was hesitant to go along with it. THis whole project was Gilberts baby right from the start and when Barr made that tweet, all snake head Gilbert seemed to care about is keeping the show that she was Exec Producer of to continue....even if that meant tossing the person that gave her the career she enjoyed for 30+ years under the bus.

Now Gilbert's the main star and producer and that to me is STEALING. And from someone that gave her everything makes it all the more sickening.

Now flame me and fire away the insults, but I won't care because the majority of America agrees with this consensus....and the dismal ratings and 2019 cancellation of "The Connors" will prove it.

Sara Gilbert is one Feckless you know what.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:00 PM   #81
Impressions
She died the way she lived
Senior Member
 
Impressions's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 08, 2002
Posts: 4,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
In my view it does constitute stealing. Especially when it was ALL Gilbert's idea to bring back Roseanne's show and be Executive Producer of it. SHE went to Roseanne with this whole idea and had to convince her to go along with it.

If not for snake Gilbert, the show would have stayed in the 1990's where it belonged. But Gilbert, snake that she is saw dollar signs by bringing the show back from the dead.

Barr already had enough dollars and at 65 was hesitant to go along with it. THis whole project was Gilberts baby right from the start and when Barr made that tweet, all snake head Gilbert seemed to care about is keeping the show that she was Exec Producer of to continue....even if that meant tossing the person that gave her the career she enjoyed for 30+ years under the bus.

Now Gilbert's the main star and producer and that to me is STEALING. And from someone that gave her everything makes it all the more sickening.

Now flame me and fire away the insults, but I won't care because the majority of America agrees with this consensus....and the dismal ratings and 2019 cancellation of "The Connors" will prove it.

Sara Gilbert is one Feckless you know what.
It's not stealing and here's why.

1). Gilbert was co-executive producer on the Roseanne reboot along with Roseanne Barr, so she had some ownership.
2). It's a spin-off of the Roseanne reboot. It's not even the same show. Same characters and plot but different show. And this leads me to my third point...
3). Roseanne agreed to give up creative control to the cast and crew. No stealing if she agreed to give it away. Also, Gilbert and Barr BOTH wanted to save the show, it wasn't just Gilbert. They defended keeping the show to save the whole cast and crew's jobs.

Roseanne was bound to create a problem for the show based on her political incorrect nature. Yet, ABC ignored all the red flags and hired her again.

Roseanne is the only person who threw herself under the bus. It was herself that tweeted it, and she only has herself to blame.

Gilbert does not have to bound her loyalty to Roseanne just because she helped her career. If she defended her tweet, it would make her look bad. Why would she sacrifice that? It would wreck her career, too, if she defended Roseanne's tweet. Also, Glibert doesn't need Roseanne to keep her career going, she has The Talk and has had acting stints elsewhere like on The Big Bang Theory. Roseanne has a 30 year old career? Please. She's been out of the lime-light for years and only pops in and out for some publicity or political stunts. I would hardly call that a career. She has a hard time finding a career since Roseanne ended.

I think The Conners is going to be successful because people still have an interest in this family and their story, even sans Roseanne. It may not be as successful as the reboot or the original, but I think it will stay on and people will tune in.
Impressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:28 PM   #82
cfr1970
Member
Forum Regular
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
It's not stealing and here's why.

1). Gilbert was co-executive producer on the Roseanne reboot along with Roseanne Barr, so she had some ownership.
2). It's a spin-off of the Roseanne reboot. It's not even the same show. Same characters and plot but different show. And this leads me to my third point...

Lame excuse. It's STILL the same show no matter how you try and spin it. If it weren't for Roseanne, "The Connors" wouldn't exist in any stretch of the imagination.

3). Roseanne agreed to give up creative control to the cast and crew. No stealing if she agreed to give it away. Also, Gilbert and Barr BOTH wanted to save the show, it wasn't just Gilbert. They defended keeping the show to save the whole cast and crew's jobs.

You can believe that, but I don't no matter what she said in her Tweets. I believe Roseanne was pressured and bullied to give up the creative control by ABC and caved.

Roseanne was bound to create a problem for the show based on her political incorrect nature. Yet, ABC ignored all the red flags and hired her again.

Roseanne is the only person who threw herself under the bus. It was herself that tweeted it, and she only has herself to blame.

No it was ABC who fired her. Roseanne didn't fire herself. And when ABC fired her, snake Gilbert threw her under the bus and took over a show that wasn't hers.

Gilbert does not have to bound her loyalty to Roseanne just because she helped her career. If she defended her tweet, it would make her look bad. Why would she sacrifice that? It would wreck her career, too, if she defended Roseanne's tweet. Also, Glibert doesn't need Roseanne to keep her career going, she has The Talk and has had acting stints elsewhere like on The Big Bang Theory. Roseanne has a 30 year old career? Please. She's been out of the lime-light for years and only pops in and out for some publicity or political stunts. I would hardly call that a career. She has a hard time finding a career since Roseanne ended.

You are correct. She threw Roseanne under the bus for fear of Nazi Hollywood destroying her career too. If you fall out of step in Hollywood and don't subscribe to their way, you're out forever. Snake Gilbert knew this and immediately distanced herself from the person who made her. Nice.

And you misinterpreted by post about 30+ years. I wasn't referring to Roseanne's career, but snake Gilbert's. She's enjoyed herself a 30+ year career all because of Roseanne. And this is the payback she gives. Tossing her aside and stealing her show.

I think The Conners is going to be successful because people still have an interest in this family and their story, even sans Roseanne. It may not be as successful as the reboot or the original, but I think it will stay on and people will tune in.
I disagree. People have an interest in Roseanne, Dan and Jackie. The rest are all minor characters no one cares much about. People will tune in for the premiere to see how they kill Roseanne off, but they won't stick around to listen to 30 mins of liberal indoctrination, boys wearing dresses, etc....America is sick of it and ratings will show.

I bet you a quarter "The Connors" gets cancelled by spring 2019 and I'd love to see Roseanne be courted buy FOX and she accepts and has a show alongside Tim Allen's "Last Man Standing". It will be a sweet victory for both and surely the highest rated hour of television for the week.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:31 PM   #83
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I disagree. People have an interest in Roseanne, Dan and Jackie. The rest are all minor characters no one cares much about. People will tune in for the premiere to see how they kill Roseanne off, but they won't stick around to listen to 30 mins of liberal indoctrination, boys wearing dresses, etc....America is sick of it and ratings will show.

I bet you a quarter "The Connors" gets cancelled by spring 2019 and I'd love to see Roseanne be courted buy FOX and she accepts and has a show alongside Tim Allen's "Last Man Standing". It will be a sweet victory for both and surely the highest rated hour of television for the week.
I do agree. It was always Roseanne, Dan and Jackie. The other characters were good in small doses. And what made characters like Darlene work was the relationship between her and her parents. ABC knows that too otherwise they would have just spun Darlene off. They needed Dan and Jackie there. And look there have been plenty of actors on shows I liked that I probably wouldn't care for in real life. That doesn't mean you should ruin the show and kill them off. I mean Roseanne was doing crazy things in the 90's and ABC never thought of firing her.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:59 PM   #84
cfr1970
Member
Forum Regular
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Television View Post
I do agree. It was always Roseanne, Dan and Jackie. The other characters were good in small doses. And what made characters like Darlene work was the relationship between her and her parents. ABC knows that too otherwise they would have just spun Darlene off. They needed Dan and Jackie there. And look there have been plenty of actors on shows I liked that I probably wouldn't care for in real life. That doesn't mean you should ruin the show and kill them off. I mean Roseanne was doing crazy things in the 90's and ABC never thought of firing her.
Very true. Roseanne ran her offensive mouth constantly in the 90's and it wasn't career destroying as it is today. They still won't even play the reruns of the original show. It's absurd!
We're living in very weird times and I don't think anyone under 30 can fully grasp that. Up is down, down is up, off is on etc....it's like the world has fallen down the rabbit hole.

Roseanne should've never been resurrected and brought into this era. It's 9 season legacy is now forever tarnished with this whole debacle and that's a real shame.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #85
Dude111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 05, 2013
Posts: 5,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impressions
Best. News. Ever.
I wouldnt watch it even if it was on analogue cable!!

Piece of garbage........ What she did WAS NO BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!! (Not as bad as what that other lady called Donnys daughter)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:28 PM   #86
Impressions
She died the way she lived
Senior Member
 
Impressions's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 08, 2002
Posts: 4,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
If it weren't for Roseanne, "The Connors" wouldn't exist in any stretch of the imagination.
Actually, it could have. The show was created by Matt Williams, and it wasn't until later that they gave Barr co-creator credit. Also, they even thought about axing Roseanne Barr from the show when it ran in the '90s, but I guess they didn't have the balls to do it. The show could have existed without its titular character in the '90s. There was actually a lot of rumors that they wanted to fire her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
You can believe that, but I don't no matter what she said in her Tweets. I believe Roseanne was pressured and bullied to give up the creative control by ABC and caved.
Pressured and bullied? According to what source? According to multiple reports including this one that I've read, Roseanne full-willingly gave up the show because she knew she had done wrong and made that sacrifice to show that she was truly sorry. She wanted to do it. To be honest, she really didn't care that much about the reboot in the first place (both you and I know she dragged her feet on it) so it wasn't that hard for her to do. She was only upset because she got called out for a racist comment, which it was. And she's still in denial about it, and wants our sympathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
No it was ABC who fired her. Roseanne didn't fire herself. And when ABC fired her, snake Gilbert threw her under the bus and took over a show that wasn't hers.
Yes, I know that ABC fired her but my point was, Roseanne was a ticking time bomb and she threw herself in front of the bus that held the whole cast and crew. People were already threatening to leave (including Sykes and Kenney), and there's no way the show would've lasted if Roseanne was kept on the show. You act like Gilbert was the only one that didn't defend her, no, it was a lot more than just her. Anyone with a brain would not defend her. So she's a snake because she didn't defend her and she protected the cast and crew's jobs? OK, I don't see your logic at all. I'll also repeat it again: Gilbert was co-executive producer of the reboot, so she shared a piece of the pie. How can you steal something that's part yours?

Oh, and guess what? What you fail to see is they both saved the show when Roseanne gave up creative and financial control (and cut herself out of the show, obviously) and they the cast and crew agreed to do the spin-off idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
You are correct. She threw Roseanne under the bus for fear of Nazi Hollywood destroying her career too. If you fall out of step in Hollywood and don't subscribe to their way, you're out forever. Snake Gilbert knew this and immediately distanced herself from the person who made her. Nice.
So it's "Nazi" Hollywood because she wouldn't defend a racist remark? What? I think you have it backwards. Also...comparing liberals to Nazis? Really? There's no comparison whatsoever. Seems like a lame attempt to discredit an entire party when there's no association whatsoever.

Remember, it was Roseanne was the one that dressed up as a Nazi on that magazine cover. If anything, Roseanne was destroying her own career by alienating people with her anti-semitism and her racist remarks over the years. Gilbert just had had enough and distanced herself completely when it directly effect her, which I can't really blame her for, because why would she want to be associated with someone anymore who has clearly lost it? Also expecting someone to faithfully pledge allegiance to someone regardless of their questionable morals?? Having supreme obedience to someone regardless of what they say or do would be something a Nazi would do. You have it wayyyyyy backwards.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I disagree. People have an interest in Roseanne, Dan and Jackie. The rest are all minor characters no one cares much about. People will tune in for the premiere to see how they kill Roseanne off, but they won't stick around to listen to 30 mins of liberal indoctrination, boys wearing dresses, etc....America is sick of it and ratings will show.

I bet you a quarter "The Connors" gets cancelled by spring 2019 and I'd love to see Roseanne be courted buy FOX and she accepts and has a show alongside Tim Allen's "Last Man Standing". It will be a sweet victory for both and surely the highest rated hour of television for the week.
Roseanne's sitcom career is over. FOX is not gonna willingly tout someone who's clearly mentally unstable now as a lead role on a sitcom. Also, even comparing Roseanne's political views to Tim Allen's is like comparing two different breeds.

And, uh, Roseanne and Dan's kids are minor characters? Oh ok. They're just as much as a part of the show as Roseanne, Dan and Jackie. It's about a struggling FAMILY that people could to and that's why people watched, not because of certain characters.

Lastly, just because the reboot will present one of many viewpoints that's different from yours, doesn't make it indoctrination or be the reason why Americans won't like it. Not everyone is closed minded like you
Impressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:20 PM   #87
cfr1970
Member
Forum Regular
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
Actually, it could have. The show was created by Matt Williams, and it wasn't until later that they gave Barr co-creator credit. Also, they even thought about axing Roseanne Barr from the show when it ran in the '90s, but I guess they didn't have the balls to do it. The show could have existed without its titular character in the '90s. There was actually a lot of rumors that they wanted to fire her.



Pressured and bullied? According to what source? According to multiple reports including this one that I've read, Roseanne full-willingly gave up the show because she knew she had done wrong and made that sacrifice to show that she was truly sorry. She wanted to do it. To be honest, she really didn't care that much about the reboot in the first place (both you and I know she dragged her feet on it) so it wasn't that hard for her to do. She was only upset because she got called out for a racist comment, which it was. And she's still in denial about it, and wants our sympathy.



Yes, I know that ABC fired her but my point was, Roseanne was a ticking time bomb and she threw herself in front of the bus that held the whole cast and crew. People were already threatening to leave (including Sykes and Kenney), and there's no way the show would've lasted if Roseanne was kept on the show. You act like Gilbert was the only one that didn't defend her, no, it was a lot more than just her. Anyone with a brain would not defend her. So she's a snake because she didn't defend her and she protected the cast and crew's jobs? OK, I don't see your logic at all. I'll also repeat it again: Gilbert was co-executive producer of the reboot, so she shared a piece of the pie. How can you steal something that's part yours?

Oh, and guess what? What you fail to see is they both saved the show when Roseanne gave up creative and financial control (and cut herself out of the show, obviously) and they the cast and crew agreed to do the spin-off idea.



So it's "Nazi" Hollywood because she wouldn't defend a racist remark? What? I think you have it backwards. Also...comparing liberals to Nazis? Really? There's no comparison whatsoever. Seems like a lame attempt to discredit an entire party when there's no association whatsoever.

Remember, it was Roseanne was the one that dressed up as a Nazi on that magazine cover. If anything, Roseanne was destroying her own career by alienating people with her anti-semitism and her racist remarks over the years. Gilbert just had had enough and distanced herself completely when it directly effect her, which I can't really blame her for, because why would she want to be associated with someone anymore who has clearly lost it? Also expecting someone to faithfully pledge allegiance to someone regardless of their questionable morals?? Having supreme obedience to someone regardless of what they say or do would be something a Nazi would do. You have it wayyyyyy backwards.




Roseanne's sitcom career is over. FOX is not gonna willingly tout someone who's clearly mentally unstable now as a lead role on a sitcom. Also, even comparing Roseanne's political views to Tim Allen's is like comparing two different breeds.

And, uh, Roseanne and Dan's kids are minor characters? Oh ok. They're just as much as a part of the show as Roseanne, Dan and Jackie. It's about a struggling FAMILY that people could to and that's why people watched, not because of certain characters.

Lastly, just because the reboot will present one of many viewpoints that's different from yours, doesn't make it indoctrination or be the reason why Americans won't like it. Not everyone is closed minded like you
Your reply is all over the place and makes no sense. I'm not going to respond to each paragraph, but will condense in a nutshell.

You accuse Roseanne, a Jewish person, of "anti semitism". Absurd!

You say "The Connors" could still have existed without Roseanne. Wrong. The Connors was an idea created by Roseanne back in the 80's. So my statement firmly stands that "The Connors" would never exist without Roseanne, being the creator of the family.

It doesn't matter that snake Gilbert was Exec Producer of the reboot. It was originally Barr's show. HERS. Snake Gilbert coerced Roseanne to reboot the show, with the snake as co Exec Producer.
She probably (and rightly) knew she couldn't ever be Exec Producer of her own sitcom creation, so uses Roseanne's show with a built in audience.

And without Roseanne, the creator, this will sink quickly to the bottom of the television swamp. And that's what television is these days.

And comparing liberals to Nazis is quite apt. One word to back that up....Antifa. They're certainly not conservatives!

Whether Roseanne comes back with another sitcom or not is speculation. Who knows? Given her age, she may just be done with it all and I certainly wouldn't blame her. I hope she does, because there are millions of fans that would happily welcome her to TV.

Nazi Hollywood may have destroyed her legacy, but for us loyal fans, her wonderful legacy is still intact!! It's pretty ironic you know....us Conservatives are the ones that truly practice love and tolerance. Isn't that funny? We don't hate everything under the sun like the loony liberals do.

What a sad way to live with all that hate.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:14 PM   #88
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
Actually, it could have. The show was created by Matt Williams, and it wasn't until later that they gave Barr co-creator credit. Also, they even thought about axing Roseanne Barr from the show when it ran in the '90s, but I guess they didn't have the balls to do it. The show could have existed without its titular character in the '90s. There was actually a lot of rumors that they wanted to fire her.



Pressured and bullied? According to what source? According to multiple reports including this one that I've read, Roseanne full-willingly gave up the show because she knew she had done wrong and made that sacrifice to show that she was truly sorry. She wanted to do it. To be honest, she really didn't care that much about the reboot in the first place (both you and I know she dragged her feet on it) so it wasn't that hard for her to do. She was only upset because she got called out for a racist comment, which it was. And she's still in denial about it, and wants our sympathy.



Yes, I know that ABC fired her but my point was, Roseanne was a ticking time bomb and she threw herself in front of the bus that held the whole cast and crew. People were already threatening to leave (including Sykes and Kenney), and there's no way the show would've lasted if Roseanne was kept on the show. You act like Gilbert was the only one that didn't defend her, no, it was a lot more than just her. Anyone with a brain would not defend her. So she's a snake because she didn't defend her and she protected the cast and crew's jobs? OK, I don't see your logic at all. I'll also repeat it again: Gilbert was co-executive producer of the reboot, so she shared a piece of the pie. How can you steal something that's part yours?

Oh, and guess what? What you fail to see is they both saved the show when Roseanne gave up creative and financial control (and cut herself out of the show, obviously) and they the cast and crew agreed to do the spin-off idea.



So it's "Nazi" Hollywood because she wouldn't defend a racist remark? What? I think you have it backwards. Also...comparing liberals to Nazis? Really? There's no comparison whatsoever. Seems like a lame attempt to discredit an entire party when there's no association whatsoever.

Remember, it was Roseanne was the one that dressed up as a Nazi on that magazine cover. If anything, Roseanne was destroying her own career by alienating people with her anti-semitism and her racist remarks over the years. Gilbert just had had enough and distanced herself completely when it directly effect her, which I can't really blame her for, because why would she want to be associated with someone anymore who has clearly lost it? Also expecting someone to faithfully pledge allegiance to someone regardless of their questionable morals?? Having supreme obedience to someone regardless of what they say or do would be something a Nazi would do. You have it wayyyyyy backwards.




Roseanne's sitcom career is over. FOX is not gonna willingly tout someone who's clearly mentally unstable now as a lead role on a sitcom. Also, even comparing Roseanne's political views to Tim Allen's is like comparing two different breeds.

And, uh, Roseanne and Dan's kids are minor characters? Oh ok. They're just as much as a part of the show as Roseanne, Dan and Jackie. It's about a struggling FAMILY that people could to and that's why people watched, not because of certain characters.

Lastly, just because the reboot will present one of many viewpoints that's different from yours, doesn't make it indoctrination or be the reason why Americans won't like it. Not everyone is closed minded like you
Where did you hear that they were thinking of firing Roseanne in the 90's? I followed television very closely back then. Cut out Newspaper articles ( some I still have) and I still collect TV Guides. Not once did I ever read that they were even thinking of firing her. And let me tell you she was looney toons back then. And no the show couldn't have lasted without her. There is only one show at the time that survived losing it's star and that was The Hogan Family. And that show was not a big hit. The only other show I can even think of that survived a major cast change like that was NYPD Blue and that was really Dennis Franz's show. Dan and Jackie were good because they played well off of Roseanne. So did the kids. I mean she was the one that made the show funny.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:12 PM   #89
Yong Fang
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 04, 2009
Location: Memphis Tennessee
Posts: 1,672
Default

I'm sorry but I want Roseanne Barr back. She was the show and will always be the show. We the viewing public do not find her or her comments "offensive". If she "tweets' (a non word I hate) says something outlandish or dangerous, then take steps. But this Valarie Jarett person could just sue for defamation and the show still stays on.
Yong Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #90
Impressions
She died the way she lived
Senior Member
 
Impressions's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 08, 2002
Posts: 4,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
Your reply is all over the place and makes no sense. I'm not going to respond to each paragraph, but will condense in a nutshell.

You accuse Roseanne, a Jewish person, of "anti semitism". Absurd!

You say "The Connors" could still have existed without Roseanne. Wrong. The Connors was an idea created by Roseanne back in the 80's. So my statement firmly stands that "The Connors" would never exist without Roseanne, being the creator of the family.

It doesn't matter that snake Gilbert was Exec Producer of the reboot. It was originally Barr's show. HERS. Snake Gilbert coerced Roseanne to reboot the show, with the snake as co Exec Producer.
She probably (and rightly) knew she couldn't ever be Exec Producer of her own sitcom creation, so uses Roseanne's show with a built in audience.

And without Roseanne, the creator, this will sink quickly to the bottom of the television swamp. And that's what television is these days.

And comparing liberals to Nazis is quite apt. One word to back that up....Antifa. They're certainly not conservatives!

Whether Roseanne comes back with another sitcom or not is speculation. Who knows? Given her age, she may just be done with it all and I certainly wouldn't blame her. I hope she does, because there are millions of fans that would happily welcome her to TV.

Nazi Hollywood may have destroyed her legacy, but for us loyal fans, her wonderful legacy is still intact!! It's pretty ironic you know....us Conservatives are the ones that truly practice love and tolerance. Isn't that funny? We don't hate everything under the sun like the loony liberals do.

What a sad way to live with all that hate.
I found her posing as Hitler offensive. Yes, I know it was from a Jewish satire magazine but there was absolutely nothing funny about it and it comes across as anti-semitic, even when Roseanne is Jewish.

Roseanne also didn't become a co-creator of the show until after it premiered. The entire concept was Matt Williams' idea. The show could've easily existed without her. It wasn't her show to even begin with!

I'm not even gonna try to argue any of your points about "Nazi Hollywood," because it absolutely makes no sense and it's offensive that you call liberals Nazis. It's just plain absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Television View Post
Where did you hear that they were thinking of firing Roseanne in the 90's? I followed television very closely back then. Cut out Newspaper articles ( some I still have) and I still collect TV Guides. Not once did I ever read that they were even thinking of firing her. And let me tell you she was looney toons back then. And no the show couldn't have lasted without her. There is only one show at the time that survived losing it's star and that was The Hogan Family. And that show was not a big hit. The only other show I can even think of that survived a major cast change like that was NYPD Blue and that was really Dennis Franz's show. Dan and Jackie were good because they played well off of Roseanne. So did the kids. I mean she was the one that made the show funny.
37 Unbelievable Behind-the-Scenes Stories From "Roseanne"
Impressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.