Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soaps Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Soaps

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes
ABC 2019 Holiday Specials and Episodes; E! Sets Date for Reality Sitcom

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-08-2004, 03:46 PM   #1
Sean Snow
moo
Forum Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Sean Snow
Default SOAPnet acquires Melrose Place and 90210

Official SOAPnet Press Release

SOAPnet ACQUIRES PARAMOUNT DOMESTIC TELEVISION'S "MELROSE PLACE" AND "BEVERLY HILLS 90210"

Melrose Place to begin September 13; 90210 slated for early 2005.

(Burbank, CA) - SOAPnet has acquired the exclusive broadcast rights to all 7 seasons of Spelling Television's Melrose Place and all 10 seasons of Spelling Television's Beverly Hills 90210 from Paramount Domestic Television, it was announced today by Deborah Blackwell, General Manager, SOAPnet.

Melrose Place will air weekdays on SOAPnet beginning September 13th at 6PM. The series starring Heather Locklear, Josie Bissett, Thomas Calabro, Doug Savant, Grant Show, Courtney Thorne-Smith, Jack Wagner and SOAPnet's own Lisa Rinna first aired on Fox from 1992-1999.

Beverly Hills 90210, the long running teen drama featuring Jason Priestly, Tori Spelling, Jennie Garth, Ian Ziering, Gabrielle Carteris, Shannen Doherty, Luke Perry and Brian Austin Green is slated to begin airing weekdays in early 2005.

"We are thrilled to be the new residence for Melrose Place and Beverly Hills 90210. SOAPnet continues to add popular soaps our viewers want to see and real estate doesn't get any better than this," said Ms. Blackwell. "Melrose and 90210 from executive producer Aaron Spelling, were two of the highest rated primetime soaps of the '90s and their addition to our lineup continues to establish our brand and provide our viewers with a 24-hour soapy environment."

Melrose Place originally premiered in July 1992 and showcased the lives of a group of residents in an apartment complex in Los Angeles. Viewers were witness to all the scheming and scandals amongst this group of not-so-nice neighbors. These young singles also knew how to heat up the screen with their many romances.

Beverly Hills 90210, which premiered in October 1990, features the lives and loves of a group of friends in Beverly Hills. The show touches base on a variety of growing pains including drug addictions, bitter break-ups, and divorce. This long-running series traces the lives of these close high school friends through college and into their adulthood.

SOAPnet, the new way to watch soaps, offers same day episodes of popular daytime dramas including All My Children, Days of our Lives, One Life To Live and General Hospital at night for convenient viewing. In addition, the network provides inside access to stars and storylines with original programs including the Emmy-nominated one-hour talk show, Soap Talk and the entertainment magazine show Soap Center. Wrapped in a 24-hour environment, SOAPnet also offers primetime classics including Dynasty, Dallas and Knots Landing as well as former daytime series Port Charles, Ryan's Hope and Another World.
If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal." - John F. Kennedy
Sean Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:28 PM   #2
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

I'm glad to hear that they got 90210, I know it will get excellent treatment on SoapNet
ClassicTV4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:17 AM   #3
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

I will post the September schedule with Melrose Place soon, but as you can see it'll air at 6PM weekdays (so Dallas will be moved to another slot).
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:59 AM   #4
Chelsea
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally posted by pavanbadal
I will post the September schedule with Melrose Place soon, but as you can see it'll air at 6PM weekdays (so Dallas will be moved to another slot).
All who think that KL is going to be the show screwed over by this, raise your hand...

(Raises Hand)
Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:57 PM   #5
factsoflife

The rumors i've hear have Dynasty at 4, Knots Landing at 5, Melrose at 6 and Dallas at 7.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:09 PM   #6
Chelsea
Semi-retired

Wouldn't it make more sense to keep Dallas and KL together, than sandwich MP between them? Also, if that DID hapen, what happens to Days, currently at 7...Hmm, the most sensical move would be to replace that SoapTalk airing at 11 with it. Hey, then you'd have AMC, OLTL, GH, DOOL, and AW consecutively! Now THAT would be nice
Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:08 PM   #7
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

Quote:
Originally posted by Seth Thrasher
All who think that KL is going to be the show screwed over by this, raise your hand...

(Raises Hand)
I think KL is going to be screwed when 90210 comes, because I'm thinking they'll want to pair it with MP. Hopefully it will just get moved up to 4 PM or something.

Quote:
The rumors i've hear have Dynasty at 4, Knots Landing at 5, Melrose at 6 and Dallas at 7.
I can't see them moving DAYS from the 7 PM timeslot, but I've been wrong many many times before.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:52 PM   #8
Sean Snow
moo
Forum Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Sean Snow

Quote:
Originally posted by Seth Thrasher

(Raises Hand)
If one of the shows currently on the schedule gets screwed time slot-wise, I think it's definitely going to be either KL or Ryan's Hope. KL would be most likely to leave (since I'd imagine they're paying much more for it), though, IMO. Then again, I know a lot of people thought KL would be taken off after Dallas was announced but it's still on, so...

Anyway, I don't think there will be a major change to the schedule for Melrose, IMO. If it airs at 6:00PM, they might just limit Dallas to 1 airing a night, or take one of Another World's 3 airings and give it to Dallas.

I don't think they'd move DAYS out of 7pm, IMO, unless they wanted to put it at 11:00PM. I'd doubt that, too, though, since I'm sure they want SOAPtalk to have a great time slot.
Sean Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 06:13 PM   #9
factsoflife

I think this is what will happen-

4- Dynasty
5- Dallas
6- Melrose
7- Knots Landing
8- DOOL
9- AMC
10- OLTL
11-GH
12mid- Soaptalk.

I really wish soaptalk would get a daytime airing at like 2 or 3 in the afternoon.
factsoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 06:41 AM   #10
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

Even though I still don't think they'll remove DAYS from 7 PM, I think it would be kinda neat to have Knots Landing on at 7. That way my mom can watch it too.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:38 PM   #11
Moondance
MCR

Ooh! I loved watching 90210!! Isn't that show still on FX?

Feen
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:49 PM   #12
factsoflife

Quote:
Originally posted by Moondance
Ooh! I loved watching 90210!! Isn't that show still on FX?

Feen
Yes but FX's contract with 90210 ends in late 2004/early 2005 and Soapnet has snatched up the exclusive rights to both 90210 and Melrose. the Melrose contract w/E!/Style ends very soon.
factsoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:52 PM   #13
Moondance
MCR

Quote:
Originally posted by factsoflife
Yes but FX's contract with 90210 ends in late 2004/early 2005 and Soapnet has snatched up the exclusive rights to both 90210 and Melrose. the Melrose contract w/E!/Style ends very soon.

That's awesome! Thanks for the info!

Feen
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:21 AM   #14
evermore
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

when 90210 comes to Soapnet, then will it no be on FX?
evermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:10 AM   #15
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

Quote:
Originally posted by evermore
when 90210 comes to Soapnet, then will it no be on FX?
SoapNet will have exclusive rights to 90210 and Melrose Place, meaning that only SoapNet will be able to air the shows during the time they own the rights. I know that is going to be a major bummer to those who don't have SoapNet.