Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Joey Bishop Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Joey Bishop Show Photo Gallery

The Joey Bishop Show - The Complete Second Season

Buy The Joey Bishop Show - The Complete Second Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > The Joey Bishop Show

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Miracle Workers Returns to TBS; ABC's Summer Fun & Games Lineup Renewed for 2020
Lifetime's Winter Ripped from the Headlines; PIX11 Holiday Lineup
Showtime Gets Vanessa Bayer Comedy Pilot; Jeopardy! Sees Who's the GOAT on ABC Primetime
Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-13-2019, 02:06 PM   #1
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Default All 4 Seasons of "The Joey Bishop Show" Available to Stream on Amazon Video

I just noticed that all four seasons of The Joey Bishop Show are on Amazon to stream. If you have an Amazon Prime account, you can watch the episodes. If you don't, then you have to pay for each season to be able to watch them. I don't know how much it is because I have a Prime account, but it's usually around $20 a season. Though it might be less for an older show. I don't know how they decide on a price.

I don't know how long the episodes originally ran for but I'm noticing the run times for the Amazon versions are between 24 and 25 minutes. I've already watched an episode and noticed it put back in some scenes which were cut from the DVDs (including the cold open). So it's already better than the DVD. (Correction: Season 1 is all 22 minutes, the other three seasons, however, are 24 to 25 minutes with one exception, "The Sultan's Gift in season 4 is an alarming 20 minutes!)

I much prefer DVDs, but this way allows you to watch the episodes either uncut or less cut than the SFM "official" DVD release.
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:03 PM   #2
retroTVfan4ever

I noticed this too but I'm not going to pay Amazon's fee just to watch seasons 3 and 4 uncut. I'll hold on to my edited/syndicated recordings from Antenna TV and continue having a slim hope that the series will eventually get a proper DVD release with uncut episodes.

"The Sultan's Gift" run time of about 20 minutes, there must be some reason for a chunk of this episode to be cut, it also runs about 20 minutes in the Antenna TV airing.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:34 PM   #3
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan

For $20, they should provide you with a DVD.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
retroTVfan4ever

I don't know if the 1st season episodes will ever be seen uncut. All we might get are the edited versions that Antenna TV has been running.

Season 2 was previously released on DVD uncut, except for one episode "Joey's House Guest" that has a little bit missing at the beginning.

Seasons 3 and 4 need to be released uncut on DVD, maybe one day it will happen.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:14 AM   #5
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

Default Roku

I know this is technically about Amazon Video, but replying here just in case anybody missed it.

You can go to Roku's "The Roku Channel" (https://therokuchannel.roku.com/) and even though it requires you signup for a free account, SFM (The Company who provides Joey to RTV & Antenna) has put up the entire 4 seasons of Joey for free, no monthly fee at all.
RedPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:28 PM   #6
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPenguin View Post
I know this is technically about Amazon Video, but replying here just in case anybody missed it.

You can go to Roku's "The Roku Channel" (https://therokuchannel.roku.com/) and even though it requires you signup for a free account, SFM (The Company who provides Joey to RTV & Antenna) has put up the entire 4 seasons of Joey for free, no monthly fee at all.
Thanks for sharing this information. I'm mostly interested in seasons 3 and 4 of Joey Bishop so I signed up with Roku to view those episodes. I don't think the season 3 and 4 episodes on Roku are completely uncut but they're pretty close, at least they're more complete compared to the edited ones Antenna TV has been running. The episodes on Roku include scenes that are deleted on Antenna TV.

, I watched the 3rd season episode titled "Joey's Mustache" on Roku and I noticed a brief scene that's deleted on Antenna TV. It's a quick scene where Joey gives his wife Ellie a pat/squeeze on her butt, after which Ellie lets out a scream. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Antenna TV deleted the scene is because someone there thought it's sexist and not "politically correct". I wonder if the scene was originally scripted that way or if Joey Bishop ad-libbed it. Maybe Abby Dalton really didn't expect it and was surprised when Joey pinched her on the butt.

For seasons 3 and 4, I estimate that Antenna TV edits out roughly two minutes of scenes from the episodes. That isn't too awful bad but of course I'd prefer if Antenna ran the episodes complete with no edits. "The Sultan's Gift" episode from season 4 only runs about 20 minutes so for whatever reason there is more edited from this episode compared to the others.

Last edited by retroTVfan4ever; 10-12-2019 at 07:53 PM.