Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Lifetime's Winter Ripped from the Headlines; PIX11 Holiday Lineup
Showtime Gets Vanessa Bayer Comedy Pilot; Jeopardy! Sees Who's the GOAT on ABC Primetime
Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-10-2019, 02:47 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

TV ABC Renews "Dancing with the Stars" (28) and "The Bachelor" (24)

"Dancing with the Stars" & "The Bachelor" Renewed at ABC
by Denise Petski
May 10, 2019

Two of ABC’s venerable reality franchises will be returning. "Dancing with the Stars" has been renewed for a 28th season and "The Bachelor" for Season 24.

Hosted by Erin Andrews and Tom Bergeron, along with judges Len Goodman and Carrie Ann Inaba, DWTS season 27 closer drew 7.90 million total viewers and a 1.1/4 rating in adults 18-49.

The 23rd season of "The Bachelor" featured 26-year-old Colton Underwood, a former professional football player and charity founder from Washington, Illinois. In the second part of the live finale on March 12 Underwood chose Cassie Randolph as the winner with no proposal, only accepting the final rose.

"The Bachelor" has held its own ratings-wise, notching a 2.2 and 8 million viewers in in its March season finale, a season high and besting ‘18’s finale in total viewers.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/dancing...bc-1202612058/
JamesG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:57 AM   #2
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

ABC to Introduce “Fun” Format Changes to "Dancing with the Stars" as Network Eyes Bigger Celebrities
by Peter White
May 14, 2019

ABC is to introduce some “fun” new format changes to "Dancing with the Stars" when it returns in the fall and is going after bigger celebrities than it has done in years.

ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke revealed that it wanted to freshen up the format, which is hosted by Erin Andrews and Tom Bergeron, along with judges Len Goodman and Carrie Ann Inaba.

We have been pitched some really fun format changes for Dancing with the Stars by the executive producers but right now they are top secret. [Reality chief] Rob Mills and I had a meeting with them a couple of months ago and got very excited about some of the new ideas that they were talking about to freshen up the format.

It’s still the show that audience knows and loves but they’ve got some good ideas in terms of how to surprise people in new ways,
” she said.

Burke, speaking at the Disney press upfronts event, added that it was “going after bigger stars than we have in a long time” as the series returns on Monday nights between 8pm and 10pm.

The ABC chief also said that resting the show should have a positive impact. “Resting the show does help us focus on talent and we will go after people that we think will be the strongest. That has been a gift and the producers are chomping at the bit to bring it back next fall,” she added.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/abc-dan...sh-1202614622/
Old 05-14-2019, 04:43 PM   #3
tlc38tlc38
Every day’s a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Both of these shows need to be killed.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:08 AM   #4
LeeBlue
Forum Regular

Default ABC Renews "Dancing with the Stars" (28) and "The Bachelor" (24)

Looking forward to the new season of "Dancing with the Stars" -- and what fun surprises the producers have in mind -- this show has never disappointed me and the family.
LeeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:09 PM   #5
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

ABC Hopes "Dancing with the Stars" Format Tweaks will Keep Entertainment Format on Air Past Season 28
by Peter White
August 5, 2019

"Dancing with the Stars" is set to undergo a number of format changes for its upcoming 28th season. ABC hopes that these tweaks, high-profile casting and the fact that it is set to air once a year will refresh the show for the future.

ABC President of Entertainment Karey Burke told Deadline that it was still in discussions with producer BBC Studios but she was expecting a “big season”.

The producers were just in last week talking about the casting and the creative evolution. It’s all very exciting. It won’t be major format changes, just tweaking and tinkering… the show’s been on so long and it’s been so successful elsewhere, I think they’ve done quite an impressive job of looking at what works.

Burke added that the hope is that the format tweaks will lead to more seasons of the show.

I’m quite excited about the casting they’ve put together. It’s not done but the names that I have heard [are impressive]. I think it’s going to be a big season,” she said.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/dancing...28-1202661919/