Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes


New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2019, 06:39 PM   #46
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 121
Default

Coming soon: The Mask of Zorro & The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride.

Army of Darkness I found but was told the quality is unwatchable. This version is rumoured to have a scene with Ash's boss at S Mart played by Charles Napier.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:30 PM   #47
kalopsia
Member
Frequent Poster
 
kalopsia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 07, 2014
Posts: 68
Nodsmiley

That's awesome! Great news Jeff. Jeff you're like a workprint detective.

I'm pretty sure that Army of Darkness fan edit version 2 on workprint collections guys list has scenes from the workprint in the edit too which made it a little different then the primitive screw head fan edit.

I used to always notice the differences between the normal AOD TV version and HBO version back in the day when it was aired to death!

Look out for upgrades too! Like a actual real VHS < DVDR transfer of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, i have a VCD, and a VCD<VHS<DVDR transfer.. would love a true VHS<DVDR transfer!
kalopsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:53 AM   #48
Dude111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 05, 2013
Posts: 5,850
Default

Im glad ya got some buddy!!!!

Did ya ever get the WP for SPY KIDS??

Member I said I had that @ one time.... Interesting seeing her flying over a map!! (Where the city would be placed in the movie)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:12 AM   #49
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalopsia View Post
That's awesome! Great news Jeff. Jeff you're like a workprint detective.

I'm pretty sure that Army of Darkness fan edit version 2 on workprint collections guys list has scenes from the workprint in the edit too which made it a little different then the primitive screw head fan edit.

I used to always notice the differences between the normal AOD TV version and HBO version back in the day when it was aired to death!

Look out for upgrades too! Like a actual real VHS < DVDR transfer of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, i have a VCD, and a VCD<VHS<DVDR transfer.. would love a true VHS<DVDR transfer!
I think this Army of Darkness copy is a lot different than that fan edit floating around. I've been told by another source that he had gotten a copy on the street in New York and its very bad quality and timecoded. I'll be getting a screenshot soon and will see what's it like. Whatever decides to pop I'll keep you in the loop.

Keep your eyes open on a supposed Wing Commander (1999) workprint it's said to run 25 minutes longer then the theatrical version.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:42 PM   #50
kalopsia
Member
Frequent Poster
 
kalopsia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 07, 2014
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1990 View Post
I think this Army of Darkness copy is a lot different than that fan edit floating around. I've been told by another source that he had gotten a copy on the street in New York and its very bad quality and timecoded. I'll be getting a screenshot soon and will see what's it like. Whatever decides to pop I'll keep you in the loop.

Keep your eyes open on a supposed Wing Commander (1999) workprint it's said to run 25 minutes longer then the theatrical version.
I've seen a Army of Darkness workprint on some guys list years ago. Pat Rodriguez I think. He used to always talk about buying bootlegs off of the streets of NYC too. Unfortunately every time i asked for a screen shot he would flip out and say he doesn't have time to take any. So i assumed it wasn't real or at best a mislabeled fan edit. He supposedly had a few workprints I've never seen anywhere on his list, but once again he would flip out on you if you asked for proof though.

Hope we see some more workprints! Girl Interrupted, APT Pupil, Con Air, Leprechaun, Heavy Metal 2. Snatch, Catwomen, Fast and the furious, PI, Wild Things, Underworld, and a few others would be great!

I'm dying to see Mask of Zorro! Hopefully it doesn't take months to encode like the Iron Giant and Tarzan.
kalopsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:50 PM   #51
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalopsia View Post
I've seen a Army of Darkness workprint on some guys list years ago. Pat Rodriguez I think. He used to always talk about buying bootlegs off of the streets of NYC too. Unfortunately every time i asked for a screen shot he would flip out and say he doesn't have time to take any. So i assumed it wasn't real or at best a mislabeled fan edit. He supposedly had a few workprints I've never seen anywhere on his list, but once again he would flip out on you if you asked for proof though.

Hope we see some more workprints! Girl Interrupted, APT Pupil, Con Air, Leprechaun, Heavy Metal 2. Snatch, Catwomen, Fast and the furious, PI, Wild Things, Underworld, and a few others would be great!

I'm dying to see Mask of Zorro! Hopefully it doesn't take months to encode like the Iron Giant and Tarzan.
Let's be patient and see what show up.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:13 AM   #52
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 121
Default

Did more looking around, I managed to find an old trading list from November, 1997 from a trader who went by Emily. With the exception of Crash I'm wondering if these "Studio prints" may be workprints as well. She had a website but it's gone no hint even on archive wayback.

Movies (uncut, workprint, studio print, letterbox) in SP
- Air Force One studio print* (excellent quality, lbx)
- Eve's Bayou studio print* (good quality)
- U-Turn studio print* (good quality)
- Bean studio print* (excellent quality)
- Starship Troopers studio print* (good quality)
- I Know What You Did Last Summer studio print* (fair quality)
- LA Confidential studio print* (very good quality)
- Chasing Amy director's cut* (fair quality)
- The Game studio print* (fair/poor quality)
- Boogie Nights* studio print (fair/poor quality)
- Playing God* studio print (fair quality)
- Red Corner* studio print (fair quality)
- Gattaca* studio print (fair/poor quality)
- Money Talks work print (good/fair quality)
w/ alternate scenes*
- Mimic uncut work print* (fair quality)
audio bad in first few minutes
- Copland work print* (fair/good quality)
rare--4 extra scenes
- My Best Friend's Wedding work print*
Rare! 50 extra minutes
- Austin Powers work print
w/ alternate scenes* (good quality)
- Spawn uncut work print* (good quality)
- Men in Black workprint (poor quality)
- Crash workprint (poor quality)
From Canne, with french subtitles

The hunt continues.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #53
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1990 View Post
Did more looking around, I managed to find an old trading list from November, 1997 from a trader who went by Emily. With the exception of Crash I'm wondering if these "Studio prints" may be workprints as well. She had a website but it's gone no hint even on....
A chick is into this stuff?
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:56 PM   #54
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256 View Post
A chick is into this stuff?
You'd be amazed at the **** I find on the archives. Some of the stories are downright hilarious. There was a guy who went by the name of Ebola The Soul Collector and reading his stuff from back into 1996. He was one of many that got busted by the MPAA and was warning other traders. One of his posts talked about buying a camera and sending amateur sex tapes.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:36 PM   #55
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1990 View Post
You'd be amazed at the **** I find on the archives. Some of the stories are downright hilarious. There was a guy who went by the name of Ebola The Soul Collector and reading his stuff from back into 1996. He was one of many that got busted by the MPAA and was warning other traders. One of his posts talked about buying a camera and sending amateur sex tapes.
Just be glad you werenít around to read Kantica22ís rants. I never could figure out the guyís deal, but he sure had one.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:30 PM   #56
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 121
Default

Who was Kantica22? Another Archer Troy alias? I love reading the old stories just to get laughs and hope that one day more will surface.

Do you know if a workprint of The Big Hit (1998) exists?
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #57
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1990 View Post
Who was Kantica22? Another Archer Troy alias? I love reading the old stories just to get laughs and hope that one day more will surface.

Do you know if a workprint of The Big Hit (1998) exists?
He was a troll who posted all kinds of inflammatory bullshit and tried to start flame wars with several regulars on AVTT. He was paranoid. He thought several traders on the board were conspiring to kill him or something. It was ridiculous and reading his stuff was a waste of time. I honestly think Iím dumber today for having read so many of his posts.

I think I saw the Big Hit on peopleís lists back then, but, again, that was a long time ago.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #58
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 121
Default

I'm guessing you heard a workprint for 101 Dalmatians exist. Runs 29 minutes longer than the theatrical version guy won't share it unless he has a batman workprint.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:16 PM   #59
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1990 View Post
I'm guessing you heard a workprint for 101 Dalmatians exist. Runs 29 minutes longer than the theatrical version guy won't share it unless he has a batman workprint.
Isnít there an excerpt from the Batman workprint on YouTube or was that a hoax?
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:14 PM   #60
jeff1990
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 17, 2011
Posts: 121
Default

It's a hoax. Like Cobra, I thought it existed but it doesn't. I'm trying to find out what existed back in the 1990's what was in trading circles. The Wedding Singer i can confirm exists but has no extra footage. Con Air exists but like wedding Singer no extra footage.
jeff1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.