Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Roseanne links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Roseanne Photo Gallery

Roseanne - The Complete First Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Roseanne

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Madame X

Default Oh Grow Up, Jackie!

In the episode where Roseanne's dad died, I thought Jackie was unfair. I know she was experiencing grief, but she blamed Roseanne for not being able to see her dad for the last few years. She said something like her dad wouldn't visit Lanford because Roseanne made him feel unwelcome.

Well, couldn't Jackie have invited him to her own house, or couldn't she have gone to his house? Roseanne made Jackies life easier by feeding her all the time, letting her do laundry whenever she wanted, and always having an open door. Jackie needed to grow up and not blame Roseanne because Jackie couldn't use the Conner house as a meeting place for her own father.
Madame X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
Hughsgirl
Forum Regular

Totally AGREED!! That's just it, Jackie was too dependant on Rosanne and then she would turn around and accuse her of controlling her. Jackie blamed everyone else for her life and decisions when she should have been looking in the mirror. another thing is that jackie practically lived in the Connor house and that always bugged me too....it's like they didn't have individual lives. It's fine to be close with family, in fact I'm very close to my family, but we also have our individual lives.
Hughsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
coffield3
<3

I agree there. Jackie was out of order in that episode for blaming Roseanne, Roseanne never stopped Jackie from visting him. She couldnt cope with organising the funeral then Roseanne had to pick up the mess.

ღღღ
coffield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

I agree to an extent, but I also think it could be looked at as being realistic. A lot of times during grieving, it's natural to place the blame on someone else. But as a whole, Jackie really was too dependant on the Conners.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
Sheyen
Occasional Poster

I cant completely agree with this. I realize alot of people, once they grow up and move out of their parents homes.......they cut the strings with eachther....and that is great! But some families dont. My cousin and I are very close, we share an apartment together, and most of the time, her family or mine are over here. Her sister doesnt have a washer or dryer, we do...so she is over here alot. We live in the city, my mom lives two hours away.....so when she has to come to the city for drs or whatever, she crashes here. Same with her dad and stepmom, and her sister that lives two hours away, when they come to the city, they stay with us. We have lots of family (our grandmother, cousins and her sisters) that are in and out of the house on usually a daily basis. We do our grandmothers laundry when its too much for her to do. We are THERE for eachother. Im not saying our way is better than others, its just right for us, thats all. I know for a fact that if I moved to my own place and wanted to crash with her for a few days, I could do it. That is what family does. And also, you have to remember that the girls (back to Jackie and Roseanne here) were very much abused by a man that had just died, their feelings are messed up in all kinds of ways that cant even really be thought of. As Huntington said, grief takes place in alot of ways, and blaming others is just something people tend to do. And witht he abuse tacked on....then aggravates the grief even more.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:06 AM   #6
Hughsgirl
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheyen
I cant completely agree with this. I realize alot of people, once they grow up and move out of their parents homes.......they cut the strings with eachther....and that is great! But some families dont. My cousin and I are very close, we share an apartment together, and most of the time, her family or mine are over here. Her sister doesnt have a washer or dryer, we do...so she is over here alot. We live in the city, my mom lives two hours away.....so when she has to come to the city for drs or whatever, she crashes here. Same with her dad and stepmom, and her sister that lives two hours away, when they come to the city, they stay with us. We have lots of family (our grandmother, cousins and her sisters) that are in and out of the house on usually a daily basis. We do our grandmothers laundry when its too much for her to do. We are THERE for eachother. Im not saying our way is better than others, its just right for us, thats all. I know for a fact that if I moved to my own place and wanted to crash with her for a few days, I could do it. That is what family does. And also, you have to remember that the girls (back to Jackie and Roseanne here) were very much abused by a man that had just died, their feelings are messed up in all kinds of ways that cant even really be thought of. As Huntington said, grief takes place in alot of ways, and blaming others is just something people tend to do. And witht he abuse tacked on....then aggravates the grief even more.
I should have made myself more clear.....I'm extremely close to my family as well and we are always there for each other too, but I think it's Jackie that got on my nerves in the way she did things. Had it been someone else? I may not have been so bugged by it. I just didn't really like Jackie and that could very well make all the difference. I just found her so dependant that it could be classified as mentally challanged.
Hughsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
coffield3
<3

Roseannes dad use to be closer with Jackie and he'd call her almost everyday (according to earlier episodes), so why didn't Jackie go and visit him?
coffield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
ShamelessFanGirl
Great Power and Resposbility
Forum Regular

I do think it was very immature of Jackie to blame Roseanne for the reasons why she didn't see their father. She could have seen him if she wanted to, she just made the choice not to especially once she learned of his "mistress" so in the end she has no one but to blame but herself.
ShamelessFanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote